• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

StanC Platinum Rewards Card approved after rejection

So I applied for StanC Platinum Rewards on 21 March and it got rejected immediately (Probably because I have multiple enquiries over the last quarter). I wrote an email asking for the reason of rejection and possibility of reconsideration.I received a call regarding my application on 23rd March from Standard Chartered and the lady took some more details, followed by ekyc and OTP verification and then asked me to complete the VKYC.

I completed the VKYC on 24th morning and recieved a reply to my mail few hours later (the standard reply stating that your application is rejected due to internal policies).

Now I was confused as on the one hand they were telling me my application was rejected but I also got the option of VKYC which was completed successfully. I waited a few days for any further information but got none.

So I mailed them again requesting for status update on my application on 28th.

The same evening I received the email stating my card was approved and the last 4 digits of the same.

Interesting I recieved a mail on 30th March (reply to mail on 28th) stating again that my application was rejected due to internal policies. This happened 2 days after I got approval email and a notification from bluedart that my card was out for delivery.

I faced something similar with HSBC.

Attachments

• image_picker3963882048583067400.png
    image_picker3963882048583067400.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 113
  • image_picker569390947778971465.png
    image_picker569390947778971465.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 109
  • image_picker6718865919762900518.png
    image_picker6718865919762900518.png
    83 KB · Views: 109

BUDHRAJ

TF Premier
Today I got a call from a Stan C employee asking for an OTP, post which he said I will get a VKYC link via mail but instead of that I got an email with my application attached. This bank clearly is incomprehensible.
thats normal for SC bank.

we fill application online, then call for info verification then they submit the application with the otp, then ekyc then vkyc then physcial verfication if needed then final decision..

unlike other banks where we fill the application and application processed, here in sc when we fill the application, we just filled a draft application form, final submission is done by sc people while confirmining info by us and then otp verification.

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
thats normal for SC bank.

we fill application online, then call for info verification then they submit the application with the otp, then ekyc then vkyc then physcial verfication if needed then final decision..

unlike other banks where we fill the application and application processed, here in sc when we fill the application, we just filled a draft application form, final submission is done by sc people while confirmining info by us and then otp verification.
But I didn't receive the VKYC link as told by the agent

BUDHRAJ

TF Premier
But I didn't receive the VKYC link as told by the agent
sometimes it may take some time to recieve vkyc link, maybe wait till next working day

also if you are existing customer of sc or applied previously and completed vkyc but card application rejected - then vkyc doesn't required most of the times..

so just wait, then after 3-4 working days, either mail them or ask on twitter about your application status

The same thing happened with us. I received a call for credit card on 29th July, in a few hours I completed all the steps including eKYC and Video KYC and then onwards nothing has happened.

No Mail, No ackowledgment/ phone call or even a rejection. Is this normal ?

Moreover, I cannot even check the application status anywhere.
Same thing happened with me also. It's been more than a month after completion of video kyc but they haven't responded about the application status.