• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Octane RuPay JCB Select Credit Card launched | 6.25% on fuel

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
SBI Octane RuPay JCB Select Credit Card launched | 6.25% on fuel:
sbi octane.jpg

Joining FeeRs 1499+GST
Welcome Gift6000 Reward Points ~Rs 1500 Value
Annual FeeRs 1499+GST
Renewal BenefitNone
Annual Fee WaiverOn spends of Rs 2 Lakh in a year

Rewards​

The BPCL SBI credit card OCTANE has a 6.25% reward rate for all BPCL spends including Bharat Gas spends. Other than this, it also gives good rewards for Dining, Departmental Stores, Grocery & Movies category spends. This makes it easy to achieve the required spends for an annual fee waiver.

TYPE OF SPENDREWARD POINTSRETURN
BPCL Fuel, Lubricants & Bharat Gas Spends25 RP per Rs 100
*Maximum 2500 RP per billing cycle
* Rs 4000 Max transaction value for rewards
* 1% fuel surcharge waiver
6.25%
Dining, Departmental Stores, Grocery & Movies10 RP per Rs 100

*Maximum 7500 RP per month
2.5%
Other spends (Except Non-BPCL Fuel and Wallets)1 reward point per Rs 1000.25%

The monthly transaction value to hit the max cap of accelerated fuel rewards would be Rs 10,000. This should be more than enough for most people. We can also spend on other categories like Departmental Stores and Grocery to reach the annual fee waiver. The 2.5% value back on these is also pretty good.

Milestone Rewards​

Spend Rs 2 Lakhs to get the annual fee waiver and get maximum rewards on fuel transactions.
  • Rs 2000 gift voucher on Rs 3 Lakhs spend in a membership year (0.67% Return)
  • Gift voucher options: Aditya Birla Fashion, Yatra, Urban Ladder, Hush Puppies, and Bata

BPCL SBI Credit Card OCTANE Rewards Redemption​

Each reward point for BPCL SBI credit card OCTANE is worth 25p. We can redeem the reward points for either fuel or from the reward catalogue. Fuel redemption makes more sense as it is instant redemption at the listed outlets.
  • PoS redemption is supported at outlets listed here.
  • E-Voucher redemption is supported at outlets listed here.

Complimentary Airport Lounge Access​

• Domestic Airport Lounge Access: 4 complimentary visits per year
  • International Airport Lounge Access: Not Available

Key Benefits and Charges​

• Fuel Surcharge Waiver: 1% waiver on fuel transactions up to Rs 4000. Maximum surcharge waiver of Rs 100 in a statement cycle.
  • Rent Payment Charges: Rs 199+GST for each transaction
  • Foreign Currency Markup: Dnt know yet for SBI Card RuPay JCB Variant.
  • Interest Rate: 3.5% per month or 42% annually
sbioctanejcbcard.jpg

Official source:

Last edited:

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Is it possible to convert or upgrade SBI SimlyClick to BPCL Octane? I am fine with Visa variant too, but Rupay is better

My SBI simplyclick was downgraded from SBI Prime last year, so ideally upgrade again should not be an issue. right?

rogerthat

TF Ace
Is it possible to convert or upgrade SBI SimlyClick to BPCL Octane? I am fine with Visa variant too, but Rupay is better

My SBI simplyclick was downgraded from SBI Prime last year, so ideally upgrade again should not be an issue. right?
I tired for a solid one year to get it upgraded and raised some 10+ requests including threatening card closure but they flatly refused. You can try and see how it goes.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
I tired for a solid one year to get it upgraded and raised some 10+ requests including threatening card closure but they flatly refused. You can try and see how it goes.
Last year, I faced a similar experience and attempted multiple times to upgrade to the BPCL Octane Card, but they didn't comply. Before May, it was feasible and could be done over a call; however, after May, upgrading to the BPCL Octane Card appeared impossible.

drk

TF Select
@Abhishek012 this is the mail even after giving them notion of being escalation to RBI OMBUDSMAN if they fail to comply

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-27-15-36-11-30_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-27-15-36-11-30_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 37

CardCraftsman.

