• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Tired and frustrated with United. Please help!

I have seen availability for a couple of economy tickets to Amsterdam through United and then transferred my miles to Axis.

The transaction wasn't going through and when I called them, they tried booking from their end too but then told that there is no inventory. The first leg to Frankfurt was through Vistara and then through Lufthansa to Amsterdam. I was told that Vistara isn't actually available even though it was showing as available on the website. I then asked them to check alternate flights which all had Vistara in the India-Frankfurt leg. They all showed as available on the website but I was again told that there is no inventory for any of them due to non availability of seats in the Vistara leg.

I asked them to book any possible airline on August 31 or September 1 to Amsterdam or Brussels or Stockholm or Copenhagen. Again the same response. Mostly because almost all flights from India to these locations has a Vistara leg in them.

My miles are stuck with United now and I don't think I will be able to redeem them for my Europe trip. I don't understand why more than 10 options that I saw as available on their website actually don't have any availability.

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
00911244315500 I was charged nil when I booked through it
I am seeing the options but payment is not going through. The site shows that I am supposed to make a payment of 5.88 Dollars and when I try to make the payment it shows 5.88 INR and then the payment doesn't go through. Any help will be highly appreciated as I want to book a flight. Some are saying that mention the US billing address to do the booking.

moriarty

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I am seeing the options but payment is not going through. The site shows that I am supposed to make a payment of 5.88 Dollars and when I try to make the payment it shows 5.88 INR and then the payment doesn't go through. Any help will be highly appreciated as I want to book a flight. Some are saying that mention the US billing address to do the booking.
Just put any USA address and zip code

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just put any USA address and zip code
Hey Bro, Thanks for your reply. I have tried doing that also yet I am not able to get through. Did you do it yourself or do you know someone who booked it like this? It would of great help as I am kind of stuck with this United mile points thing.

venkateshr

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have seen availability for a couple of economy tickets to Amsterdam through United and then transferred my miles to Axis.

The transaction wasn't going through and when I called them, they tried booking from their end too but then told that there is no inventory. The first leg to Frankfurt was through Vistara and then through Lufthansa to Amsterdam. I was told that Vistara isn't actually available even though it was showing as available on the website. I then asked them to check alternate flights which all had Vistara in the India-Frankfurt leg. They all showed as available on the website but I was again told that there is no inventory for any of them due to non availability of seats in the Vistara leg.

I asked them to book any possible airline on August 31 or September 1 to Amsterdam or Brussels or Stockholm or Copenhagen. Again the same response. Mostly because almost all flights from India to these locations has a Vistara leg in them.

My miles are stuck with United now and I don't think I will be able to redeem them for my Europe trip. I don't understand why more than 10 options that I saw as available on their website actually don't have any availability.
Any updates on this. One way probably to avoid phantom spaces like these is probably to create an account with expertflyer (it gives 5-day full access trial - you can do this many times over but everytime you'll need a valid email - the temp ones on many sites don't work).

You have to check the same seats and class that United is showing. If they exist, then United cannot deny the inventory.

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert

Hahaha. Vistara Phantom Spaces. Seen a lot of them.

Never trust Partner Award Seat availability without verifying it thru another partner.

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Any updates on this. One way probably to avoid phantom spaces like these is probably to create an account with expertflyer (it gives 5-day full access trial - you can do this many times over but everytime you'll need a valid email - the temp ones on many sites don't work).

You have to check the same seats and class that United is showing. If they exist, then United cannot deny the inventory.
Can expert flyer alert tell me if there is a premium economy voucher seat available on Delhi - Bengaluru leg for air vistara?

venkateshr

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can expert flyer alert tell me if there is a premium economy voucher seat available on Delhi - Bengaluru leg for air vistara?
I have done int'l searches. Earlier when I had the Axis-Vistara card for the premium voucher redemptions, the availability check was pretty poor on the website with long wait times. I used to directly call their CC and they used to help me out. You can possibly try the same by calling the CC to check for award seat for Prem Eco for domestic travel.

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Hey,

The same thing happened to me, too. The inventory was showing on the website yet in actuality it was not available. I have already put a complaint to the United customer care for the same. I would recommend everyone to only wire the points once they confirm them by calling on their customer care over a call.

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So guys an update on how to use United Airlines for booking tickets.

Make sure in the billing address you mention the complete address of the US. You can mention your Indian Mobile Number but the BILLING address has to be from the US.

I used one card to make the payment and the whole thing went through smoothly. Because one is entering a billing address from the US. Visa didn't even request an OTP and payment just went through.

So in case anyone faces any Difficulty with the United airline booking. You can connect with me or go through this thread.

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So guys an update on how to use United Airlines for booking tickets.

Make sure in the billing address you mention the complete address of the US. You can mention your Indian Mobile Number but the BILLING address has to be from the US.

I used one card to make the payment and the whole thing went through smoothly. Because one is entering a billing address from the US. Visa didn't even request an OTP and payment just went through.

So in case anyone faces any Difficulty with the United airline booking. You can connect with me or go through this thread.
is this not a hackable risk. This wat anyone can use our card details and without otp book tickets

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
is this not a hackable risk. This wat anyone can use our card details and without otp book tickets
Lots of international transactions go without OTP, but Stripe and Paddle require OTP. Worldpay, on the other hand, doesn't require OTP. That is why it is recommended to turn off international transactions while not in use.

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This has always been the case when one is using an Indian card internationally without OTP.

I am not aware of stripe and paddle and how they work.