• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Maximise Returns In HDFC Bank Preferred Banking?

BankExpertIndia

TF Premier
Dear Community Members

I Have Having HDFC Bank Preferred Banking Program For Me And My Family And We Are Maintaining 2L MAB At A Family Level. So I Want To Ask That Can I Leave 50K In Account And For The Rest Rs. 1.5L Can I Create A Linked FD/Auto-Sweep FD?

Experts Do Share Your Opinion On This?
@TechnoFino

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Dear Community Members

I Have Having HDFC Bank Preferred Banking Program For Me And My Family And We Are Maintaining 2L MAB At A Family Level. So I Want To Ask That Can I Leave 50K In Account And For The Rest Rs. 1.5L Can I Create A Linked FD/Auto-Sweep FD?

Experts Do Share Your Opinion On This?
@TechnoFino
The 2L criteria is for the amount present in Savings account itself.
For fd the criteria is different. IMG_20220531_125330.jpg

Souvik

TF Premier
With FD its 15L, but till the point they are not downgrading you or levying charges for non-maintenance you can have your way.

I hardly see a reason why you would like to be a part of Preferred with the monetary limitations of either 2L/15L, you may realize in the long run that it was simply just not worth you time. :)

Of late I do notice that IndusInd Exclusive account has better offers/benefits and our group members align to the fact that service in IndusInd is perhaps better than HDFC, Axis.

BankExpertIndia

TF Premier
With FD its 15L, but till the point they are not downgrading you or levying charges for non-maintenance you can have your way.

I hardly see a reason why you would like to be a part of Preferred with the monetary limitations of either 2L/15L, you may realize in the long run that it was simply just not worth you time. :)

Of late I do notice that IndusInd Exclusive account has better offers/benefits and our group members align to the fact that service in IndusInd is perhaps better than HDFC, Axis.
Just Waiting To Get CC Offer... One/Two Year Will Close It After Checking/Testing The Service.

The Amount Of 2L Acts Like A Emergency Fund...

Will Open IndusInd Exclusive By The End Of This Year

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

HDFC do downgrade accounts if mab not maintained.
Also talking about Indusind Bank no doubt it has great services, I myself have patner account with them but the problem is their network. Indusind I not yet well established.
Whereas we will find HDFC/ICICI everywhere but not Indusind 😢

BankExpertIndia

TF Premier
Also talking about Indusind Bank no doubt it has great services, I myself have patner account with them but the problem is their network. Indusind I not yet well established.
I Am Also Having Indus Partner Account... No Doubt IndusInd Is Also A Good Bank

Souvik

TF Premier
Absolutely agreed on the availability part.

Souvik

TF Premier
Just Waiting To Get CC Offer... One/Two Year Will Close It After Checking/Testing The Service.

The Amount Of 2L Acts Like A Emergency Fund...

Will Open IndusInd Exclusive By The End Of This Year
I think the need of the hour is to have a thread on this forum which would say 'Bank-wise details as to how to get Credit Card without Savings Account'

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You got the kit with two debit cards or one? And did you confirm the MAB for your account. BTW that offer is extended till 30th June, maybe will go upto next Vallentine! 🤷‍♂️😁
Actually I am single owner of account so got only one if I add the patner I will get the second card.

TF Ace
TF Family
I like the zero balance offer. I wanted to know is it actually good? Worth it?
Refer to this thread, all details have been shared already.