• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

This incident made me question the eligibility for different credit cards....

tiny

TF Premier
Ok so one of my friends elder brother is posted as District magistrate(IAS) in DELHI. I was at my friends home and this elder brother was also there, we were talking about CCs and all. To my surprise my friends elder brother had no idea about CIBIL and has no credit card. So he started asking me about it and I told him whatever I knew and I told him HDFC INFINIA is the best CC. He called his PA that contacted some other HDFC official and his card (INFINIA)got approved in 2-4 days. I don't know the limit but I feel stupid now for maintaining balance in the account for pre approved offers 😭😭😭😭

EDIT: Now he is asking what other cards he can/should apply 🥺

Last edited:

Gautham

TF Premier
H
Ok so one of my friends elder brother is posted as District magistrate(IAS) in DELHI. I was at my friends home and this elder brother was also there, we were talking about CCs and all. To my surprise my friends elder brother had no idea about CIBIL and has no credit card. So he started asking me about it and I told him whatever I knew and I told him HDFC INFINIA is the best CC. He called his PA that contacted some other HDFC official and his card (INFINIA)got approved in 2-4 days. I don't know the limit but I feel stupid now for maintaining balance in the account for pre approved offers 😭😭😭😭
He must be a HNI??!!

Pramtesh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Instead of maintaining balance. You should have tried for becoming IAS. 😁

Pramtesh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Jokes apart. But top officials can get cards approved very easy. As almost No verification is done.

Ad.Astra

TF Premier
Banks do not follow eligibility criteria strictly. They can issue Card at their discretion, based on person's overall profile.

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod

EDIT: Now he is asking what other cards he can/should apply 🥺
It's because of his position. His duties are typically much more valuable than the people maintaining such NRV for Infinia/ having such high Income (~37L). That position can get him that card. That's not even an exception. I know a person (having VVIP/celebrity status) have Reserve card with 36L limit and spends 900 Rs - 1500 Rs a month, doesn't use netbanking. Uses cheques to pay off credit card bills.

When you're worthy, you won't have any need to maintain that NRV/mail to the highest escalation to prove your worth (I'm not there as well, but I aspire to be). Be so worthy that Banks will come after you not the vice versa.

tiny

TF Premier
It's because of his position. His duties are typically much more valuable than the people maintaining such NRV for Infinia/ having such high Income (~37L). That position can get him that card. That's not even an exception. I know a person (having VVIP/celebrity status) have Reserve card with 36L limit and spends 900 Rs - 1500 Rs a month, doesn't use netbanking. Uses cheques to pay off credit card bills.

When you're worthy, you won't have any need to maintain that NRV/mail to the highest escalation to prove your worth (I'm not there as well, but I aspire to be). Be so worthy that Banks will come after you not the vice versa.

Can't agreed more...
BTW he got some SBI CC life time free.... but sbi is also has his Salary Account