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
IMG_20240222_145659.jpg Screenshot_2024-02-22-14-54-02-726-edit_com.google.android.gm.jpg
Ab agar abhi issue hone wala hoga to pta chala jayega. @Abhishek012
I asked the sbi agents sitting in reliance smart store. They still don't have option of rupay octane

Kiya na test. Airport guys had no clue whether SBI Octane Rupay aaya hai ya nahi. They blatantly said nahi aaya hai. I skipped. Sirf Abhishek ke special SBI agents hi issue kr rahe honge i believe

Same hua mere sath. Branch ke logon ko nahi malum
Abhi tak ye launch nahi hua h. I got a call from sbicards executive who told me that it hasn't been launched yet. @Abhishek012

Nivit

TF Buzz
Please everyone escalate this issue with RBI OMBUDSMAN in below format

Recently requested sbi card to flip my bpcl octane visa card ending with 0000 in rupay network. as per sbi bpcl octane s t&c pdf octane card can be issued in visa and rupay network. But they straightly denied for network change.i pay the fees for the card and i have right to choose my card network.

CardCraftsman.

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Please everyone escalate this issue with RBI OMBUDSMAN in below format

Recently requested sbi card to flip my bpcl octane visa card ending with 0000 in rupay network. as per sbi bpcl octane s t&c pdf octane card can be issued in visa and rupay network. But they straightly denied for network change.i pay the fees for the card and i have right to choose my card network.

Abhi tak ye launch nahi hua h. I got a call from sbicards executive after RBI BO complaint who told me that it hasn't been launched yet.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
SBI Octane RuPay JCB Select Credit Card launched | 6.25% on fuel:
sbi octane.jpg

Joining FeeRs 1499+GST
Welcome Gift6000 Reward Points ~Rs 1500 Value
Annual FeeRs 1499+GST
Renewal BenefitNone
Annual Fee WaiverOn spends of Rs 2 Lakh in a year

Rewards​

The BPCL SBI credit card OCTANE has a 6.25% reward rate for all BPCL spends including Bharat Gas spends. Other than this, it also gives good rewards for Dining, Departmental Stores, Grocery & Movies category spends. This makes it easy to achieve the required spends for an annual fee waiver.

TYPE OF SPENDREWARD POINTSRETURN
BPCL Fuel, Lubricants & Bharat Gas Spends25 RP per Rs 100
*Maximum 2500 RP per billing cycle
* Rs 4000 Max transaction value for rewards
* 1% fuel surcharge waiver
6.25%
Dining, Departmental Stores, Grocery & Movies10 RP per Rs 100

*Maximum 7500 RP per month
2.5%
Other spends (Except Non-BPCL Fuel and Wallets)1 reward point per Rs 1000.25%

The monthly transaction value to hit the max cap of accelerated fuel rewards would be Rs 10,000. This should be more than enough for most people. We can also spend on other categories like Departmental Stores and Grocery to reach the annual fee waiver. The 2.5% value back on these is also pretty good.

Milestone Rewards​

Spend Rs 2 Lakhs to get the annual fee waiver and get maximum rewards on fuel transactions.
  • Rs 2000 gift voucher on Rs 3 Lakhs spend in a membership year (0.67% Return)
  • Gift voucher options: Aditya Birla Fashion, Yatra, Urban Ladder, Hush Puppies, and Bata

BPCL SBI Credit Card OCTANE Rewards Redemption​

Each reward point for BPCL SBI credit card OCTANE is worth 25p. We can redeem the reward points for either fuel or from the reward catalogue. Fuel redemption makes more sense as it is instant redemption at the listed outlets.
  • PoS redemption is supported at outlets listed here.
  • E-Voucher redemption is supported at outlets listed here.

Complimentary Airport Lounge Access​

• Domestic Airport Lounge Access: 4 complimentary visits per year
  • International Airport Lounge Access: Not Available

Key Benefits and Charges​

• Fuel Surcharge Waiver: 1% waiver on fuel transactions up to Rs 4000. Maximum surcharge waiver of Rs 100 in a statement cycle.
  • Rent Payment Charges: Rs 199+GST for each transaction
  • Foreign Currency Markup: Dnt know yet for SBI Card RuPay JCB Variant.
  • Interest Rate: 3.5% per month or 42% annually
sbioctanejcbcard.jpg

Official source:
SBI is now Accpeting Conversion to Rupay Octane over Call.

@Rocky Bhai Successfully Converted Visa Octane to Rupay Octane