• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Simpl Pay Later Started levying charges on credit card repayments

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Simpl has started charging a convenience fee on credit card repayments.
This was the usp of this credit line which allowed customers to get additional 15 days of interest free credit and points on bill repayments

raghu.rokda

TF Ace
Ulta kam ho gaya. Just did calculation for you. September 2021 me first transaction tha mera. Tabse leke ab tak 14800 total use kiya hai. Last year December around I think 25k ho gayo thi limit. Aur ye April-July me koi transaction nahi kiya. August me 500 kiya tha last month. Aur is month 600 hua hai.
Bahut badiya

Kitne BNPL account use karte ho aap

neel

TF Buzz
No it charges you and it won't show up on simpl. But check the transactions tab in your card account. These guys didn't even warn me and i got charged 215 rupees.
The customer care was absolutely unhelpful when I told them how can you charge me without showing the fee breakup. I think this was day 1 of their charging. I paid on the 18th of June.
Cancelled my account with them the very next day. Good riddance
This was the exact problem. Hidden charges

neel

TF Buzz
No one ever paid CC bill through Simpl. Here we are talking about paying Simpl bill through CC. Earlier there were no charges for that.
They made their money on that last transaction. In the first few days of july, they were not showing the fee amount. When I finally paid I noticed a good 200 rupee fee in my statement. Took me by surprise. Called them out on this dark pattern and shut the account.

romilq

TF Ace
They made their money on that last transaction. In the first few days of july, they were not showing the fee amount. When I finally paid I noticed a good 200 rupee fee in my statement. Took me by surprise. Called them out on this dark pattern and shut the account.
What fee are you talking about ?