• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

'TATA' brand trust is not what it was!

Mogul

TF Buzz
every body knows not to order from TataCliq ......I think they already shut down there Online Electronic Business some months ago....they shifted to Croma! but just trust there offline presence .....on twitter and public forum like Desidime you will get tonnes of negative feedback on TataCliq
Everybody knows that unboxing video is a must for any online orders, irrespective of how established brand it is.

Dexter

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Everybody knows that unboxing video is a must for any online orders, irrespective of how established brand it is.
It is practically not possible to make an unboxing video of every single thing you order online. Now, almost we are relying on online orders for almost everything. I am getting 1-2 orders delivered daily, be it clothing, groceries, or any other product.

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Some may not be able to avoid TataCliq if they hold a Magnus, unless they take the overpriced ticket. Others can!
Even i started from few days since i got 10K from magnus and monthly DCB vouchers will be extra cautious here after

Vishnu

TF Select
Sorry to know about this. Hope you get a refund soon.
I only used to order from Amazon. But recently there was a product which was only available on Flipkart and I ordered it. However Flipkart's SOP surprised me, they had this open box delivery where they opened the box in front of me, clicked pictures of the box, product and its accessories from all angles. I think every e-commerce company should adopt the same procedures for electronics and other high value items. To be honest my trust in Flipkart increased, also in electronics they give better offer than that of Amazon especially if you have Axis bank credit card.

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I only used to order from Amazon. But recently there was a product which was only available on Flipkart and I ordered it. However Flipkart's SOP surprised me, they had this open box delivery where they opened the box in front of me, clicked pictures of the box, product and its accessories from all angles. I think every e-commerce company should adopt the same procedures for electronics and other high value items. To be honest my trust in Flipkart increased, also in electronics they give better offer than that of Amazon especially if you have Axis bank credit card.
Well no, amazon's catalogue for electronics is less than Flopkart so that's why they have better offers on electronics.

akshayhs

TF Ace
Must be region-specific due to the high number of suspicious activity involved given the order amount and the item involved. They don't do that here for any packages. But then again, I don't think anyone in my area have experienced any such unethical activities for as long as I can remember and I know my neighbors well.

Edit: I am not sure if the customer must explicitly ask for the same to be done with the delivery partner.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Must be region-specific due to the high number of suspicious activity involved given the order amount and the item involved. They don't do that here for any packages. But then again, I don't think anyone in my area have experienced any such unethical activities for as long as I can remember and I know my neighbors well.

Edit: I am not sure if the customer must explicitly ask for the same to be done with the delivery partner.
This is available for certain items only, when you order it they make you aware that "This item is eligible for open box delivery", and when it appears, you can not change it, that's going to be a open box delivery.

If that option doesn't appear automatically you will have normal delivery.

Vishnu

TF Select
This is available for certain items only, when you order it they make you aware that "This item is eligible for open box delivery", and when it appears, you can not change it, that's going to be a open box delivery.

If that option doesn't appear automatically you will have normal delivery.
Yeah thats how it is.

Dexter

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
UPDATE: After I posted on Twitter, their social media team reached out to me instantly. After 5-6 days, I received my refund today. Although, I got the refund, but lost their trust. They should have resolved this in the first place.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
UPDATE: After I posted on Twitter, their social media team reached out to me instantly. After 5-6 days, I received my refund today. Although, I got the refund, but lost their trust. They should have resolved this in the first place.
Brands only care about their reputation in public. Same happened with me when Amazon wasn't supporting me to recover my hacked account but when I started commenting in each of their FB post, they resolved it.

Bigde

TF Ace
TF Family
The simplest way to overcome this problem is to offer Open box delivery to the customer, Flipkart and Amazon has simply overcome the menace of goods being replaced/stolen from the packages by offering the open box delivery. This approach has certainly made logistics/delivery team realise that their neck is on the line, and if something goes wrong during the open box delivery, they would be the first one to face the burnt of their company. This has certainly prevented a lot of mischief happening at the warehouse.

Last year when I was planning to buy a high end laser printer, I had option to buy it from Flipkart, Amazon and Tata Cliq. Tata Cliq was quoting the lowest prices and Flipkart was next quoting 2,000 more than the price quoted by Tata CliQ. It was really tempting to go with Tata Cliq but when I saw their reviews on Mothshut, I immediately changed my decision as a lot folks complained about their logistics partners and broken good delivered to them. Also, refunds were either denied or took ages to reach to the customer. After reading these harrowing experiences, I decided to stick to Flipkart and went ahead to buy the product despite paying the high price.

Off late I also observed the change in attitude of the Amazon customer care folks, they are no where as courteous as they used to be 3-4 years back. Adding to this Amazon's this year's Diwali sale is nothing to talk home about.

