• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Tata Neu + Big basket bug/scam. 2x amount deducted for an order

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
One bug/scam happened with me on ordering via Tata neu app.
I had money in my BB wallet but I still chose to pay from my Tata Neu Card and neu coins via Tata Pay in Tata neu app.
After order placed, I made payment from my credit card and later I saw same amount is deducted from my BB wallet balance as well.
This happened with my 3 Bigbasket orders in last 10 days. For 1 order of Rs. 1300, only 42 rs were present in BB wallet so it deducted 42 rs and that amount is gone.
As there is no notification when money is debited from BB wallet, I got to know about it on placing my recent order when I saw my BB wallet balance became zero for some reason. This was working fine when I placed orders via neu coins in decemeber.

Kindly check you if guys have faced similar issue. I lost my 1000 bucks because of this :(

I think this is bug from bigbasket side. So please do let me know any priority redressal email of Bigbasket if you know any.

prc1990

TF Ace
One bug/scam happened with me on ordering via Tata neu app.
I had money in my BB wallet but I still chose to pay from my Tata Neu Card and neu coins via Tata Pay in Tata neu app.
After order placed, I made payment from my credit card and later I saw same amount is deducted from my BB wallet balance as well.
This happened with my 3 Bigbasket orders in last 10 days. For 1 order of Rs. 1300, only 42 rs were present in BB wallet so it deducted 42 rs and that amount is gone.
As there is no notification when money is debited from BB wallet, I got to know about it on placing my recent order when I saw my BB wallet balance became zero for some reason. This was working fine when I placed orders via neu coins in decemeber.

Kindly check you if guys have faced similar issue. I lost my 1000 bucks because of this :(

I think this is bug from bigbasket side. So please do let me know any priority redressal email of Bigbasket if you know any.
If you were charged twice for the same order, kindly check with BB customer care. They will refund it for sure.

You meant for an order worth X, you were charged twice i.e. 2X? Amount X each from BB wallet and card?

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You meant for an order worth X, you were charged twice i.e. 2X? Amount X each from BB wallet and card?
Yes. Raised the request. Waiting for resolution.
I thought this might have happened with others as well so shared as we don't generally pay attention to money getting debited from bb wallet.

akshayhs

TF Ace
I have been ordering monthly from BB for some time now (6 years to be fair). But even after the integration of Tata Neu and Neucoins I haven't faced this. Better to call them in the morning and figure it out immediately rather than waiting for a reply on your email.