• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Suggestions to utilize Reward Points accumulated before 5:2 devaluation (1Lac Points+)

lucknowrox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

As the thread title suggests I have accumulated around 1 Lac + points in the ER portal and expecting to receive the monthly bonus for April by July end. Now the inherent reaction looking at the upcoming devaluation is to immediately convert the points to a suitable Miles/Hotel FFP.

I was looking at first converting to ITC green points (75K points to 60K GP's) since that provides me the flexibility to further transfer it to Mariott Bonvoy points. Beyond I will have around 60-70K points leftover which I am confused about what to do. I was looking at the Accor conversions as well but somehow I'm unable to get a hang of their program and where to utilize the points.

I guess many of the fellow members must be facing a similar dilemma therefore any suggestions will be more than welcome.

Thanks

Last edited:

Shadow747

TF Buzz
Guys, do award tickets don't come with checked in baggage? I see no bags with AirCanada. I have got 1.2L points and I travel often between India and Canada. I was thinking of going with AC or Turkish. Any advice?
award tickets do include standard baggage allowance.

The standard class of ticket rules apply. Example in case of economy - we may have saver/cheapest fare bucket, standard or flex) so in this particular case, standard bucket rules apply of baggage.

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Guys, do award tickets don't come with checked in baggage? I see no bags with AirCanada. I have got 1.2L points and I travel often between India and Canada. I was thinking of going with AC or Turkish. Any advice?
Aeroplan for peace of mind. I got 2 check in baggage with premium economy redeemed on aeroplan.

amitalpha

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have around 45k points, what should be the best program to opt for (no travel plans) preference domestic hotels? So far looks like ITC should be a better option given their range of hotels and they are still running the 10% bonus offer ( thinking of transferring all) or should I transfer it to Accor?

This is the first time I would be transferring, so need help any suggestions would be great. For both, i should have a membership account created with them?

drsel

TF Legend
Mumbai to Dubai via Vistara is 16k points..however availablity need to be confirmed..
I have booked from Delhi to Dubai Via Mumbai for three persons @ 16k+5k totalling 21k*3 persons roundtrip at 1.26lacs CV points for March-24 last month..
That would value the vistara airmile at 50 paisa.
126000 miles instead of Rs.63000. What about the taxes?
If base fare for 3 return tickets is 48000, then paying 126000 miles to save Rs.48000 is too much

xiddy

TF Premier
Ended up transferring to AC and booking business class for 110K miles+169 CAD. AC from Toronto to Frankfurt, and then AI from Frankfurt to Delhi and then my hometown. Only the two flights from AI are in business though. AC is in economy.

Prateek26

TF Buzz
Any idea on below points:
How much time it takes to transfer from ITC to Vistara? And what is the conversion ratio?
Also how much time it takes to transfer from ITC to Marriott Bonvoy?

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Ended up transferring to AC and booking business class for 110K miles+169 CAD. AC from Toronto to Frankfurt, and then AI from Frankfurt to Delhi and then my hometown. Only the two flights from AI are in business though. AC is in economy.
Good luck, Air India Business Class is among the worst business class products, definitely not the best use case for redeeming points.

I got unlucky with Avianca, was booked on Asiana and due to flight changes got moved into Air India flight. Now contemplating to cancel it and trying elsewhere.

VibrantAnkur

TF Premier
I have around 45k points, what should be the best program to opt for (no travel plans) preference domestic hotels? So far looks like ITC should be a better option given their range of hotels and they are still running the 10% bonus offer ( thinking of transferring all) or should I transfer it to Accor?

This is the first time I would be transferring, so need help any suggestions would be great. For both, i should have a membership account created with them?
The best option would be ITC. And, yes you'll need to open an account and link it to Axis Traveledge portal. It gets linked within a few seconds. Then you can transfer the points. Make sure the Member Name in the account MUST match with the name on the credit card.

Hi guys,
Thanks for all the good advice being given here. Has anyone tried redeeming to JAL recently? I transferred 60k to JAL on 2nd August but its still pending. Have mailed CC but no response yet.
Secondly, if I redeem another 60k miles now at 5:4 but the points are credited only after Sept. 1, will I still get them at 5:4 or at 5:2?

Thanks

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Initiated the transfer of some 35k ER to Accor on the 18th (Friday) and it got credited to my ALL acc the next day. I’d suggest if anyone has ER remaining can try transferring right now.
Note- I have only one ID linked.

Hi guys,
Thanks for all the good advice being given here. Has anyone tried redeeming to JAL recently? I transferred 60k to JAL on 2nd August but its still pending. Have mailed CC but no response yet.
Secondly, if I redeem another 60k miles now at 5:4 but the points are credited only after Sept. 1, will I still get them at 5:4 or at 5:2?

Thanks
I had transferred on 4/8 - they got credited today with a transaction date on JAL showing as 5/8. I wonder why do they take so much time to update on the front end. Also initiated second transfer today with 5:4 conversion. So till 31st you can convert at old ratios irrespective of when they credit.

bhandchawla

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Yes you can transfer at old ratios irrespective of when they credit. Just make sure to do it by 29th because sometimes it might get canceled and you should have enough time to re initiate

alphapiper

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Seeking advice on redemption strategy for my situation.

- Currently have 80k ER points. + 30k for Aug spends are pending.
- Holding an Axis Burgundy account.
- Don't have any international travel plans for the next 2 years.
- Will probably plan a US/Europe trip post 2 years.
- Can avail a couple of staycations or local trips around Banglore for the next 1 year.
- Also have Marriott Bonvoy membership (via Diners Black annual benefit)

Is it advisable to redeem?
If so, what would be be the best redemption option?

nrjmittal

TF Buzz
Seeking advice on redemption strategy for my situation.

- Currently have 80k ER points. + 30k for Aug spends are pending.
- Holding an Axis Burgundy account.
- Don't have any international travel plans for the next 2 years.
- Will probably plan a US/Europe trip post 2 years.
- Can avail a couple of staycations or local trips around Banglore for the next 1 year.
- Also have Marriott Bonvoy membership (via Diners Black annual benefit)

Is it advisable to redeem?
If so, what would be be the best redemption option?
Go for United airlines. Miles don't expire. It's good for US and some partner airlines. Taxes are negligible and fully refunded in case of cancellations.