• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Steps for getting invite for RBL Zomato Edition CC

Initially I heard from a youtuber that I can request the bank for the card but even he was not sure about the approach.

Step 1: I posted a tweet tagging RBL bank and RBL care team that I am interested in their Zomato Edition Card. The bank replied that it is invite based card and wait for the invite to get the card.

Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.53.31 PM.png Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.54.37 PM.png

Step 2: I noticed a reply from Edition team, which I suppose is the official account by Zomato to DM them my registered phone and email address. Initially I ignored the reply since it was already deferred by the banking partner. But, then I thought of giving it a try and replied to Edition team with my details on DM.

Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.55.26 PM.png Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.56.39 PM.png

Step 3: Exactly after 4 days of providing my zomato account details the Edition team reverted back and asked me check my Zomato account after 24-48 hours for the invite. This morning when I checked my Zomato app, I saw the invite visible in Money tab.

Screenshot_2022-03-22-10-43-12-398_com.application.zomato.jpg . Screenshot_2022-03-22-10-43-39-970_com.application.zomato.jpg . Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.58.19 PM.png

Step 4: Just provided my PAN details in the Zomato app and within 2 minutes my Credit Limit was displayed. I completed my KYC with the bank and within 30 minutes received mail that my virtual card is active to use.

I have tried my best to jot down the steps and all the necessary things which I did to get the card. Please feel free to ask thing regarding the same. I will be more than happy to help.

Last edited:
Update: Seems like application got processed after all since the status on app is now "Finalising your card details. This might take a couple of hours".

Also, can anyone tell me how much does a Zomato pro user need to pay extra to get Pro plus membership???
@Abhi98 When I got invite for Pro Plus, I paid extra 300 rupees upon my Pro membership subscription fee to get Pro Plus.

Skid

TF Buzz
I had received Invitation on Zomato app after reaching to RBL Care twitter handle and then zomato support. But today when i applied for it from the app post selection of address it straight away showed me the rejection screen.

Zomato support saying location not serviceable. Anyone knows which location in Kolkata is serviceable ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-03-30-02-59-53-601_com.application.zomato.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-30-02-59-53-601_com.application.zomato.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_2022-03-30-02-59-43-325_com.application.zomato.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-30-02-59-43-325_com.application.zomato.jpg
    673 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_2022-03-30-02-59-39-566_com.application.zomato.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-30-02-59-39-566_com.application.zomato.jpg
    528.8 KB · Views: 32

nirsark

TF Premier
Anyone having Edition Classic and got invited to Zomato Pro Plus?

One of our FinTalks members shared this screenshot where he got Edition Classic, his pro membership extended for 6 years. Now, he is invited to Pro Plus and he has to shell out Rs1499 to get Pro Plus upgrade for just 1 year. Check this ss.

IMG_3693.JPG

WTF is this! If someone holding Edition CC has to pay Rs1499 again for Pro Plus then it is NOT good.

We all know Pro Plus gives free delivery and is now a big necessity. I have pro plus till November 2022 (I had pro till nov 2022, I paid around rs400 for just the pro plus upgrade in October 2020 for 13 months) and me and my friends order from that account for the same reason. If I didn't have Pro plus, the pro membership would go waste since not all restaurants are pro enabled, and those restaurant having pro, has a minimum order value of rs250-300, and again you have to pay delivery charges on pro... not at all worthy.

It seems like a promotional strategy + cc upselling for zomato to give edition classic + pro subscription to all for free and then offer a huge price of 1.5k for pro plus upgrade. Someone who orders from zomato on a regular basis, who needs the edition cc benefits, would surely end up paying that price. This is concerning!

If this is the case, and if Zomato charges me 1.5k every year for just a pro plus upgrade, I am not taking Edition Classic. I will wait for Edition Black as and when it launches.

Most likely Edition Black won't be a LTF. However, annual charges waiver at 2.5L spends is decent for 'above average' users. Lifelong Pro plus benefits, 10% cashback points, milestone bonus cashback points on 2L spends, and most importantly, paying cc bills with the cashback is a great deal even as a paid cc. I would happily prefer a paid cc as I can waive it off via spending. But that remains to be seen.

For now, I have applied for cancelation of my existing RBL POD cc, so I am anyways blacklisted till 100+ days (cooldown period). Hoping RBL launches the Zomato Black Cc by then. (I think the reason for not launching is that RBL and Zomato might have a tie up with mastercard, maybe visa is not giving them the same deal, so hoping for MC Ban to be lifted)

4 major difference b/w Zomato Classic and Black, take a note:

1. In Zomato Edition Classic, you get Zomato Pro subscription for as long as you hold the cc. In Zomato Edition Black, you get Pro Plus.
2. In Zomato Edition Classic, you get 5% Unlimited Cashback on Zomato. In Zomato Edition Black, you get 10%.
3. In Zomato Edition Classic, you get 1.5% cb on normal outside transactions. In Zomato Edition Black, you get 2%.
4. In Zomato Edition Classic, the cashback you earn you have to redeem by ordering food from zomato only. In zomato edition black, you can redeem it to pay your cc bills. That's a better savings, since it can be pitted against axis ace cc.

