• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Infinia reward points for renewal fee

awara

TF Select
So my friend had HDFC employees visit their office today along with other banks, for salary accounts. He enquired about Infinia and they said he'll get FYF and then with 2nd year's renewal fee he'll get 12500 RPs but from 3rd year onwards there won't be any RPs for renewal fee. I have a LTF Infinia so I don't know how RPs work for renewals but I thought you get RPs every year after paying renewal fee!?

Solution
Their rep says no RPs on renewal from 3rd year onwards. Not sure if this is how it is now for everyone or just for new cards.
No, things works as per card MITC & Benefits aggreement.

Even if it's 3rd or 4th year - you'll get renewal benefits i.e. RPs equivalent annual fees.

While pricing codes depends while applying or requesting bank to change later. They might do LTF / first year fees (one time only). But decision is on bank.

While as long as card doesn't devaluate, you'll be getting RPs of renewal without any word of agent.

Hope it answers your query, you can mark my answer as solution by clicking best answer ☑️ button below my reply.

awara

TF Select
Yes. Officially, The RPs are credited once you pay the renewal fee.
But seeing the current scenario, nothing can be said, new rules everyday, varying with each person.
Their rep says no RPs on renewal from 3rd year onwards. Not sure if this is how it is now for everyone or just for new cards.

D₹V

TF Prestige

Even if it's 3rd or 4th year - you'll get renewal benefits i.e. RPs equivalent annual fees.

While pricing codes depends while applying or requesting bank to change later. They might do LTF / first year fees (one time only). But decision is on bank.

While as long as card doesn't devaluate, you'll be getting RPs of renewal without any word of agent.

Hope it answers your query, you can mark my answer as solution by clicking best answer ☑️ button below my reply.

Solution

D₹V

TF Prestige

@ashwink do the needful 🤭

kesarkarshri

TF Buzz
Got the offer to upgrade (FYF) this week but even for 2nd year will not get reward points post card fee payment.

Earlier I have let go Indigo 6E and Regalia gold(FYF) upgrade offers. For Regalia gold(FYF), even customer care executive advised me not to upgrade as I have Regalia(LTF) and offer was for FYF with little to no difference in benefits .Not sure if 6E was an upgrade offer or downgrade one.

There are limited details available on the Infinia upgrade page including foot notes. So I called customer care to know nuances and after asking specific question on renewal benefits (She didn't seem aware about this term itself) and after explaining to her she was like such benefits were never there and it was all about points one earns through usage. This "modified" offer likely be just for my profile and fact that it is nearing financial year start and may be she responded that way just to depersonalize.If not, this could be next level of devaluation and/or to make room for Reserve if/when it comes.

Perhaps I should call again to make certain that it is not a case of misinformed executive.
Didn't know much about this card before the offer and I remember being somewhat afer Axis Ace few years back.

More importantly, not sure if it is upgrade or downgrade or as with most of the things it still depends.10L is a big number.

LordPSN

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Got the offer to upgrade (FYF) this week but even for 2nd year will not get reward points post card fee payment.

Earlier I have let go Indigo 6E and Regalia gold(FYF) upgrade offers. For Regalia gold(FYF), even customer care executive advised me not to upgrade as I have Regalia(LTF) and offer was for FYF with little to no difference in benefits .Not sure if 6E was an upgrade offer or downgrade one.

There are limited details available on the Infinia upgrade page including foot notes. So I called customer care to know nuances and after asking specific question on renewal benefits (She didn't seem aware about this term itself) and after explaining to her she was like such benefits were never there and it was all about points one earns through usage. This "modified" offer likely be just for my profile and fact that it is nearing financial year start and may be she responded that way just to depersonalize.If not, this could be next level of devaluation and/or to make room for Reserve if/when it comes.

Perhaps I should call again to make certain that it is not a case of misinformed executive.
Didn't know much about this card before the offer and I remember being somewhat afer Axis Ace few years back.

More importantly, not sure if it is upgrade or downgrade or as with most of the things it still depends.10L is a big number.
Hi what was your spending on your current card to get the FYF offer?