• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Octane RuPay JCB Select Credit Card launched | 6.25% on fuel

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
SBI Octane RuPay JCB Select Credit Card launched | 6.25% on fuel:
sbi octane.jpg

Joining FeeRs 1499+GST
Welcome Gift6000 Reward Points ~Rs 1500 Value
Annual FeeRs 1499+GST
Renewal BenefitNone
Annual Fee WaiverOn spends of Rs 2 Lakh in a year

Rewards​

The BPCL SBI credit card OCTANE has a 6.25% reward rate for all BPCL spends including Bharat Gas spends. Other than this, it also gives good rewards for Dining, Departmental Stores, Grocery & Movies category spends. This makes it easy to achieve the required spends for an annual fee waiver.

TYPE OF SPENDREWARD POINTSRETURN
BPCL Fuel, Lubricants & Bharat Gas Spends25 RP per Rs 100
*Maximum 2500 RP per billing cycle
* Rs 4000 Max transaction value for rewards
* 1% fuel surcharge waiver
6.25%
Dining, Departmental Stores, Grocery & Movies10 RP per Rs 100

*Maximum 7500 RP per month
2.5%
Other spends (Except Non-BPCL Fuel and Wallets)1 reward point per Rs 1000.25%

The monthly transaction value to hit the max cap of accelerated fuel rewards would be Rs 10,000. This should be more than enough for most people. We can also spend on other categories like Departmental Stores and Grocery to reach the annual fee waiver. The 2.5% value back on these is also pretty good.

Milestone Rewards​

Spend Rs 2 Lakhs to get the annual fee waiver and get maximum rewards on fuel transactions.
  • Rs 2000 gift voucher on Rs 3 Lakhs spend in a membership year (0.67% Return)
  • Gift voucher options: Aditya Birla Fashion, Yatra, Urban Ladder, Hush Puppies, and Bata

BPCL SBI Credit Card OCTANE Rewards Redemption​

Each reward point for BPCL SBI credit card OCTANE is worth 25p. We can redeem the reward points for either fuel or from the reward catalogue. Fuel redemption makes more sense as it is instant redemption at the listed outlets.
  • PoS redemption is supported at outlets listed here.
  • E-Voucher redemption is supported at outlets listed here.

Complimentary Airport Lounge Access​

• Domestic Airport Lounge Access: 4 complimentary visits per year
  • International Airport Lounge Access: Not Available

Key Benefits and Charges​

• Fuel Surcharge Waiver: 1% waiver on fuel transactions up to Rs 4000. Maximum surcharge waiver of Rs 100 in a statement cycle.
  • Rent Payment Charges: Rs 199+GST for each transaction
  • Foreign Currency Markup: Dnt know yet for SBI Card RuPay JCB Variant.
  • Interest Rate: 3.5% per month or 42% annually
sbioctanejcbcard.jpg

Official source:

Last edited:

card-shard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
That in most of the cases work.
But the limit in most of the cases given by sprint is very bad if not 10k, 15k or 20k
This is also wrong.
SPRINT is their primary CC application portal. People get limits as per their CIBIL report & bank's internal underwriting conditions.
Only cashback card is known to be approved with lower limits (for obvious reasons of limiting cashbacks)

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
This is also wrong.
SPRINT is their primary CC application portal. People get limits as per their CIBIL report & bank's internal underwriting conditions.
Only cashback card is known to be approved with lower limits (for obvious reasons of limiting cashbacks)
Even with less limit .. u can always transfer from your other card ..

rogerthat

TF Ace
SBI Octane RuPay JCB Select Credit Card launched | 6.25% on fuel:
sbi octane.jpg

Joining FeeRs 1499+GST
Welcome Gift6000 Reward Points ~Rs 1500 Value
Annual FeeRs 1499+GST
Renewal BenefitNone
Annual Fee WaiverOn spends of Rs 2 Lakh in a year

Rewards​

The BPCL SBI credit card OCTANE has a 6.25% reward rate for all BPCL spends including Bharat Gas spends. Other than this, it also gives good rewards for Dining, Departmental Stores, Grocery & Movies category spends. This makes it easy to achieve the required spends for an annual fee waiver.

