• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Suggestions to utilize Reward Points accumulated before 5:2 devaluation (1Lac Points+)

lucknowrox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

As the thread title suggests I have accumulated around 1 Lac + points in the ER portal and expecting to receive the monthly bonus for April by July end. Now the inherent reaction looking at the upcoming devaluation is to immediately convert the points to a suitable Miles/Hotel FFP.

I was looking at first converting to ITC green points (75K points to 60K GP's) since that provides me the flexibility to further transfer it to Mariott Bonvoy points. Beyond I will have around 60-70K points leftover which I am confused about what to do. I was looking at the Accor conversions as well but somehow I'm unable to get a hang of their program and where to utilize the points.

I guess many of the fellow members must be facing a similar dilemma therefore any suggestions will be more than welcome.

Thanks

Last edited:

sanju8486

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Are they charging 5k on top of 16K CVs, many times even direct flights come below 10K from Mumbai
Vistara won't I guess ... Anyways, it doesn't matter for me.. I have just shared my experience and I also believe it's not cost effective.. however since I had to pay tax if I had redeemed in cashback(reward points).. so I opted this method as there is no tax on reward points redemption and earning however if it's redeemed in cashback, I had to pay 30% tax as per my tax slab...

Dragon_slayer

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Vistara won't I guess ... Anyways, it doesn't matter for me.. I have just shared my experience and I also believe it's not cost effective.. however since I had to pay tax if I had redeemed in cashback(reward points).. so I opted this method as there is no tax on reward points redemption and earning however if it's redeemed in cashback, I had to pay 30% tax as per my tax slab...
While this was not the best redemption, the good thing is that you booked a flight for March and not for August. It's unbearably hot in Dubai this time.

sanju8486

TF Select
VIP Lounge
While this was not the best redemption, the good thing is that you booked a flight for March and not for August. It's unbearably hot in Dubai this time.
Sir vistara has same redemption value for a particular sector, the only difference is availability..

I had no idea about other transfer miles program.. vistara seems easier.. so did that..

CardSeeker

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Have Around 2.25 Lakh Edge Rewards

I have a plan to visit Ooty, shimla, goa Or some northern or southern tourist places in India

Have a plan to visit bangkok Or bali

What's the best way to redeem the points?

game.ruler

TF Buzz
Hi everyone,

I am new to miles redemption, this would be my first time.
I have approx 1.5 lacs edge rewards (equivalent to 1.2 lacs partner points), and I am planning to visit "Andaman and Nicobar Islands" in Oct/Nov 2023 with my family.

Hotel requirements would be:
  • 3 rooms for 5-6 days of stay.
  • Acceptance of GST number (as I want to apply my company's GST number to all hotel and travel invoices).

Hotels:
  1. I have been hearing a lot about Accor but when I tried to search for any hotels, it did not return any results. Is this website correct for such searches?
    - Is Accor only for international hotels and not domestic?

2. Next option seemed like ITC which is currently providing 10% extra green points, but I am not sure of it's upper limit. I have asked them to share T&C of the offer.

- I found this hotel in Port Blair which is costing around 10k green points per room.
    So the cost of stay for 3 rooms for 6 days will be:
    = 9000*3*6 = ~160000 (1.6 lac green points)

Flights:
I search flights on MakeMyTrip and the tickets for one side is coming around 15k per person for AirAisa and Vistara.
Some question which I have for transferring miles to them are:
  1. Which one is better among AirAisa and Vistara for domestic bookings in terms of value?
I think I would be needing approx 13000*6*2 = ~16000 (1.6 lac AirAsia/Vistara points) for 6 people round trip.

Sum up:
It seems that I can only pay for either hotels or flights with the 1.5 lacs edge points (converted to 1.2 lacs partner points and approx 30k cash).
Could you guys please help me with finalizing this plan so it's more value for money?
Also please suggest if I am missing something here as it's my first time of miles transfer/redemption.

Thank you.

game.ruler

TF Buzz
So to give an update for how I redeemed my points:-
1. I transferred all my points to club ITC as there is an offer going on for additional 10% points on transfer of min 20k axis edge points.
2. I can transfer 15k points at 2:3 ratio to Marriott Bonvoy so will transfer few points this Q as I have a travel next month. Rest I can either use at club ITC or again transfer to Marriott Bonvoy.
3. For the points accumulated on DCB, I'll do a comparison if I'm getting better value for my points on hotel through Accor or in flights through smartbuy and will redeem according.

