• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI sprint application firstname issue

RupayMan

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Guys, in SBI sprint site for new application,
The first name, middle name and Last name fields are ridiculously have restrictions with limited characters,

Firstname is just 12 characters, and last name is 16 characters.

How come one can enter their name without completing the entire characters?

As per SBI a person with 12 or below characters only can apply?

Am I Missing something?

20240102_175142.jpg

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Guys, in SBI sprint site for new application,
The first name, middle name and Last name fields are ridiculously have restrictions with limited characters,

Firstname is just 12 characters, and last name is 16 characters.

How come one can enter their name without completing the entire characters?

As per SBI a person with 12 or below characters only can apply?

Am I Missing something?

20240102_175142.jpg
May be developers have coded this program during the famous Lunchtime

Shoxie

TF Premier
Well, I've two credit cards with sbi and in both the cards I've this issue. One was applied offline via an agent and what they did is split is to split My name into first name and last name along with inital.

So even now there's a space in between my name. When I applied online through sprint, even I had to do the same. The auto kyc failed as pan name and the name that I entered did not match.

However, it'll ask you for kyc documents and then basis that it'll be manually verified and approved, but even when approving they won't change the name, meaning whatever you enter is what will be there finally I. E., with the 12 character limit. So the only option for you is to proceed this way.

Let me know if you find some other way for this

RupayMan

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Well, I've two credit cards with sbi and in both the cards I've this issue. One was applied offline via an agent and what they did is split is to split My name into first name and last name along with inital.

So even now there's a space in between my name. When I applied online through sprint, even I had to do the same. The auto kyc failed as pan name and the name that I entered did not match.

However, it'll ask you for kyc documents and then basis that it'll be manually verified and approved, but even when approving they won't change the name, meaning whatever you enter is what will be there finally I. E., with the 12 character limit. So the only option for you is to proceed this way.

Before coming to your answer, dude your handle name is so funny 🤣

Now, after all this struggle with online application, it's better to visit sbi branches for apply. Online is not worth the fight for just name itself. That's the biggest part of verification.

Shoxie

TF Premier
Before coming to your answer, dude your handle name is so funny 🤣

Now, after all this struggle with online application, it's better to visit sbi branches for apply. Online is not worth the fight for just name itself. That's the biggest part of verification.
Haaha, who's not a fan of supreme commander xD.

Well, even if you go to the branch, I'm not sure it'll work out. Name verification is actually not a major thing, because I really didn't do anything apart from uploading my kyc documents. If you want you can go ahead and apply as long as only the spaces are the problem.

amr

TF Buzz
I applied to a SBI card recently and my first name is 16 letters long. The sprint application didn't accept it. So I gave the characters until whatever is accepted. Then I got a call from SBI to fix a date for offline KYC. I asked them to change my first name and they did it

RupayMan

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Haaha, who's not a fan of supreme commander xD.

Well, even if you go to the branch, I'm not sure it'll work out. Name verification is actually not a major thing, because I really didn't do anything apart from uploading my kyc documents. If you want you can go ahead and apply as long as only the spaces are the problem.
Without name is correct or not, no financial institution will grant anything. If someone does, they have some shady things behind it. I have initial in my name in aadhar, but i fail most of the time with only firstname matching with aadhar name, aadhar correction attempt all is used. So names are important anywhere to start.

Grogu

TF Premier

Did you upload the PAN card in sprint application process or application tracking page. Can you share the approx timeline for approval because it said my name on application form is different from PAN, but it's exactly the same with the only difference being middle name is entered in last name as did not have sufficient character space.

PAN Database: A (First name) B C (Middle name) D (Last name)
SBI Card: A (First name) B (Middle name) C D (Last name)

Instant card generation rejected because of this reason.

Shoxie

TF Premier
Did you upload the PAN card in sprint application process or application tracking page. Can you share the approx timeline for approval because it said my name on application form is different from PAN, but it's exactly the same with the only difference being middle name is entered in last name as did not have sufficient character space.

PAN Database: A (First name) B C (Middle name) D (Last name)
SBI Card: A (First name) B (Middle name) C D (Last name)

Instant card generation rejected because of this reason.
It only took two to three days for me to get approval. Don't worry, if it's getting approved, max time it is going to take is only 3 days.