• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Steps for getting invite for RBL Zomato Edition CC

Initially I heard from a youtuber that I can request the bank for the card but even he was not sure about the approach.

Step 1: I posted a tweet tagging RBL bank and RBL care team that I am interested in their Zomato Edition Card. The bank replied that it is invite based card and wait for the invite to get the card.

Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.53.31 PM.png Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.54.37 PM.png

Step 2: I noticed a reply from Edition team, which I suppose is the official account by Zomato to DM them my registered phone and email address. Initially I ignored the reply since it was already deferred by the banking partner. But, then I thought of giving it a try and replied to Edition team with my details on DM.

Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.55.26 PM.png Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.56.39 PM.png

Step 3: Exactly after 4 days of providing my zomato account details the Edition team reverted back and asked me check my Zomato account after 24-48 hours for the invite. This morning when I checked my Zomato app, I saw the invite visible in Money tab.

Screenshot_2022-03-22-10-43-12-398_com.application.zomato.jpg . Screenshot_2022-03-22-10-43-39-970_com.application.zomato.jpg . Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.58.19 PM.png

Step 4: Just provided my PAN details in the Zomato app and within 2 minutes my Credit Limit was displayed. I completed my KYC with the bank and within 30 minutes received mail that my virtual card is active to use.

I have tried my best to jot down the steps and all the necessary things which I did to get the card. Please feel free to ask thing regarding the same. I will be more than happy to help.

Last edited:

Indian

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
after my card approval and completed vkyc its adhaar data mismatch our partner bank review your application it takes 1-2 working days , i did completed my VKYC other than adhhar address, can anyone tell me what would happen.

Indian

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi I just completed in-person KYC for the card. Zomato app says "Aadhaar data did not match. Our partner bank is reviewing your application. This usually takes 1-2 working days".

Did anyone else experience this? What can I expect next?

FYI I updated my aadhaar info in January this year. Maybe this is due to that.
same happened for me but i completed VKYC.

Abhi98

TF Buzz
after my card approval and completed vkyc its adhaar data mismatch our partner bank review your application it takes 1-2 working days , i did completed my VKYC other than adhhar address, can anyone tell me what would happen.
Don't worry. My application got processed and even card also got generated same day.

nirsark

TF Premier
IMG_3716.jpg

UPDATE: I had confirmed my existing RBL POD CC cancelation on 29th March afternoon. Today morning got this SMS that my RBL CC has been blocked on the basis of my request for Card Cancelation.

I also got an email. Here's the text:

Dear Cardholder,

Greetings from RBL Bank!

This is with reference to your e-mail dated March 29, 2022 regarding your request for card cancellation.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard and delay in response.

We would like to inform you that as per our records there is no further amount payable by you on the same.

We regret that you are dissatisfied with our services and still desire to discontinue with the card. We would like to speak to you to better understand your grievance regarding the same and provide a resolution to you.

We are blocking your card for security reasons and will attempt to get in touch with you within April 07, 2022 to persuade you to reconsider your decision to close the credit card relationship.

We have as mentioned above blocked your RBL card number ending with XX52 and no further transaction will be allowed from the bank side.

However, once the card gets cancelled permanently request you to write us back for NOC or contact customer care for the same.

However, you can apply for the new card after 3 months by visiting our website www.rblbank.com

Assuring of our best services at all times.

Yours sincerely,
Shivani
Service Delivery-Credit Cards
RBL Bank, Apno Ka Bank

@TechnoFino @anirbanm I got the Invitation but after filling up the details,it got rejected showing 'we are unable to issue you a card'.

Please help me anyone.
What to do next?

I am having RBL PaisaOnDemand currently IMG-20220327-WA0000.jpg

@Akash25 I got an invite and I just entered PAN and DOB and straight away got this same screen.

Note: I have existing RBL Blockbuster CC. But, I am aware that whoever have existing RBL CC are getting rejected instantly, but I read few of the guys also got approved even while having existing RBL CC. So, I thought to try it out, but unfortunately instantly rejected.