For discount hungry customers Flipkart is the only saving and reliable grace for now.

ishit.patel

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I purchased a mixer grinder from croma. It was dispatched from Hyderabad, reached the courier center nearest to my address and the order was marked out for delivery. To my surprise, Croma requested the order to be RTO, despite the order being prepaid. I tried calling their customer care, but the line is always busy and they don't reply to mails. It was a very strange experience. I am sure this would be an exception but not planning to use croma for sometime.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
I purchased a mixer grinder from croma. It was dispatched from Hyderabad, reached the courier center nearest to my address and the order was marked out for delivery. To my surprise, Croma requested the order to be RTO, despite the order being prepaid. I tried calling their customer care, but the line is always busy and they don't reply to mails. It was a very strange experience. I am sure this would be an exception but not planning to use croma for sometime.
You ordered in store or online?

Just curious, I think generally in store experience is much better.

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
I also had a sour experience with TATAcliq. They sent a faulty smartwatch, when asked for replacement, they told me to get it checked in the nearest Croma store. Nearest croma store for me was 210km away. Tatacliq then said to contact with croma customer care as seller was croma. They also suggested the same, after many escalation, they got the product picked up. But I don't know who got the pickup done. I had to provide the pickup receipt to both Croma and Tatacliq and wait for the product to reach their warehouse to be able to process a refund.
Now the most disturbing part, TATA cliq denied to refund the shipping charges and ₹200 cliq cash (not promo code), that was credited by them in a promotional event. So 249 less refunded. Since Tatacliq has policy of not refunding delivery charge and promotional credit.
After that I pledged not to shop from Tatacliq/Croma again.

Last edited:

deep@vie

TF Legend
I ordered an Apple iPhone charger worth ₹1525 from TataCliq. But I received Lux soap. The packaging was intact. I complained to customer care, but they blamed me of false allegations (after so-called 'investigation').

The problem here is not the delivery of soap because it can happen in such a large supply-chain. The issue here is that they are passing the blame to the customer. For me it's just 1500 Rupees, but imagine if it were an expensive order.

Flipkart and Amazon at least take some responsibility in these scenarios. I never thought that Tata would give me such a shameful reply. I even argued how do you think I have time for this bullshit just for ₹1500.

I have complained on Twitter and, after that will file an official complaint at https://consumerhelpline.gov.in/

I also have knowledge that how these frauds are happening. The seller is not at fault. The people at delivery-hub (not the delivery boy exactly) are involved in this. They get the company packaging material somehow, then open the package, replace the item and repack it like it was never tampered. TataCliq should have at least shown some empathy towards their customer, insted of just passing the blame.

My motive for this post is to make you guys aware of the new brands emerging from Tata. Tata itself is a great company, and I have huge respect for them. But their new brands might not be regulated and monitored properly.

UPDATE: After I posted on Twitter, their social media team reached out to me instantly. After 5-6 days, I received my refund today. Although I got the refund but lost their trust. They should have resolved this in the first place.

1665136939022.jpeg
shameless cc

deep@vie

TF Legend
every body knows not to order from TataCliq ......I think they already shut down there Online Electronic Business some months ago....they shifted to Croma! but just trust there offline presence .....on twitter and public forum like Desidime you will get tonnes of negative feedback on TataCliq
thanks

dishank_24

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I ordered an Apple iPhone charger worth ₹1525 from TataCliq. But I received Lux soap. The packaging was intact. I complained to customer care, but they blamed me of false allegations (after so-called 'investigation').

The problem here is not the delivery of soap because it can happen in such a large supply-chain. The issue here is that they are passing the blame to the customer. For me it's just 1500 Rupees, but imagine if it were an expensive order.

Flipkart and Amazon at least take some responsibility in these scenarios. I never thought that Tata would give me such a shameful reply. I even argued how do you think I have time for this bullshit just for ₹1500.

I have complained on Twitter and, after that will file an official complaint at https://consumerhelpline.gov.in/

I also have knowledge that how these frauds are happening. The seller is not at fault. The people at delivery-hub (not the delivery boy exactly) are involved in this. They get the company packaging material somehow, then open the package, replace the item and repack it like it was never tampered. TataCliq should have at least shown some empathy towards their customer, insted of just passing the blame.

My motive for this post is to make you guys aware of the new brands emerging from Tata. Tata itself is a great company, and I have huge respect for them. But their new brands might not be regulated and monitored properly.

UPDATE: After I posted on Twitter, their social media team reached out to me instantly. After 5-6 days, I received my refund today. Although I got the refund but lost their trust. They should have resolved this in the first place.

1665136939022.jpeg
Did not know this about Tata Cliq. Have been using Tata Cliq Luxury for a while, never had a complaint. But now I will be more careful and hope they did not send me any counterfeit stuff.