• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

'TATA' brand trust is not what it was!

Dexter

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I ordered an Apple iPhone charger worth ₹1525 from TataCliq. But I received Lux soap. The packaging was intact. I complained to customer care, but they blamed me of false allegations (after so-called 'investigation').

The problem here is not the delivery of soap because it can happen in such a large supply-chain. The issue here is that they are passing the blame to the customer. For me it's just 1500 Rupees, but imagine if it were an expensive order.

Flipkart and Amazon at least take some responsibility in these scenarios. I never thought that Tata would give me such a shameful reply. I even argued how do you think I have time for this bullshit just for ₹1500.

I have complained on Twitter and, after that will file an official complaint at https://consumerhelpline.gov.in/

I also have knowledge that how these frauds are happening. The seller is not at fault. The people at delivery-hub (not the delivery boy exactly) are involved in this. They get the company packaging material somehow, then open the package, replace the item and repack it like it was never tampered. TataCliq should have at least shown some empathy towards their customer, insted of just passing the blame.

My motive for this post is to make you guys aware of the new brands emerging from Tata. Tata itself is a great company, and I have huge respect for them. But their new brands might not be regulated and monitored properly.

UPDATE: After I posted on Twitter, their social media team reached out to me instantly. After 5-6 days, I received my refund today. Although I got the refund but lost their trust. They should have resolved this in the first place.

1665136939022.jpeg

Last edited:

ltf4ever

TF Ace
tag and email all senior executives in Tata. from what i have learnt, the top management still prioritises user trust over revenue, and many wrongdoings are being done by their sales teams to complete targets. bringing this to their notice might help.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
every body knows not to order from TataCliq ......I think they already shut down there Online Electronic Business some months ago....they shifted to Croma! but just trust there offline presence .....on twitter and public forum like Desidime you will get tonnes of negative feedback on TataCliq
i didn't know this. thanks!

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
I ordered an Apple iPhone charger worth ₹1525 from TataCliq. But I received Lux soap. The packaging was intact. I complained to customer care, but they blamed me of false allegations (after so-called 'investigation').

The problem here is not the delivery of soap because it can happen in such a large supply-chain. The issue here is that they are passing the blame to the customer. For me it's just 1500 Rupees, but imagine if it were an expensive order.

Flipkart and Amazon at least take some responsibility in these scenarios. I never thought that Tata would give me such a shameful reply. I even argued how do you think I have time for this bullshit just for ₹1500.

I have complained on Twitter and, after that will file an official complaint at https://consumerhelpline.gov.in/

I also have knowledge that how these frauds are happening. The seller is not at fault. The people at delivery-hub (not the delivery boy exactly) are involved in this. They get the company packaging material somehow, then open the package, replace the item and repack it like it was never tampered. TataCliq should have at least shown some empathy towards their customer, insted of just passing the blame.

My motive for this post is to make you guys aware of the new brands emerging from Tata. Tata itself is a great company, and I have huge respect for them. But their new brands might not be regulated and monitored properly.

1665136939022.jpeg
This happens mostly because FK & Amazon have their own delivery services. Tatacliq rely on third party delivery company where they can't argue much. So simply put a blame on customer. Its ridiculous. Better buy electronics from FK & Amazon.

Dexter

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This happens mostly because FK & Amazon have their own delivery services. Tatacliq rely on third party delivery company where they can't argue much. So simply put a blame on customer. Its ridiculous. Better buy electronics from FK & Amazon.
Even FK and Amazon use 3rd party delivery services for remote orders. But they do take some responsibility.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Not too long ago, FK and amazon used to have this as a major problem too, especially FK. Problem was same, delivery hub people were stealing items and selling it to shops or in personal contacts.

They cracked down on it, I'm not entirely sure what system they implemented to counter this but now this happens much much less. Even if the wrong item is delivered its never a case of blatant package swapping, its mostly package slipping into wrong local hub.

TataClick probably hasn't had enough market presence to encounter this on mass scale, and probably some low level team member tried to wash his/hers hand of the problem by blaming you.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
I personally am not a big fan of Tata's services.
  • Their apps are working on age old technology. Very sluggish interface.
  • Their bigbasket always deliver products after the mentioned slot time (unlike Amazon Fresh & Flipkart Quick).
  • Their 1MG doesn't provide free doctor consultation when the prescription seems old (unlike Netmeds & Pharmeasy).
  • Their Vistara crew have another level attitude (unlike IndiGo).
  • And now their Tata Cliq doesn't take the responsibility of wrongdoings.
Even FK and Amazon use 3rd party delivery services for remote orders. But they do take some responsibility.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Not too long ago, FK and amazon used to have this as a major problem too, especially FK. Problem was same, delivery hub people were stealing items and selling it to shops or in personal contacts.

They cracked down on it, I'm not entirely sure what system they implemented to counter this but now this happens much much less. Even if the wrong item is delivered its never a case of blatant package swapping, its mostly package slipping into wrong local hub.

TataClick probably hasn't had enough market presence to encounter this on mass scale, and probably some low level team member tried to wash his/hers hand of the problem by blaming you.
I think they have implemented 2 things:

1st is open-box delivery where the delivery guy has to open the box in front of customer while delivering.
2nd is the QR scanning and weight tracking in each if their hubs.
Maybe CCTV for proofs as well.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
I think they have implemented 2 things:

1st is open-box delivery where the delivery guy has to open the box in front of customer while delivering.
2nd is the QR scanning and weight tracking in each if their hubs.
Maybe CCTV for proofs as well.
Probably yes, I had ordered laptop from FK on 19th sep in offer, it was open box delivery. I checked everything after starting laptop and then only gave OTP.

But this was done only for laptop, later I ordered different products (Like vacuum cleaner) and there was no such a thing, I think this is dependent on product.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Probably yes, I had ordered laptop from FK on 19th sep in offer, it was open box delivery. I checked everything after starting laptop and then only gave OTP.

But this was done only for laptop, later I ordered different products (Like vacuum cleaner) and there was no such a thing, I think this is dependent on product.
Yeah it is only for electronics like mobile phones, laptops, headphones etc. Nothing more than that.

anotheruser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Ordering electronics from tata cliq is a very big mistake.
I ordered a philips juicer, was facing issues since day 1, they asked me to first connect to philips customer care, ask them to visit home and then get in written that machine should be replaced/returned.
Even after that, they were reluctant and then I had to connect them to philips support that came to my house.
They both started to get into fights about procedure and something with philips person saying you tata cliq always do this. If customer is not satisfied, take it back. Eventually I was told by tata cliq that we'll take the return and will complaint against the philips service centre.
I was missing amazon support badly that day.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Ordering electronics from tata cliq is a very big mistake.
I ordered a philips juicer, was facing issues since day 1, they asked me to first connect to philips customer care, ask them to visit home and then get in written that machine should be replaced/returned.
Even after that, they were reluctant and then I had to connect them to philips support that came to my house.
They both started to get into fights about procedure and something with philips person saying you tata cliq always do this. If customer is not satisfied, take it back. Eventually I was told by tata cliq that we'll take the return and will complaint against the philips service centre.
I was missing amazon support badly that day.
Amazon customer support is just of another level. They are being called customer centric company for a reason. Even Flipkart is doing good after Walmart acquisition.
It feels bad when Indian companies can but don't provide good services.

anotheruser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It's understood that they want to minimize returns and prevent the fraud cases, but whole process being a pain for even genuine cases doesn't make sense.
I still laugh about the fact when Philips folks said you should have bought from flipkart/amazon , tata cliq causes a lot of trouble.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
even clothing item , recently ordered a shirt from myntra and it had stain i asked for return and i didn't mentioned it had stain it wad denied during pickup and after several complain they keep on denied saying it checked during their so-called check that product didn;t had any stain, i would have kept the product happily cause it was on amazing price just wanted a size bigger so yeah unboxing on each item you receive other than cred cause their service support is good enough

anotheruser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Cred is also getting worse day by day.
I have an open complaint sinxe 2 months now.
They gave a voucher with some tnc, I tried to use it but it did jot work. i took a screenshot of tnc and shared to cred. After 1 month of saying , we are looking, these people changed the tnc itself and told me that this is the tnc.
I had screenshot of original one and told them how can they change tnc.
Again they are saying looking into it since a month.
The biggest concern is how the hell can they tnc later.
So, you just cant trust anyone now a days.

anotheruser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Another incident that happened with myntra was guy picked up return, forgot to put in the system.
After I week I wondered about refund, it was still shown pending pickup, reached out to myntra they took a ticket and then after 1-2 days told me we haven't received your product, cant do anything.
My society is gated, so by chance had that guys no. On "my gate" app and then eventually I got refund after I reached out to him and then he told his senior and then they told yes, we have picked.
Lesson: Always lookout for returns within short duration.

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

1665136939022.jpeg
Thanks for your post. I always trusted tatacliq blindly and have ordered apparels and electronics from them. Will avoid them at all costs now.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Cred is also getting worse day by day.
I have an open complaint sinxe 2 months now.
They gave a voucher with some tnc, I tried to use it but it did jot work. i took a screenshot of tnc and shared to cred. After 1 month of saying , we are looking, these people changed the tnc itself and told me that this is the tnc.
I had screenshot of original one and told them how can they change tnc.
Again they are saying looking into it since a month.
The biggest concern is how the hell can they tnc later.
So, you just cant trust anyone now a days.
Lol yes. I have an open complaint with CRED since so many days and they aren't even addressing it. It is open since then. No response.

Same with Airtel. Lodged complaint that my internet stop working every 15-20 mins and I have to on n off airplane mode to make it work everytime. They simply closes that complaint w/o even asking me abt the issue.

Looks like companies don't care about customers anymore. Coz our regulations are not that strict as European nations.