Axis Magnus Suggestions to utilize Reward Points accumulated before 5:2 devaluation (1Lac Points+)

lucknowrox

Hi everyone,

As the thread title suggests I have accumulated around 1 Lac + points in the ER portal and expecting to receive the monthly bonus for April by July end. Now the inherent reaction looking at the upcoming devaluation is to immediately convert the points to a suitable Miles/Hotel FFP.

I was looking at first converting to ITC green points (75K points to 60K GP's) since that provides me the flexibility to further transfer it to Mariott Bonvoy points. Beyond I will have around 60-70K points leftover which I am confused about what to do. I was looking at the Accor conversions as well but somehow I'm unable to get a hang of their program and where to utilize the points.

I guess many of the fellow members must be facing a similar dilemma therefore any suggestions will be more than welcome.

nikzcool

hotels is one good options
marriot,accor,itc
other flight partners like ethiad,qatar,krisflyer also allow to book for other people
and if you want there are people in this forum who are read to buy points from others
Does accor , Marriott and itc allow booking for third party without me being a traveller?

For Flights I understand the destination should be pre planned as reward tickets availability is also something to look for.

Anyone interested to buy kindly dm, 4 lakh points up for sale, only bulk buyers please 😅 offering a good enough deal.😆

H
Does accor , Marriott and itc allow booking for third party without me being a traveller?

For Flights I understand the destination should be pre planned as reward tickets availability is also something to look for.

Anyone interested to buy kindly dm, 4 lakh points up for sale, only bulk buyers please 😅 offering a good enough deal.😆
otels won't be a problem if you notify them in advance

VibrantAnkur

It entirely depends on which region you or your dependants would like to travel. I wouldn't suggest transferring anything to Marriott as it won't give you a good value. Accor has reservation issues sometimes when the account holder isn't a party to the booking. But out of all the options, Accor gives the best value (validity of 1 year), so I would suggest you park half of it there. And, regarding miles, for domestic, Vistara is best (but again, you won't get much value out of it) and for international, either Krisflyer or United. Krisflyer has 3 years validity, whereas United miles doesn't expire.

My suggestion is Accor + United OR transfer everything to United (in case, you're not comfortable with 1 year validity provided by Accor). Selling ER is a bad choice, imo. You can extract a much higher value from airmiles rather than make revenue bookings in the near future.

game.ruler

It entirely depends on which region you or your dependants would like to travel. I wouldn't suggest transferring anything to Marriott as it won't give you a good value. Accor has reservation issues sometimes when the account holder isn't a party to the booking. But out of all the options, Accor gives the best value (validity of 1 year), so I would suggest you park half of it there. And, regarding miles, for domestic, Vistara is best (but again, you won't get much value out of it) and for international, either Krisflyer or United. Krisflyer has 3 years validity, whereas United miles doesn't expire.

My suggestion is Accor + United OR transfer everything to United (in case, you're not comfortable with 1 year validity provided by Accor). Selling ER is a bad choice, imo. You can extract a much higher value from airmiles rather than make revenue bookings in the near future.
Hi Ankur,
I am planning to transfer around 1.5 lac points to Vistara, could you please explain a bit more about why one can't get much value out of it as this is my first time transferring egde rewards?

My usage will be domestic hotel/travel and booking can be done a few months earlier too. If 1 RP can give close to 1 INR value for Vistara, then it'd be fine for me.

Shadow747

Hi Ankur,
I am planning to transfer around 1.5 lac points to Vistara, could you please explain a bit more about why one can't get much value out of it as this is my first time transferring egde rewards?

My usage will be domestic hotel/travel and booking can be done a few months earlier too. If 1 RP can give close to 1 INR value for Vistara, then it'd be fine for me.
don't transfer to Vistara before looking the routes you will be travelling and if the redemption seats are available on that sector ? As too many Vistara co brand credit cards generating points to get same seats. If you looking at hotel redemption too, transfer to accor

VibrantAnkur

Hi Ankur,

Hi!
You might experience the following issues with Vistara:
1. Seat availability - Too many cards offer CV points. More customers, less seats.
2. CV Points requirement - On some routes, you may be required to shell out 4k miles to get a revenue booking of Rs 2500-3000. So, the value won't be 1:1.