Thanks to all the members for your insight on my doubt.

Also can someone suggest me some good loopholes to accumulate extra reward points? I see that rent payments won't fetch any reward points on DCB. So any other way that can help me will be nice.
Is there any upper limit on the ITC 10% extra green points offer?
And were these extra 10% points credited along with the actual edge rewards converted points?

kkk

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

I am new to miles redemption, this would be my first time.
I have approx 1.5 lacs edge rewards (equivalent to 1.2 lacs partner points), and I am planning to visit "Andaman and Nicobar Islands" in Oct/Nov 2023 with my family.

Hotel requirements would be:
  • 3 rooms for 5-6 days of stay.
  • Acceptance of GST number (as I want to apply my company's GST number to all hotel and travel invoices).

Hotels:
  1. I have been hearing a lot about Accor but when I tried to search for any hotels, it did not return any results. Is this website correct for such searches?
    - Is Accor only for international hotels and not domestic?

2. Next option seemed like ITC which is currently providing 10% extra green points, but I am not sure of it's upper limit. I have asked them to share T&C of the offer.

- I found this hotel in Port Blair which is costing around 10k green points per room.
    So the cost of stay for 3 rooms for 6 days will be:
    = 9000*3*6 = ~160000 (1.6 lac green points)

Flights:
I search flights on MakeMyTrip and the tickets for one side is coming around 15k per person for AirAisa and Vistara.
Some question which I have for transferring miles to them are:
  1. Which one is better among AirAisa and Vistara for domestic bookings in terms of value?
I think I would be needing approx 13000*6*2 = ~16000 (1.6 lac AirAsia/Vistara points) for 6 people round trip.

Sum up:
It seems that I can only pay for either hotels or flights with the 1.5 lacs edge points (converted to 1.2 lacs partner points and approx 30k cash).
Could you guys please help me with finalizing this plan so it's more value for money?
Also please suggest if I am missing something here as it's my first time of miles transfer/redemption.

Thank you.
Accor hotels are more of business hotels. So you won't find accor hotels in places like Andaman (and Pondicherry as well).

game.ruler

TF Buzz
Accor hotels are more of business hotels. So you won't find accor hotels in places like Andaman (and Pondicherry as well).
Oh okay, understood. In that case ITC seems to be option for these places. Do you have any experience with AirAsia or Vistara for domestic booking and miles redemption?

If airlines have a good redemption process for domestic travel then I’ll transfer to them instead of hotels, and probably book 3-5k range hotels.

LJGIBBS

TF Ace
Can anyone confirm if Magnus would give reward points on utility transactions for August and would they be counted in milestone? If yes, within how many days the normal ER are credited. I got magnus on 31st July, and was hoping to complete my first and last milestone using utility payments and vouchers. I would redeem the normal ER before sep to get 5:4 and milestone would be redeemed at 5:2 later on

luku

TF Buzz
Can anyone confirm if Magnus would give reward points on utility transactions for August and would they be counted in milestone? If yes, within how many days the normal ER are credited. I got magnus on 31st July, and was hoping to complete my first and last milestone using utility payments and vouchers. I would redeem the normal ER before sep to get 5:4 and milestone would be redeemed at 5:2 later on
Monthly milestone benefits of 25,000 EDGE Reward Points on monthly spends of INR 1,00,000 will be discontinued from 1st September 2023. Spends done in August 2023 will be eligible for monthly milestone and 25,000 EDGE Reward Points for eligible customers will be posted within 90 days as per normal time frame

nikzcool

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have about 4l+ ER , I do not see any travel plans in the coming few months for me.
However can you guys suggest me where I can transfer these points so that I can make bookings for others.

Like example vistara allows 7 dependents to be added and can book tickets for them.

What would be the best places to transfer them

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
I have about 4l+ ER , I do not see any travel plans in the coming few months for me.
However can you guys suggest me where I can transfer these points so that I can make bookings for others.

Like example vistara allows 7 dependents to be added and can book tickets for them.

What would be the best places to transfer them
hotels is one good options
marriot,accor,itc
other flight partners like ethiad,qatar,krisflyer also allow to book for other people
and if you want there are people in this forum who are read to buy points from others