• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI CB CC due payment

r_raghu

TF Buzz
Hi folks!

Had a query on the due amount to be paid for the card statement, so suppose the statement generated was of 20000 and shows 20000 as the "Statement Due" amount, and after that 1000 has been submitted as cashback, so do I need to pay just 19000 or entire 20000.

Also, in general when should we ideally clear the dues to get better reporting in the cibil? Should it be on due date only or any date between the statement generation and due date works the same.

deep@vie

TF Legend
I did pay after due date, exactly after 12 days from due date. I paid the entire amount including the late payment fee today. I was in hospital and phone was not allowed there. How can I waive off the late payment fee even I paid the entire amount? Will they report this in CIBIL? Bill generated date on 20th. Due date on 10th
SBIcard is the most rigid in this case, chances of CIBIL remark removal are very little but they'll waive off the late payment fee for the first time.

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
But I'd better the pay full amount of the bill for peace of mind.

In Sbi you have the option to ask for credit refund to your Bank account (in case your card account has a credit balance) if you need the money.

I recently took back credit amount from sbi card to my bank. Generous guys, they sent me an email for that too.

Thanks,
This is the standard practice and shall be followed by all banks ideally they should refund extra credit amount, but mostly private banks don't bother because they have internal audits. SBI, PNB and other PSU banks have tight audit processes and hence they are always on edge, you will always note some hidden charges or some once in a blue moon fee levied by private banks in home loan or other loans but same is not case with PSU banks, not that they have clear Conscience but a serious audit.