• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Question about Airtel axis

czar

TF Buzz
I'll try to apply Airtel axis through Airtel app, but the thing is my phone number is not on my name but on my mom's,
The thing is back in 2019 I tried applying for Airtel payments Bank but the agent rejected it saying your kyc documents don't match with what you provided, so I'm just curious will it be same when I apply for credit card too will it check the kyc for number? If yes then should I port to Airtel again to get it on my name (as this is the solution I found to make the sim on our name)

Also as many said it is approved through vkyc is it true too?

Ekavya

TF Premier
I don't think they will cross-verify the Sim owner and the credit card applicant. Many people got axis ace credit card with different phone number (friend or Family who had the ace offer on gpay). And later changed the number.

And If your Credit score is good or you have previous relationship with axis they will provide it just on the basis of Vkyc. I have multiple cards but never submitted any income documents or they never came for a field verification.

czar

TF Buzz
I don't think they will cross-verify the Sim owner and the credit card applicant. Many people got axis ace credit card with different phone number (friend or Family who had the ace offer on gpay). And later changed the number.
Well I specifically asked for anyone having Airtel sim and applying from Airtel app itself, I'm not sure for the ones who had different sim as they can't verify sims from other operators I guess?

And If your Credit score is good or you have previous relationship with axis they will provide it just on the basis of Vkyc. I have multiple cards but never submitted any income documents or they never came for a field verification.
I have Flipkart axis which I got on the basis of vkyc only, will it help for the relationship criteria?