• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unable to book the award tickets through United airlines

Parky

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
The total taxes showing 67 dollars to be paid, but after giving my credit card details. It is asking me 67 Rupees, and then i get the error saying TRY AGAIN, tried changing the Rupeed to US dollars but no luck there too. Anyone wants to advice how to book ideally?

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
The total taxes showing 67 dollars to be paid, but after giving my credit card details. It is asking me 67 Rupees, and then i get the error saying TRY AGAIN, tried changing the Rupeed to US dollars but no luck there too. Anyone wants to advice how to book ideally?
Your billing address might be the culprit. If that doesn't work, just give united a call, and they will book it for you. They will also waive your phone booking fee

Parky

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
But that shouldn’t be a wrong? It means we can’t book tickets with having indian billing address

bombayduckling

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Just put any Us address as billing, ideally it works as Indian cards do not use address to authenticate transactions
Thanks a lot for this tip, man! You saved my life. I was going crazy trying to make an award booking on United. I could enter my Reserve card details but after entering the OTP, I kept getting an error message and asking me to try again later. Finally, after using 3 different cards without any luck, i happened to see this post, entered my US cousin's contact details and, voila, Success!

Kenu73

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks a lot for this tip, man! You saved my life. I was going crazy trying to make an award booking on United. I could enter my Reserve card details but after entering the OTP, I kept getting an error message and asking me to try again later. Finally, after using 3 different cards without any luck, i happened to see this post, entered my US cousin's contact details and, voila, Success!
Welcome! I am from payments industry and know the system in and out ☺️

Kenu73

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
But that shouldn’t be a wrong? It means we can’t book tickets with having indian billing address
Nothing is right or wrong, many us based gateways would have address as the transaction identifier/Authorization factor. Indian cards do not have that and hence when you are putting an Indian address transaction is getting declined. Just use any USA address you would be fine

chbhk619

TF Select
VIP Lounge
What are all the details have to be from US from these, Billing address, Mailing address (In account profile), Contact info (phone no)? @Kenu73 @bombayduckling