• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Debit Card not received even after one month

prc1990

TF Ace
Hello Mates,

My debit card was issued on 2nd April'22 and even after almost one month I haven't received either any tracking/dispatch info or the actual card.

I reached out to the customer care multiple times and registered a case id but I was told that my complaint got approved/closed however, yet to receive my card.

Have dropped a tweet to SBI Official as well but still no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 🥺.

prc1990

TF Ace
Sometimes I feel SBI hires useless people with intention to avoid taking responsibility for anything, and I mean anything at all. On top of that they have some serious attitude problem.
Their explanation doesn't make any sense as they don't even know the issue and how to address it rather than playing the passing the ball game.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
I'll tell here one unrelated story, a man in his late 40's (my friends dad) was trying to move his PPF account from HDFC to SBI, well he wanted security that government bank gives after debacle of PNB. But my god, that man was literally made to wait for hours in bank, and not ones but for almost entire week.

What in the god's world for does moving one PPF a/c require so much hassle? I'll never know. I can still give them benefit of doubt if it was loan account as that has lot of odd possibilities, but moving PPF, srsly?

prc1990

TF Ace
I'll tell here one unrelated story, a man in his late 40's (my friends dad) was trying to move his PPF account from HDFC to SBI, well he wanted security that government bank gives after debacle of PNB. But my god, that man was literally made to wait for hours in bank, and not ones but for almost entire week.

What in the god's world for does moving one PPF a/c require so much hassle? I'll never know. I can still give them benefit of doubt if it was loan account as that has lot of odd possibilities, but moving PPF, srsly?
People are not at all trained to deal with various issues and the most important thing is most of them are very reluctant to actually assist the customer. People are not responsible enough and no one ready to own an issue/mistake.

Being responsible is the biggest responsibility ever 🙂.

Customers can (and should) file complaint to grievance department if bank's customer care department is not solving his/her issue & the issue pending for more than 30 days.
Such grievances take too much time to resolve
The first step should be to solve the issue locally
I have seen many people being encouraged to mail things directly to higher authorities without completing the 30days mark or sometimes without even contacting the ground staff or manager. The atm card not being issued is a small issues can be solved promptly by checking ATM ialerts which is an internal portal of SBI , one more thing that you should check if you have anyother card active or not

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Customers can (and should) file complaint to grievance department if bank's customer care department is not solving his/her issue & the issue pending for more than 30 days.
I support Sumanta on this.

I'll tell you something which is an unforgettable experience.

My father deposited an Indian Bank Demand Draft to a UCO bank account of his own. The Demand Draft actually was not cleared due to some unknown reason & as a result 238+GST was deducted from that UCO Bank account. When BM was approached he said that it might be an temporary issue, should be deposited again & this time it would be cleared. But to my surprise again that same scenario occurred.

This time I took this matter over & ask the BM to reverse the charges since Demand Draft is a kind of instrument which should have been cleared on the first shot without any possibility of issues. BM has argued with me that he can't do anything since it is done from the Clearing House. I gave him a written letter along with all the proofs but no response till next 30 days.

After 30 days I escalated to the Nodal Office but no response & again I escalated to their Principal Nodal Officer & as expected no response.
So this time I filed a complaint to RBI CMS stating whatever has happened attaching all the documents.

This time within 2 days all the charges along with GST were reversed and UCO Bank wrote an official apology letter to my father sine he had to face these kind of issues even being a Senior Citizen.

So I guess now a days RBI is doing good against all the mess done by any of the banks.
And we should use this channel to the maximum extant possible.

@prc1990 if you didn't opt this one, please do.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Indeed, this is the only saving grace for us customers from lazy or irresponsible bank employees. And thank god that we have it, or it wouldn't be any different than having to deal with local "savkar". :cautious:

prc1990

TF Ace
I have seen many people being encouraged to mail things directly to higher authorities without completing the 30days mark or sometimes without even contacting the ground staff or manager. The atm card not being issued is a small issues can be solved promptly by checking ATM ialerts which is an internal portal of SBI , one more thing that you should check if you have anyother card active or not
Seems like you didn't go through my initial post diligently. It is already more than 30 days and hence, all these escalations and all are coming in to play 🙂.

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Yea... One should not contact CEO/MD directly... they must obey bank's contact us level rules, first level 1, then level 2, then level 3 and banking ombudsman.

prc1990

TF Ace
Link to ATM ialerts plz?

Link to ATM ialerts plz?
Only SBI staff can access it, kindly tell them to check ATM ialerts if it doesn't show there, then kindly check if the customer is already holding two debit card in future, cause many customers block the previous debit cards temporarily and apply for the new one, SBI systems don't allow a customer to hold more than two cards, kindly also check from SBI staff if previous cards have been blocked permanently or temporarily

prc1990

TF Ace
Went to the branch today and I was told that the only thing they can do is to block/close the card which I haven't yet received and issue a new card.

Have submitted a letter to close the current card which I already received an acknowledgement for through a sms and filled a debit card issuance form once again for a fresh card.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Went to the branch today and I was told that the only thing they can do is to block/close the card which I haven't yet received and issue a new card.

Have submitted a letter to close the current card which I already received an acknowledgement for through a sms and filled a debit card issuance form once again for a fresh card.
You are not getting charged extra for new debit card issuance?

AllSeeker

TF Ace
I was not charged for the old card as probably it never reached to me nor was activated. Probably I will get charged only after (if this time I receive the card by SBI's grace) the new card gets delivered and activated.

What's your view?
I think so too, but just checking. I hope in reason for new card you mentioned that the old was issued but never delivered to you.

prc1990

TF Ace

Got the card just now, this time it is superfast, reached within 3 business days.

prc1990

TF Ace
Have been charges twice or once?
Ok just checked online and PFB charges. Variant is SBI Global International Debit Card and received the Rupay one. Happy to add a Rupay card in my wallet 😁.

Issuance Charges: Nil
Annual Maintenance Charges: Rs 125/- plus GST
Card Replacement Charges: Rs 300/- plus GST