• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

help needed for United Airlines

Krishna1905

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys,

When I try to make a reservation with United Airlines using miles, the transaction has consistently failed.

I'm paying taxes with an Indian credit card, and my credit card has international transactions enabled.

the taxes are USD 39.99 but i am receiving OTP for INR 39.99 and its getting failed,

I'm not sure why, so if anyone has any knowledge, please assist me.

i changed to INR but still the transaction has failing.

1676303996611.png

Last edited:

Krishna1905

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys,

When I try to make a reservation with United Airlines using miles, the transaction has consistently failed.

I'm paying taxes with an Indian credit card, and my credit card has international transactions enabled.

the taxes are USD 39.99 but i am receiving OTP for INR 39.99 and its getting failed,

1676303996611.png
any help much appreciated?

CP24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Try changing the country to USA or give an USA address with USA zipcode. This may help.

Krishna1905

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
same thing happening with me, did you got any solution?
Call customer service and ask them to book using Indian credit cards. They will also eliminate the booking cost, which is typically $25 for each reservation made through customer care. In addition, some of the people here advised that it works if we change our address to the United States.

I tried both, changing my address and US credit card. Apparently, when I called customer care, she mentioned that even though the website shows there is a flight available, she cannot book, given the airline was domestic.

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have done the booking using US card last month and it worked. It was an international flight though.

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys,

1676303996611.png

Even I am facing the same issue. Did anyone find any solution to this?

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Then try calling Customer Care as suggested already
Hey, I appreciate your help here. But, The only thing I didn't have is a US credit card. Otherwise, rest was sorted. I called their customer care also and they were saying that the inventory wasn't updated and the reward tickets are showing online but in reality are not available.

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I used my friend's card and his address.
That's great. I don't have a friend in the US who would share his CC details. I can manage to get an address only. But, I am assuming paying through Indian credit card wouldn't be an issue. If any one has booked their flight using Indian CC and been successful, kindly share your experience.