• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Suggestions to utilize Reward Points accumulated before 5:2 devaluation (1Lac Points+)

lucknowrox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

As the thread title suggests I have accumulated around 1 Lac + points in the ER portal and expecting to receive the monthly bonus for April by July end. Now the inherent reaction looking at the upcoming devaluation is to immediately convert the points to a suitable Miles/Hotel FFP.

I was looking at first converting to ITC green points (75K points to 60K GP's) since that provides me the flexibility to further transfer it to Mariott Bonvoy points. Beyond I will have around 60-70K points leftover which I am confused about what to do. I was looking at the Accor conversions as well but somehow I'm unable to get a hang of their program and where to utilize the points.

I guess many of the fellow members must be facing a similar dilemma therefore any suggestions will be more than welcome.

Thanks

Last edited:

DrTS

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Anyone here who had a successful transfer of points to Turkish miles&smiles in past week or so ?? Mine got failed and I dont know if I should repeat it !!

Anyone here who had a successful transfer of points to Turkish miles&smiles in past week or so ?? Mine got failed and I dont know if I should repeat it !!
Faced the same issue. Checked with the customer care and they mentioned it was an issue for TA conversions on traveledge end which is fixed now. Still wouldn't suggest to go with TA since the conversion could fail again after end of month

kameshjain

TF Neo
Hi guys,
Thanks for all the good advice being given here. Has anyone tried redeeming to JAL recently? I transferred 60k to JAL on 2nd August but its still pending. Have mailed CC but no response yet.
Secondly, if I redeem another 60k miles now at 5:4 but the points are credited only after Sept. 1, will I still get them at 5:4 or at 5:2?

Thanks
Hi What are miles required for normal ticket from Delhi to Tokyo from JAL? Thanks

CCUser_1999

TF Premier
I am thinking to wait and transfer later, and planning to open a burgundy account
I will suggest, take mixed approach. Move some of the points now (pref 50% or more, depending on how many points you have) and transfer remaining later.

Also would have suggested to open Burgundy before the devaluation to ensure that there is no issue later but I guess its bit late for now. Anyway I don't expect any issue but still better safe.

SarPanch

TF Buzz
Mumbai to Dubai via Vistara is 16k points..however availablity need to be confirmed..
I have booked from Delhi to Dubai Via Mumbai for three persons @ 16k+5k totalling 21k*3 persons roundtrip at 1.26lacs CV points for March-24 last month..
How much tax did you pay apart from the 1.26 Lac CV Points

duedares

TF Buzz
I hope no one sells their ER cheaply. There are plenty ways to redeem them and extract a minimum of 0.60 - 0.80p even by making the worst choices. I do not mind helping people get the best value out of ER till the 5:4 ratio exists.
Could you please suggest?
I have around 3.5L ER and 1.5L Magnus Points