• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI CB CC due payment

r_raghu

TF Buzz
Hi folks!

Had a query on the due amount to be paid for the card statement, so suppose the statement generated was of 20000 and shows 20000 as the "Statement Due" amount, and after that 1000 has been submitted as cashback, so do I need to pay just 19000 or entire 20000.

Also, in general when should we ideally clear the dues to get better reporting in the cibil? Should it be on due date only or any date between the statement generation and due date works the same.

maroof

TF Neo
Hi folks!

Had a query on the due amount to be paid for the card statement, so suppose the statement generated was of 20000 and shows 20000 as the "Statement Due" amount, and after that 1000 has been submitted as cashback, so do I need to pay just 19000 or entire 20000.

Also, in general when should we ideally clear the dues to get better reporting in the cibil? Should it be on due date only or any date between the statement generation and due date works the same.
My due date for SBI is around 8th of each month, and usually report date on cibil is around 10th of each month. So not sure whether they report on 10th for everyone, or it depends on due date

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Hi folks!

see as per cibil , sbi report your spending to cibil on bill generation, this only is considered when you know you have spend >30% in a calendar , more cc you have less to worry on these or more limit on one or more card. and now with CB , sbi CB card credit after 4 days from statement and you can count or not. up to you, it not one way affair you will use the card within next statement date. for me i pay full payment and that cb will be adjusted in next statement cause axis fk was my first cb card and since it reflect in next month statement i made a habit to ignore cb and if it more then statement come in negative simple.

Samrat

TF Buzz
1. I always pay amount due after adjusting all cashbacks. Have done the same for HDFC, ICICI, SBI, Yes Bank, Amex and others for the past 7 years almost now. The only thing is some banks ask that you make a payment of atleast the minimum amount due by yourself. But that is also not usually followed.

2. Cibil reporting is not a big deal unless the total credit utilisation is more than 30% consistently across all cards. Having multiple cards, my utilisation remains around 1-2% always.

3. Payment can be made anytime. I usually do it on the last day or 1 day before due date because there is anyway a 3 day grace period as well for all banks.

Anupam

TF Neo
I have had bad experience with SBI Card. I had SBI IRCTC credit card which now i have closed because of their third grade customer service. Some years back, I had booked train tickets before bill generation, later due to change in travel plan, i cancelled my train tickets after bill generation. IRCTC refunded the money well before due date, i paid remaining amount taking into consideration the refund of train tickets but SBI card imposed penalty as well as interest on not paying full amount.

SiddharthR

TF Ace
I have had bad experience with SBI Card. I had SBI IRCTC credit card which now i have closed because of their third grade customer service. Some years back, I had booked train tickets before bill generation, later due to change in travel plan, i cancelled my train tickets after bill generation. IRCTC refunded the money well before due date, i paid remaining amount taking into consideration the refund of train tickets but SBI card imposed penalty as well as interest on not paying full amount.
I think it was bound to happen at that time bcoz there were no RBI guidelines on this, but now it is & u don't need to pay if there is refund, as it will be considered as a payment.

shubhamosy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I think it was bound to happen at that time bcoz there were no RBI guidelines on this, but now it is & u don't need to pay if there is refund, as it will be considered as a payment.
you sure na?

day before yesterday my bill got generated for 60K
today i got refund of 20k on SBI CB card

so what amount should i pay? 40K or 60K?

Hi folks!

It's better to pay the total bill amount. Once I paid partially as I received amount due to return of some item. They charged my with late fee and GST. After talking to them able to reversed the late fee after two months.

SiddharthR

TF Ace
you sure na?

day before yesterday my bill got generated for 60K
today i got refund of 20k on SBI CB card

so what amount should i pay? 40K or 60K?
Pay 40K

"Refund amount will be adjusted to payment due
Any credit amount originating from refund, failed, reversed transactions or similar transactions before the payment due date for which the cardholder has not made payment will be adjusted to the 'payment due' and reported to the cardholder."

armat

TF Premier
I did pay after due date, exactly after 12 days from due date. I paid the entire amount including the late payment fee today. I was in hospital and phone was not allowed there. How can I waive off the late payment fee even I paid the entire amount? Will they report this in CIBIL? Bill generated date on 20th. Due date on 10th

Last edited: