• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What is the cooldown period between 2 banks CC after one is rejected

TechVin

TF Buzz
Hi, My mom got an invite for Axis Ace CC, I applied through her GPay account. She is a govt. salaried employee still got rejected within a few minutes without mentioning the reason. I want to get her a BoB or SBI Rupay CC with add-on that can be separately linked to UPI (she will be sharing it with my sibling).

How many days I should wait before applying for other bank CC?

Gaara

TF Ace
How many days I should wait before applying for other bank CC?
The cooling-down period does not apply uniformly across different banks; it is independent for each bank.

If your application is rejected by Axis, your cooling-down period for Axis is 6 months, but that has nothing to do with your other bank application.

You can apply to other banks.

TechVin

TF Buzz
@Gaara I'm worried about effect on CIBIL score. As far as I know banks make a hard enquiry of the CIBIL score while processing the application.
Moreover, my mom never had any loan or CC in her name. Hence, there is no CIBIL score yet on for her. How does it affect in this matter ?

TechVin

TF Buzz
Do not worry about Hard enquiry it is okey to have up to 2 to 3 a month. But recommended less the better.
Thank you @Gaara.. I'll try.. since it got rejected one without any reason, do you recommend approaching an agent in the bank for the next application (at BoB) or should I try online once ? What would you recommend?

Gaara

TF Ace
my mom never had any loan or CC in her name.
Bro, I recommend that you apply for a card directly from the bank in person. Online card approvals often rely heavily on the CIBIL score, and since there is no CIBIL history, it’s best to reach out to the banks directly. Start by checking with the bank where your mom has her salary account.

Gaara

TF Ace
The thing is her salary account is in SBI, and what I got to know from this forum is SBI hasn't enabled linking add-on card to UPI yet ☹️
Initially, you need to acquire a credit card to initiate the generation of your CIBIL score. Once your CIBIL score has been generated, obtaining other credit cards becomes more straightforward.

TechVin

TF Buzz
Initially, you need to acquire a credit card to initiate the generation of your CIBIL score. Once your CIBIL score has been generated, obtaining other credit cards becomes more straightforward.

Got it, will try to get one from her SBI branch then. Thanks