• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Simpl pay later repayment via Rupay CC on UPI

NinjaHatori

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hey guys. I had recently done a txn using my Simpl pay later wallet. I was paying the bill generated for simpl pay yesterday and paid via UPI -> GPAY -> Rupay cc (selected by default so thought I'll try & see if it works) which worked and paid the bill. Lol, found it funny how I was able to pay one credit instrument with another for 0 charges. For context, the payment was below 2k and I think for below 2k Rupay on UPI doesn't have any MDR, right? If so, then could be possible that they allow for below 2k payment but might not so for payments above 2k.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Hey guys. I had recently done a txn using my Simpl pay later wallet. I was paying the bill generated for simpl pay yesterday and paid via UPI -> GPAY -> Rupay cc (selected by default so thought I'll try & see if it works) which worked and paid the bill. Lol, found it funny how I was able to pay one credit instrument with another for 0 charges. For context, the payment was below 2k and I think for below 2k Rupay on UPI doesn't have any MDR, right? If so, then could be possible that they allow for below 2k payment but might not so for payments above 2k.
Oky hatori bhay

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
It works even for above 2k payments

D₹V

TF Prestige
Aur Shinzo.. Kaise ho
shilpashinde-ok.gif

shivek

TF Select
Yes it has been working for quite a long time. But I have few observations (both iOS and Android):
1. It works only if GPAY is selected at SIMPL payment method selection. So it will automatically open GPAY and from there payment can be made with Rupay CC.
2. It works only once for the 1st payment after bill generation. I tried again to pay the unbilled amount but it got failed. However, again the 1st payment after bill generation worked and payment for unbilled amount failed.
3. If you try to make bill payment by manually entering GPAY UPI ID or any other app's UPI ID and then try to make payment it won't work.

gauravbhati

TF Premier
Yes it has been working for quite a long time. But I have few observations (both iOS and Android):
1. It works only if GPAY is selected at SIMPL payment method selection. So it will automatically open GPAY and from there payment can be made with Rupay CC.
2. It works only once for the 1st payment after bill generation. I tried again to pay the unbilled amount but it got failed. However, again the 1st payment after bill generation worked and payment for unbilled amount failed.
3. If you try to make bill payment by manually entering GPAY UPI ID or any other app's UPI ID and then try to make payment it won't work.

Yaa for me the bill for simpl is always under 2k. So anyone paid more than 2k from rupay cc?

shivek

TF Select
3rd point isn't true. I tried it personally. When redirecting method wasn't giving Rupay CC option, I tried by manually entering UPI ID method and got the Rupay CC option.
There can be different behavior based on various factors. That's why I mentioned as observation instead of fact.
I am not getting option of CC with manual method but get it for app redirection.