Note 1: My current CIBIL score is 767, so I don't think this is the problem. So, the theory of who already have existing RBL CC are getting rejected instantly applies here (except in few cases).

Note 2: And I live in a metro city, so that is also not the case, I mean in application in further steps it will ask to select address, but here before that in starting step itself I got message 'we are unable to issue you a card."

I know this is done by bank, but I contacted Zomato support just to check it out and to get the reason, but they clearly said it's bank's decision and we don't have anything to do with it.

So, in a hope my next step would be to email RBL and request for a LTF upgrade to Zomato Edition Classic CC from my existing CC.

Last edited:
didn't applied... lots of people reported that their application is being rejected because they already have RBL card... so... decided to email RBL first 😂
Sir, what is the update on the issue? Did you get a favorable response? What is your advice to the existing RBL card users? The experiences shared by different users seem to be very divergent.

@TechnoFino

Last edited:

nirsark

TF Premier
UPDATE: RBL Zomato Edition Classic Credit Card is NO LONGER offered as a Lifetime Free Card. It is now Paid. (₹590 per year)

IMG_62C15C50BC21-1.jpeg

I got the invite few days back, but decided to wait until I cancel my existing RBL Paisa on Demand Credit Card. My card cancelation is processed.

However, it seems I won't be applying for RBL Zomato Edition Classic CC anymore. Good for those who could apply for the same earlier. Enjoy!

UPDATE: RBL Zomato Edition Classic Credit Card is NO LONGER offered as a Lifetime Free Card. It is now Paid. (₹590 per year)

IMG_62C15C50BC21-1.jpeg

I got the invite few days back, but decided to wait until I cancel my existing RBL Paisa on Demand Credit Card. My card cancelation is processed.

However, it seems I won't be applying for RBL Zomato Edition Classic CC anymore. Good for those who could apply for the same earlier. Enjoy!
@nirsark 😲

Yes, I do see same in Zomato app. That means that offer was only till March 31, 2022.

Update: Looks like it was April Fool play from Zomato because now it's showing LTF.

Last edited:

rcks750

TF Select
OMG

IMG_62C15C50BC21-1.jpeg

I applied yesterday & it got approved yesterday only. with 1.97L Limit. Saved by a day ..

rcks750

TF Select
Hello Folks,
My Edition Card was approved yesterday & I want change the Email Id for the RBL Bank (Not for Zomato).
Can anyone Tell me the process on how to proceed with that. I don't to change the email id in Zomato App as Zomato Spams alot
But I want to change the communication email id for the edition card which is managed by RBL.

Hello Folks,
My Edition Card was approved yesterday & I want change the Email Id for the RBL Bank (Not for Zomato).
Can anyone Tell me the process on how to proceed with that. I don't to change the email id in Zomato App as Zomato Spams alot
But I want to change the communication email id for the edition card which is managed by RBL.

@rcks750 You have to call RBL customer care on 02262327777 (you can verify this number from RBL official website).

IVR flow:

Slect language, then select existing RBL CC holder, then select CC account information and then select CC summary and then press 9 to speak to a representative.

Then just say you want to change email on your account, an OTP validation will be done through IVR for verification, once OTP validation is successful, you will be asked for an email which you want to update on your RBL CC account.

rcks750

TF Select
@rcks750 You have to call RBL customer care on 02262327777 (you can verify this number from RBL official website).

IVR flow:

Slect language, then select existing RBL CC holder, then select CC account information and then select CC summary and then press 9 to speak to a representative.

Then just say you want to change email on your account, an OTP validation will be done through IVR for verification, once OTP validation is successful, you will be asked for an email which you want to update on your RBL CC account.
Thanks bro

nirsark

TF Premier
UPDATE: RBL Zomato Edition Credit Card is again Lifetime Free. It seems Zomato is playing Hide-n-Seek.

IMG_3767.PNG

Anyways, feeling sad for those who applied earlier today. They seem to have become April Fools, that will haunt them forever!