I'd suggest you transfer all of it to Accor. Accor Hotel rates are cheaper in India compared to overseas, so you'll get more than Rs1.8/ER value comparatively. Although the validity of Accor Points is 1 year, there are multiple ways to extend it. With the ongoing offers on Accor Plus membership and 25% off on bookings made prior to 12th August, it makes a lot more sense to transfer to Accor.

game.ruler

Hi!
You might experience the following issues with Vistara:
1. Seat availability - Too many cards offer CV points. More customers, less seats.
2. CV Points requirement - On some routes, you may be required to shell out 4k miles to get a revenue booking of Rs 2500-3000. So, the value won't be 1:1.

I'd suggest you transfer all of it to Accor. Accor Hotel rates are cheaper in India compared to overseas, so you'll get more than Rs1.8/ER value comparatively. Although the validity of Accor Points is 1 year, there are multiple ways to extend it. With the ongoing offers on Accor Plus membership and 25% off on bookings made prior to 12th August, it makes a lot more sense to transfer to Accor.
Thank you so much for the insights, it's really helpful.
I too read about the seat availability issues with Vistara which is a bummer.

Accor:
Sorry to be asking one more thing, I just searched for hotels in Delhi, and below hotel is showing 5224/- for members.

It seems I would need approx 2985 Accor points (1 Accor point equals 1.75 INR) and approx 3600 ER points (at 5:4 ratio) for this hotel, are my calculations correct?
My calculation is based on the below topic: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/accor-points-redemption-calculations-answered.14076/

Vistara:
I am planning to visit Andaman with family of 6 members. I thought to give the calculations a try.
For testing for 10th Oct, MMT is showing 15331/- for Vistara.
On AirVistara website, it's showing 15331/- for "Book Flights" option and 7500 CV points + 474/- for "Redeem Flights" option.
Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 12.48.12 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 12.45.42 PM.png
I understand that flight availability could be an issue for all 6 family members, but I just wanted to know if what I am understanding is correct or not.
Could you please check my attached screenshots of the "Book Flights and "Redeem Flights" results and see if I am not doing anything wrong here?
If it's correct then is also seems like a good redemption.

VibrantAnkur

Thank you so much for the insights, it's really helpful.
I too read about the seat availability issues with Vistara which is a bummer.

Accor:
Sorry to be asking one more thing, I just searched for hotels in Delhi, and below hotel is showing 5224/- for members.

It seems I would need approx 2985 Accor points (1 Accor point equals 1.75 INR) and approx 3600 ER points (at 5:4 ratio) for this hotel, are my calculations correct?
My calculation is based on the below topic: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/accor-points-redemption-calculations-answered.14076/

Vistara:
I am planning to visit Andaman with family of 6 members. I thought to give the calculations a try.
For testing for 10th Oct, MMT is showing 15331/- for Vistara.
On AirVistara website, it's showing 15331/- for "Book Flights" option and 7500 CV points + 474/- for "Redeem Flights" option.
Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 12.48.12 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 12.45.42 PM.png
I understand that flight availability could be an issue for all 6 family members, but I just wanted to know if what I am understanding is correct or not.
Could you please check my attached screenshots of the "Book Flights and "Redeem Flights" results and see if I am not doing anything wrong here?
If it's correct then is also seems like a good redemption.
You don't need to be sorry for asking a question. Feel free to ask anything. We all are here to discuss and help each other.

Regarding Accor, Hotels allow redemption (through app, call or at the property) in slots of 2k. Having said that, some hotels allow in 1k slots as well. You'll have to check with the hotel. For an amount of Rs 5,224, you'll need 2k points + other payment method. So, in total, you'd need to transfer 2500 ER to Accor. Choose Flex rate in case you want to modify your reservation at a later date.

Regarding Vistara, It looks like a good redemption to me. However, prior to transferring the required CV points, I'd suggest you call Vistara customer care and inquire about the number of award seats available on the flight and if you can book 6 tickets in one go. You can take the decision accordingly.

I'm still a beginner at redeeming award seats/hotel points redemption, so I'd suggest you take opinion from others as well.

game.ruler

You don't need to be sorry for asking a question. Feel free to ask anything. We all are here to discuss and help each other.

