• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Suggestions for HDFC Infinia Reward Points Redemption

lucknowrox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

I'm looking towards the redemption of my HDFC Infinia Reward Points (1 Lac +) but unable to come to reasonable conclusion as to which is the best option to go ahead with. Based on my understanding the 1:1 options include travel on HDFC smartbuy, Tanishq Vouchers, Apple Redemptions (Though all at MRP). Another catch is to pay 70% by points and rest through card rule.

2nd option is to transfer it to miles but only with 1:1 partners like Accor, etc.

Any suggestions will be more than welcome.

Thanks

SMGROW

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

I'm looking towards the redemption of my HDFC Infinia Reward Points (1 Lac +) but unable to come to reasonable conclusion as to which is the best option to go ahead with. Based on my understanding the 1:1 options include travel on HDFC smartbuy, Tanishq Vouchers, Apple Redemptions (Though all at MRP). Another catch is to pay 70% by points and rest through card rule.

2nd option is to transfer it to miles but only with 1:1 partners like Accor, etc.

Thanks
IMO the best option for Infinia Reward Points is flight redemptions through smartbuy. In the past around Diwali timeframe HDFC also offered to convert Infinia reward points to Amazon Pay at 70 paise per point.

burugu

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

Thanks
If you are willing to sell your infina points I am ready to take at cost of 80paise each point

lucknowrox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
IMO the best option for Infinia Reward Points is flight redemptions through smartbuy. In the past around Diwali timeframe HDFC also offered to convert Infinia reward points to Amazon Pay at 70 paise per point.
Does that actually give a 1:1 ratio since at other websites there are anyways a lot of CC/Bank discounts doing rounds effectively making the SmartBuy slightly more expensive. Same with Apple. Kindly correct me if I'm wrong.

Somehow I'm leaning towards the Tanishq vouchers which I think would always be a 1:1 redemption whatever the time period. Since I'm not an expert on Miles conversion I would request other members to chime in regarding the same.

If you are willing to sell your infina points I am ready to take at cost of 80paise each point
Not planning to sell them currently but thanks.

burugu

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Does that actually give a 1:1 ratio since at other websites since there are anyways a lot of CC/Bank discounts doing rounds effectively making the SmartBuy slightly more expensive. Same with Apple. Kindly correct me if I'm wrong.

Somehow I'm leaning towards the Tanishq vouchers which I think would always be a 1:1 redemption whatever the time period. Since I'm not an expert on Miles conversion I would request other members to chime in.

Not planning to sell them currently but thanks.
Welcome .. if you change your plan you can ping me

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Does that actually give a 1:1 ratio since at other websites there are anyways a lot of CC/Bank discounts doing rounds effectively making the SmartBuy slightly more expensive. Same with Apple. Kindly correct me if I'm wrong.
Apple generally sells it at MRP in their websites. You can get it at 10% discount with most other seller channels such as Amazon, authorized resellers etc. But I have seen some bundle offers in Apple, where they give AirPods free or for a discount with a bigger purchase.

As you had mentioned, it is the same for Smartbuy as well. I include that markup when comparing card benefits for DCB/Inifina vs other cards, as well as during purchases.

Van_neuman

TF Buzz
Is Tanishq gv redemption still the best if we don't get 5X on remaining 30% payment?
To me it is the best , as we pay only 3k for 10k worth jewellery( remaining 7k with points)
Looks like they have revised the 5X on the 30% payment for tanisq vouchers ,no bonus points will get accumulated .

GShan

TF Select
VIP Lounge
To me it is the best , as we pay only 3k for 10k worth jewellery( remaining 7k with points)
Looks like they have revised the 5X on the 30% payment for tanisq vouchers ,no bonus points will get accumulated .
Two things not going in favor: 1. Tanishq jewelry is at least 10% more costly than other brands like Malabar, PC etc. 2. Earlier we used to get 500 points with 3k payment by card but now we get only 100 i.e. ~6% loss (400 per 7k points redemption)