Thank you.

@Abhi98 you asked for this information. this might help you.

Last edited:

One of our FinTalks members shared this screenshot where he got Edition Classic, his pro membership extended for 6 years. Now, he is invited to Pro Plus and he has to shell out Rs1499 to get Pro Plus upgrade for just 1 year. Check this ss.

IMG_3693.JPG

WTF is this! If someone holding Edition CC has to pay Rs1499 again for Pro Plus then it is NOT good.

We all know Pro Plus gives free delivery and is now a big necessity. I have pro plus till November 2022 (I had pro till nov 2022, I paid around rs400 for just the pro plus upgrade in October 2020 for 13 months) and me and my friends order from that account for the same reason. If I didn't have Pro plus, the pro membership would go waste since not all restaurants are pro enabled, and those restaurant having pro, has a minimum order value of rs250-300, and again you have to pay delivery charges on pro... not at all worthy.

If this is the case, and if Zomato charges me 1.5k every year for just a pro plus upgrade, I am not taking Edition Classic. I will wait for Edition Black as and when it launches.

For now, I have applied for cancelation of my existing RBL POD cc, so I am anyways blacklisted till 100+ days (cooldown period). Hoping RBL launches the Zomato Black Cc by then. (I think the reason for not launching is that RBL and Zomato might have a tie up with mastercard, maybe visa is not giving them the same deal, so hoping for MC Ban to be lifted)

1. In Zomato Edition Classic, you get Zomato Pro subscription for as long as you hold the cc. In Zomato Edition Black, you get Pro Plus.
2. In Zomato Edition Classic, you get 5% Unlimited Cashback on Zomato. In Zomato Edition Black, you get 10%.
3. In Zomato Edition Classic, you get 1.5% cb on normal outside transactions. In Zomato Edition Black, you get 2%.
4. In Zomato Edition Classic, the cashback you earn you have to redeem by ordering food from zomato only. In zomato edition black, you can redeem it to pay your cc bills. That's a better savings, since it can be pitted against axis ace cc.

Thank you.

@nirsark What ₹1499 just to upgrade to Plus from Pro? That's not a smart move from Zomato for Edition Classic CC holder if that's the case. I think I got Pro subscription for ₹700 and later after few days I got invite for Plus and I had to pay additional ₹300 and I was upgraded to Pro Plus.

But, ₹1499 just to upgrade to Plus from Pro it's not worth in my opinion, unless someone is using Zomato extensively. Additional ₹300 would be a sweet spot or ₹500 would also be okay to pay in my opinion.

Last edited:

rcks750

TF Select

IMG_3693.JPG

Thank you.

but any chances for LTF Black Edition Card ? Will zomato offer LTF is a questioanble thing as I think they will evaluate this accordingly to response of applications received for the Edition card.

nirsark

TF Premier
@nirsark What ₹1499 just to upgrade to Plus from Pro? That's not a smart move from Zomato for Edition Classic CC holder if that's the case. I think I got Pro subscription for ₹700 and later after few days I got invite for Plus and I had to pay additional ₹300 additional and I was upgraded to Pro Plus.

But, ₹1499 just to upgrade to Plus from Pro it's not worth in my opinion, unless someone is using Zomato extensively. Additional ₹300 would be a sweet spot or ₹500 would also be okay to pay in my opinion.
Yes exactly. It seems like a promotional strategy + cc upselling for zomato to give edition classic + pro subscription to all for free and then offer a huge price of 1.5k for pro plus upgrade. Someone who orders from zomato on a regular basis, who needs the edition cc benefits, would surely end up paying that price. This is concerning!

nirsark

TF Premier
but any chances for LTF Black Edition Card ? Will zomato offer LTF is a questioanble thing as I think they will evaluate this accordingly to response of applications received for the Edition card.
Most likely Edition Black won't be a LTF. However, annual charges waiver at 2.5L spends is decent for 'above average' users. Lifelong Pro plus benefits, 10% cashback points, milestone bonus cashback points on 2L spends, and most importantly, paying cc bills with the cashback is a great deal even as a paid cc. I would happily prefer a paid cc.

@rcks750 In my opinion chances are less that Zomato could offer that as LTF. I think whoever hold Edition Classic may get upgrade option/offer later on from Zomato or RBL based on card spending/usage on Zomato and other criterias.

Most likely Edition Black won't be a LTF. However, annual charges waiver at 2.5L spends is decent for 'above average' users. Lifelong Pro plus benefits, 10% cashback points, milestone bonus cashback points on 2L spends, and most importantly, paying cc bills with the cashback is a great deal even as a paid cc. I would happily prefer a paid cc.
@nirsark Yeah, fee is worth it for the benefits Edition Black card offers even if it's not offered as LTF.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
If the Edition Classic is an LTF card, why does it say 500 membership fee on RBL website? Any idea?
It's similar to Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card, On Axis bank website it is lifetime free, while on Flipkart it is Rs500+GST, so depends on the platform. Anyways, RBL Zomato CC is invite only card, so giving its members LTF!!