• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Suggestions to utilize Reward Points accumulated before 5:2 devaluation (1Lac Points+)

lucknowrox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

As the thread title suggests I have accumulated around 1 Lac + points in the ER portal and expecting to receive the monthly bonus for April by July end. Now the inherent reaction looking at the upcoming devaluation is to immediately convert the points to a suitable Miles/Hotel FFP.

I was looking at first converting to ITC green points (75K points to 60K GP's) since that provides me the flexibility to further transfer it to Mariott Bonvoy points. Beyond I will have around 60-70K points leftover which I am confused about what to do. I was looking at the Accor conversions as well but somehow I'm unable to get a hang of their program and where to utilize the points.

I guess many of the fellow members must be facing a similar dilemma therefore any suggestions will be more than welcome.

Thanks

Last edited:

yashvijay

TF Buzz
So to give an update for how I redeemed my points:-
1. I transferred all my points to club ITC as there is an offer going on for additional 10% points on transfer of min 20k axis edge points.
2. I can transfer 15k points at 2:3 ratio to Marriott Bonvoy so will transfer few points this Q as I have a travel next month. Rest I can either use at club ITC or again transfer to Marriott Bonvoy.
3. For the points accumulated on DCB, I'll do a comparison if I'm getting better value for my points on hotel through Accor or in flights through smartbuy and will redeem according.

Thanks to all the members for your insight on my doubt.

Also can someone suggest me some good loopholes to accumulate extra reward points? I see that rent payments won't fetch any reward points on DCB. So any other way that can help me will be nice.

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
customer care said seat not available though it was showing online.
You have to try multiple times. Most of the csr don't know how to book for partner airlines. Sometimes they even lie saying it's not available. I had to book 2 tickets but they said only one is available. I said that the previous csr said it's available and was about to book but the call got disconnected. Voila, they say it's available and mention the miles needed and taxes.

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You have to try multiple times. Most of the csr don't know how to book for partner airlines. Sometimes they even lie saying it's not available. I had to book 2 tickets but they said only one is available. I said that the previous csr said it's available and was about to book but the call got disconnected. Voila, they say it's available and mention the miles needed and taxes.
this was the error in last step showing online.

Attachments

• turkish-error.jpg
    turkish-error.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 30

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
converted 1.5lac pts to aeroplan as all my flights are canada related.

Was able to redeem a 1 week advance premium economy flight for 85k pts this was 1.6lac in cash value economy was 1.25lac.
I could redeem same miles for business class for 1 month advance booking but I needed exact same dates or even 40-50k pts for economy.
Still I was able to redeem each mile for approx ₹2 for something I anyway had to buy.
This made my magnus all worth it. Still have enough miles left for a return flight to canada if i plan in advance.

Last edited:

yashvijay

TF Buzz
Accor points are fixed value. 2000 accor points = 40 euro. So no holding points for big redemption as in case of other loyalty programs like Marriot, Hyatt, Hilton as these programs give points requirement based on various factors so there is opportunity for outsize redemption.

HDFC and Axis are partners of Accor so you have these points to transfer. You can get accor plus membership free with Axis Reserve or can buy by using accor points. Accor plus membership is not required to use points, so you are free to use as soon as to have 2000 points.
Hey, I wanted to confirm, can we not pay full value of the booking with points and we need to make part payment in cash?

naviworks

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Have 1 lac ER points
Also have 60k Amex points

planning for family holiday in Dubai sometime next year for 4 members

would like to hear members’ suggestions for best airline redemption

TIA

sanju8486

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Have 1 lac ER points
Also have 60k Amex points

planning for family holiday in Dubai sometime next year for 4 members

would like to hear members’ suggestions for best airline redemption

TIA
Mumbai to Dubai via Vistara is 16k points..however availablity need to be confirmed..
I have booked from Delhi to Dubai Via Mumbai for three persons @ 16k+5k totalling 21k*3 persons roundtrip at 1.26lacs CV points for March-24 last month..

SuperKnight

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Mumbai to Dubai via Vistara is 16k points..however availablity need to be confirmed..
I have booked from Delhi to Dubai Via Mumbai for three persons @ 16k+5k totalling 21k*3 persons roundtrip at 1.26lacs CV points for March-24 last month..
Are they charging 5k on top of 16K CVs, many times even direct flights come below 10K from Mumbai