• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Tired and frustrated with United. Please help!

cks

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have seen availability for a couple of economy tickets to Amsterdam through United and then transferred my miles to Axis.

The transaction wasn't going through and when I called them, they tried booking from their end too but then told that there is no inventory. The first leg to Frankfurt was through Vistara and then through Lufthansa to Amsterdam. I was told that Vistara isn't actually available even though it was showing as available on the website. I then asked them to check alternate flights which all had Vistara in the India-Frankfurt leg. They all showed as available on the website but I was again told that there is no inventory for any of them due to non availability of seats in the Vistara leg.

I asked them to book any possible airline on August 31 or September 1 to Amsterdam or Brussels or Stockholm or Copenhagen. Again the same response. Mostly because almost all flights from India to these locations has a Vistara leg in them.

My miles are stuck with United now and I don't think I will be able to redeem them for my Europe trip. I don't understand why more than 10 options that I saw as available on their website actually don't have any availability.
Were you able to resolve this? In facing same issue. In app and website it shows as available. But while finally booking, United is saying no inventory.

Any third party site where we can check for actual availability?