• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[Suggestion] HDFC Bank Preferred to Imperia Banking Upgrade - Grab/Pass ?

sahil1033

TF Premier
I've salary account in HDFC Bank, currently have Preferred banking status and by the end of November month, I'll be offered Imperia banking status since 2 other accounts from family members are in the same group and MAB will be Rs. 10L or more for the month of November 2023.

I was offered Imperia once more previously but I didn't take the upgrade.

So, my queries are :

- Should I take the upgrade even though I won't be able to maintain Rs. 10L MAB for the whole group (3 savings accounts) ?
- Do they downgrade from Imperia to Preferred/Classic banking programme if MAB criteria isn't met?
- If they downgrade, after what duration does the bank do this?

This is a momentary surge in parking huge amount in savings account, that's not the case otherwise and I really won't be able to maintain such large sum. I'm comfortable in keeping MAB between Rs. 1 - 2 lacs/lakhs, that's it. Till date haven't got any intimation of downgrading Preferred banking status, one of the reason could be that I always meet the MAB criteria at least. My motive behind taking the upgrade would be to get a locker FREE of cost as I'm already chasing the branch to provide locker whenever there's one available. Another benefit I would be looking at can be getting an invite for Infinia maybe, I mean, why not take the upgrade if and when offered. If they downgrade me back to Preferred banking, I will still be fine with it but I've heard that they don't downgrade for an year at least and in some cases people have said they downgrade at all.

Any other input/suggestion is most welcome.

sahil1033

TF Premier
Okay, so I'll wait for the auto invite only but the question is how long it will take?

I maintained Rs. 10L for the whole November 2023 and till date no intimation to upgrade. I had got the upgrade earlier as well but didn't take the upgrade as my then RM told me it will be downgraded and this and that, scared me and I didn't take the upgrade but I don't remember after how long the auto invite was triggered.

Okay, so I'll wait for the auto invite only but the question is how long it will take?

I maintained Rs. 10L for the whole November 2023 and till date no intimation to upgrade. I had got the upgrade earlier as well but didn't take the upgrade as my then RM told me it will be downgraded and this and that, scared me and I didn't take the upgrade but I don't remember after how long the auto invite was triggered.
Why are you so desperate for imperia? Do you need that free locker? I have seen people getting auto invite but after 6 months, but march is coming so maybe you will get it early. You should ask your RM to manually raise to imperia.

sahil1033

TF Premier
Why are you so desperate for imperia? Do you need that free locker? I have seen people getting auto invite but after 6 months, but march is coming so maybe you will get it early. You should ask your RM to manually raise to imperia.
I need a locker anyway and have even put up a request since a long time. Since I had upwards of Rs. 10L to be parked for a few months, I put it in HDFC Bank so that Imperia status will at least get me a locker for free (if I get it).

The fact that I need to take out money from that pool is the reason behind asking this in the forum.

Yes, will ask RM post 15th of this month, will give HDFC Bank a few more days before reaching out to RM.

I need a locker anyway and have even put up a request since a long time. Since I had upwards of Rs. 10L to be parked for a few months, I put it in HDFC Bank so that Imperia status will at least get me a locker for free (if I get it).

The fact that I need to take out money from that pool is the reason behind asking this in the forum.

Yes, will ask RM post 15th of this month, will give HDFC Bank a few more days before reaching out to RM.
Btw its 5 mins work for your Rm to upgrade you to imperia. When i told my rm for family banking he raised three members to preferred within 10 mins.

sahil1033

TF Premier
Btw its 5 mins work for your Rm to upgrade you to imperia. When i told my rm for family banking he raised three members to preferred within 10 mins.
My RM is hopeless and I did ask him about this and his response is "it's not in his hands, link for upgrade can't be initiated from branch".

HDFC Bank never fails to piss me off and I'm not amazed (as usual).

Aditya12

TF Premier
My RM is hopeless and I did ask him about this and his response is "it's not in his hands, link for upgrade can't be initiated from branch".
Not true. My virtual RM had initiated invite for preferred banking 2-3 months back and today for my dad as well.
By the way we both were maintaining required balance for years. My dad never got any automatic invite and I only got for classic few months back.

knight

TF Ace

HDFC Bank never fails to piss me off and I'm not amazed (as usual).
It's absolute BS. It's a 5 min job.
Reach out to your BM or write to Priority Redressal about it.

sahil1033

TF Premier
mail to priority redressal about this. You will get a call from your BM.
yes, will do that only now
Not true. My virtual RM had initiated invite for preferred banking 2-3 months back and today for my dad as well.
By the way we both were maintaining required balance for years. My dad never got any automatic invite and I only got for classic few months back.
I know it's not true, that's why I was waiting for auto-invite ... last time I got the auto-invite fairly earlier than this time but will have to knock doors of higher authorities to get the invite/upgrade

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
my observation is Classic and Preferred clients are handled by same RMs so for Classic to Preferred they can easily upgrade

but Imperia is handled by different RMs (with may be some Preferred clients)

so what @sahil1033 's RM said might be true

sahil1033

TF Premier
my observation is Classic and Preferred clients are handled by same RMs so for Classic to Preferred they can easily upgrade

but Imperia is handled by different RMs (with may be some Preferred clients)

so what @sahil1033 's RM said might be true
but saying things like :

- can't initiate upgrade from branch, it will be auto triggered from system
- bank tracks balance for a quarter before sending invite for upgrade to which I responded that if MAB required is Rs. 10L, why would bank wait for a quarter and then initiate invite? it's MAB and not QAB

responses like this are very very stupid ... even if he doesn't handle Imperia accounts, he can still look into the matter being my current RM, right? If there's a resistance from his end that he will lose a high value customer from his bucket, that's a separate thing altogether then but going by his duties, he should be able to perform a lot of things in my opinion ... RM should be a one stop solution instead of being a full stop which he is

Last edited:

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
but saying things like :

- can't initiate upgrade from branch, it will be auto triggered from system
- bank tracks balance for a quarter before sending invite for upgrade to which I responded that if MAB required is Rs. 10L, why would bank wait for a quarter and then initiate invite? it's MAB and not QAB

responses like this are very very stupid ... even if he doesn't handle Imperia accounts, he can still looking into the matter being my current RM, right? If there's a resistance from his end that he will lose a high value customer from his bucket, that's a separate thing altogether then but going by his duties, he should be able to perform a lot of things in my opinion ... RM should be a one stop solution instead of being a full stop which he is

Ye sab to RM ka nikkaampana hota hai

Iska shikar to mai bhi, maine to bohot sari complaints ki RM ke against me but kuch khas action nahi liya hdfc ne tabse maine hdfc se mu lagana hi chod diya 😁

Mere case me to branch ka client base kam to branch level pe RM hi nahi hai, Virtual RM assign hua hai nikkamma

kshitij_0

TF Ace
I have been upgraded to Imperia but I am not feeling happy. There is no difference as such. At least they should have given an upgraded DC with Visa Infinite and 1500 per month cashback limit.