• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI CB CC due payment

r_raghu

TF Buzz
Hi folks!

Had a query on the due amount to be paid for the card statement, so suppose the statement generated was of 20000 and shows 20000 as the "Statement Due" amount, and after that 1000 has been submitted as cashback, so do I need to pay just 19000 or entire 20000.

Also, in general when should we ideally clear the dues to get better reporting in the cibil? Should it be on due date only or any date between the statement generation and due date works the same.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
See. There is ambiguity in this case.
I personally feel and pay the full outstanding even after cashback gets credited. Because it's SBI, finance charges can get applied.

But some are paying (Total Outstanding - Cashback), still not getting charged.

And it's not like you will not use the card after this cashback, you will use for sure so that Cashback will be adjusted.
For peace of mind, pay full outstanding.

Last edited:

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Thanks bro! Yes, going to do the same. Also, any pointers on the second query? When should we ideally clear it, when does SBI report the utilization.
I think you should pay anytime before 3-7 days of due date in case doing via 3rd party.

Paying any time within due date has no special effect on cibil reporting by SBI.
It will get highlighted only if you cross due date.

I'm not sure. SBI reports on bill generation date or month end.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
I think you should pay anytime before 3-7 days of due date in case doing via 3rd party.

Paying any time within due date has no special effect on cibil reporting by SBI.
It will get highlighted only if you cross due date.

I'm not sure. SBI reports on bill generation date or month end.
Neither Bill generation nor Month end.
On a Random Date atleast for me

r_raghu

TF Buzz
Ok, thanks for the pointers, I will just keep it simple, my due date will come on 2nd/3rd of every month, and I will clear the full dues on my salary date which is on 25th of every month. I use Cheq for CC bill payment.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
I checked my CIBIl Report.
For Bill date 19th - Reporting was done on 14th March.
For Bill Date 2nd, Reporting was done on 26th March.
So you can assume 4-5 days before Bill generation.
I am still not sure if same pattern is follwed every month or not.

r_raghu

TF Buzz
Obviously, blocking won't mean that you can't see their dp anymore.
Or send them cheezy GMs ifyouknwhatimean🤣🤭
Lol! But aisa to nahi hoga na ki paise kat liye and then blocked, otherwise if they block it's fine, cred p vapis chale jaenge aur kya 😂 I was just thinking that can credit card also be blocked if we receive payment through cheq, but I don't think that's possible or can be the case.

John123

TF Premier
I checked my CIBIl Report.
For Bill date 19th - Reporting was done on 14th March.
For Bill Date 2nd, Reporting was done on 26th March.
So you can assume 4-5 days before Bill generation.
I am still not sure if same pattern is follwed every month or not.
Oh no then I need to decrease my CU Ratio.
Currently its 50%. My billing date is 5th May.
I was planning to repay the amount on May 1st as I have exhausted April months 750 CB quota on hdfc billpay

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Oh no then I need to decrease my CU Ratio.
Currently its 50%. My billing date is 5th May.
I was planning to repay the amount on May 1st as I have exhausted April months 750 CB quota on hdfc billpay
If you have have other Credit Cards
With high limits and negligible utilization then Your overall utilization will remain below 30%.

I also utilize 50-60% of my cashback SBI but due to other high limit unused cards overall Utilization remains below 30%