TYPE OF SPENDREWARD POINTSRETURN
BPCL Fuel, Lubricants & Bharat Gas Spends25 RP per Rs 100
*Maximum 2500 RP per billing cycle
* Rs 4000 Max transaction value for rewards
* 1% fuel surcharge waiver
6.25%
Dining, Departmental Stores, Grocery & Movies10 RP per Rs 100

*Maximum 7500 RP per month
2.5%
Other spends (Except Non-BPCL Fuel and Wallets)1 reward point per Rs 1000.25%

The monthly transaction value to hit the max cap of accelerated fuel rewards would be Rs 10,000. This should be more than enough for most people. We can also spend on other categories like Departmental Stores and Grocery to reach the annual fee waiver. The 2.5% value back on these is also pretty good.

Milestone Rewards​

Spend Rs 2 Lakhs to get the annual fee waiver and get maximum rewards on fuel transactions.
  • Rs 2000 gift voucher on Rs 3 Lakhs spend in a membership year (0.67% Return)
  • Gift voucher options: Aditya Birla Fashion, Yatra, Urban Ladder, Hush Puppies, and Bata

BPCL SBI Credit Card OCTANE Rewards Redemption​

Each reward point for BPCL SBI credit card OCTANE is worth 25p. We can redeem the reward points for either fuel or from the reward catalogue. Fuel redemption makes more sense as it is instant redemption at the listed outlets.
  • PoS redemption is supported at outlets listed here.
  • E-Voucher redemption is supported at outlets listed here.

Complimentary Airport Lounge Access​

• Domestic Airport Lounge Access: 4 complimentary visits per year
  • International Airport Lounge Access: Not Available

Key Benefits and Charges​

• Fuel Surcharge Waiver: 1% waiver on fuel transactions up to Rs 4000. Maximum surcharge waiver of Rs 100 in a statement cycle.
  • Rent Payment Charges: Rs 199+GST for each transaction
  • Foreign Currency Markup: Dnt know yet for SBI Card RuPay JCB Variant.
  • Interest Rate: 3.5% per month or 42% annually
sbioctanejcbcard.jpg

Official source:
So if I were to apply for Octane RuPay do I have to expect some problems with acceptability and more importantly with accrual and redemption of points as the BIN is new? I know that BPCL had this problem in the beginning (most fuel cards have) and people had to fight with the bank to get points credited. It took them time to configure the BIN across all banks/providers/systems for the points to be accrued correctly.

Should I better apply for VISA and wait for a couple of months before changing to RuPay?

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
So if I were to apply for Octane RuPay do I have to expect some problems with acceptability and more importantly with accrual and redemption of points as the BIN is new? I know that BPCL had this problem in the beginning (most fuel cards have) and people had to fight with the bank to get points credited. It took them time to correctly configure the BIN across all banks/providers/systems for the points to be accrued correctly.

Should I better apply for VISA and wait for a couple of months before changing to RuPay?
Changing is tough

card-shard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So if I were to apply for Octane RuPay do I have to expect some problems with acceptability and more importantly with accrual and redemption of points as the BIN is new? I know that BPCL had this problem in the beginning (most fuel cards have) and people had to fight with the bank to get points credited. It took them time to configure the BIN across all banks/providers/systems for the points to be accrued correctly.

Here you go: (Read T&C doc)
(one user mentioned above, UPI payments on petrol pumps isn't eligible for waiver/reward points on RUPAY variant.)
There are so many conditions to match in order to get reward points.
And going by the posts here, I know for a fact that most people just look at headline of card features, but don't bother reading T&C.

Min transaction amount, Max transaction amount, POS machine's bank & It's MCC code, mode of payment, monthly capping -> so many things have to match as per T&C to get reward points or fuel surcharge waiver.
I am not surprised that people complain about not getting reward points. Most likely they are missing one or multiple eligibility criterias.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
If anyone has applied for any SBI Credit Card at airport, pls reply?

1. At Airport as well, do they apply and show credit limit as per CIBIL profile?
2. or they ask proof like pay slip / pay slips+ bank statement/ ITR ?
3. Is C2C applicable for SBI Card for application at airport??

Pls share answers of all 3 questions.

rogerthat

TF Ace
What income did you tell them (CTC)? and what's the total credit limit across all cards ?
He didn't ask for my CTC or income documents, just for PAN Card. He says SBI has flagged me in their system so they won't accept any application from my PAN currently. Combined limit for all cards together should be like around 38L and my CTC is around 22L.