• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Debit Card Charges Revised w.e.f. From 01.04.2024

varun__goel_

TF Legend
State Bank of India revised their debit card fees effective from 1st April, 2024.
No communication received from bank regarding revision of charges. Just have been updated on their website.

Screenshot_2024-03-25-03-25-07-720_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
The minimum debit card fee was Rs. 125 + GST. Now it’s Rs. 200 + GST, a 60% increase.
They have raised each debit card fee by Rs. 75.

As per the RBI's latest guidelines, banks must send notice/communication to their customers 30 days prior to any product feature-related changes. However, in this case, State Bank of India didn’t follow RBI guidelines. Will RBI take this matter seriously and penalize SBI and set an example? I don’t think it’s going to happen. The RBI just closes their eyes when it comes to SBI.

- This post is edited by @TechnoFino

Source:-

Last edited by a moderator:

purushotham

TF Select
This is for users having 'only Virtual debit card'

If you forgot SBI net banking login passsword, you can reset by using any of three ways
a. Using ATM Card detail
b. Using Profile Password
c. Reset your login password with Branch Assistance.

If you blocked Physical debit card and having only Virtual debit card...
then it's not possible to reset login password using Virtual debit card. During the process it will ask to enter PIN. But there is no option to generate PIN for Virtual debit card.
If you forgot Profile Password also, then only option is to Visit the branch and submit the reset login password form.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
True

Just take a paper of debit card shape and size

Write down the virtual card details and keep it in a safe place if required take 2-3 extra copies also

Anurag

TF Buzz
No issue
If u are able to login to yono app
Click on cards > debit card > apply virtual cards and select rupay global card
It will get generated instantly
One more thing if u want to avoid amc charges
Permanent close your physical card
Did this recently to avoid amc...i doubt if they start charging for virtual as well 😅
One more thing, will i be able to reset net banking password using virtual card details?

CosmicCat

TF Premier
State Bank of India revised their debit card fees effective from 1st April, 2024.
No communication received from bank regarding revision of charges. Just have been updated on their website.

The minimum debit card fee was Rs. 125 + GST. Now it’s Rs. 200 + GST, a 60% increase.

As per the RBI's latest guidelines, banks must send notice/communication to their customers 30 days prior to any product feature-related changes. However, in this case, State Bank of India didn’t follow RBI guidelines. Will RBI take this matter seriously and penalize SBI and set an example? I don’t think it’s going to happen. The RBI just closes their eyes when it comes to SBI.

Back in 2022, most PSU banks had increased their annual charges for their debit cards due to the global chip shortage issue, but SBI didn't. Now the supply chain is back to normal, yet what makes SBI increase their charges?

doraemon

TF Ace
Back in 2022, most PSU banks had increased their annual charges for their debit cards due to the global chip shortage issue, but SBI didn't. Now the supply chain is back to normal, yet what makes SBI increase their charges?
They are not taking mab charges no sms charges
Maybe to recover that!

But who wants physical card nowadays when virtual is the future

Ram1

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
whats the benefit of platinum card with 325rs charges compared to classic card with 200rs charges??

girish3456

TF Premier

Mine is SBI IOCL Rupay debit card, seems it haven't changed. It was 125 plus tax. But this yr still sbi haven't deducted annual charges for my debit card. Don't know why. Using the account from 2007 August.

Attaching SBI IOCL Rupay debit card

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024_0326_044343.png
    Screenshot_2024_0326_044343.png
    186.7 KB · Views: 25

lightwaves

TF Premier
This is one of the income stream for them. Just another way to push their EBIT up.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Mine is SBI IOCL Rupay debit card, seems it haven't changed. It was 125 plus tax. But this yr still sbi haven't deducted annual charges for my debit card. Don't know why. Using the account from 2007 August.

Attaching SBI IOCL Rupay debit card
IG this DC is also covered. Check out the brackets, it clearly mentions global variant. And in revised SOC, global variant cards are included