Regarding Accor, Hotels allow redemption (through app, call or at the property) in slots of 2k. Having said that, some hotels allow in 1k slots as well. You'll have to check with the hotel. For an amount of Rs 5,224, you'll need 2k points + other payment method. So, in total, you'd need to transfer 2500 ER to Accor. Choose Flex rate in case you want to modify your reservation at a later date.

Regarding Vistara, It looks like a good redemption to me. However, prior to transferring the required CV points, I'd suggest you call Vistara customer care and inquire about the number of award seats available on the flight and if you can book 6 tickets in one go. You can take the decision accordingly.

I'm still a beginner at redeeming award seats/hotel points redemption, so I'd suggest you take opinion from others as well.
Thank you so much, I think this clears all my doubts.
Currently the travel plan isn't final, so think I will split 1.5 lacs points in Accor and Vistara to be on the safer side, which can be used to book available award flights and hotels, and rest flights can be booked via MMT or such if needed.

One more question I had was regarding points validity and ER to partner transfer time.
- For Accor the validity is 1 year and before expiration transferring some points extend the validity. For Vistara it's 3 years, according to this source.
- And the transfer time for Accor seems to be a few days and for Vistara it's within 48 hours.
Are these details correct?

Thanks again for your help on this.

ajitshukla19

For Vistara i experienced group booking . Here are my impression -
Want to book vistara for 5 peoples but after checking every possible date in may 2023 I didn't found any date where all 5 seats can be booked . So I got maximum 4 award seats which I booked with 5000 points each . And then for 5th I had booked with cv points+ cash option . I have to use twice the points but all 5 peoples went together.
In few days I am also going to Andman in December. where also I booked 3 tickets successfully from Delhi .

For hotel I parked 50k in accor and 25k in ITC .

Want to find an airline for foreign flight . But didn't find anyone as useful as vistara. Because of their high miles requirement.
Anyone if experienced abroad flights please share your experience

VibrantAnkur

Thank you so much, I think this clears all my doubts.
Currently the travel plan isn't final, so think I will split 1.5 lacs points in Accor and Vistara to be on the safer side, which can be used to book available award flights and hotels, and rest flights can be booked via MMT or such if needed.

One more question I had was regarding points validity and ER to partner transfer time.
- For Accor the validity is 1 year and before expiration transferring some points extend the validity. For Vistara it's 3 years, according to this source.
- And the transfer time for Accor seems to be a few days and for Vistara it's within 48 hours.
Are these details correct?

Thanks again for your help on this.
It's correct.

You can extend the validity of Accor points by earning/transferring points within 1 year.

game.ruler

For Vistara i experienced group booking . Here are my impression -
Want to book vistara for 5 peoples but after checking every possible date in may 2023 I didn't found any date where all 5 seats can be booked . So I got maximum 4 award seats which I booked with 5000 points each . And then for 5th I had booked with cv points+ cash option . I have to use twice the points but all 5 peoples went together.
In few days I am also going to Andman in December. where also I booked 3 tickets successfully from Delhi .

For hotel I parked 50k in accor and 25k in ITC .

Want to find an airline for foreign flight . But didn't find anyone as useful as vistara. Because of their high miles requirement.
Anyone if experienced abroad flights please share your experience
Thank you for sharing this experience.
I am in a similar boat, and would be booking for 6 members in a few weeks.
For Andaman, I couldn't find any hotels on Accor, on ITC it's 10k approx.

chbhk619

In turkish airlines... It's not allowing me to book 2 award tickets for the 1st time... So I should only book my ticket initially? And book for others again if needed?

Can anyone who used turkish can please help me?

chbhk619

We wanted to visit Turkey, also i would like to vist 2nd country nearby turkey which is a good tourist country but no specific preference for 2nd country, any suggestions ?
this is for award tickets...

gabu

We wanted to visit Turkey, also i would like to vist 2nd country nearby turkey which is a good tourist country but no specific preference for 2nd country, any suggestions ?
this is for award tickets...
Greece is nearby if you can get Schnigen visa else stopover via dubai Or return via maldives can be other options.

xiddy

Guys, do award tickets don't come with checked in baggage? I see no bags with AirCanada. I have got 1.2L points and I travel often between India and Canada. I was thinking of going with AC or Turkish. Any advice?