• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Cashback devauluation in the store? Real or rumor?

vijay.vj

TF Ace
Hi Everyone,

I raised a request today via call to upgrade my existing Simplyclick to cashback credit card. Seems to be some inside news.

Agent said that all card upgrades are now stopped. He said SBI cashback is undergoing some major changes.
Instead of statement cashback, the card will now provide reward points (of similar worth?)

Given the way many managed to get this card even LTF, not sure if its up for some major devaluation.

Regards,
Vijay

techt

TF Legend
Screaming Homer Simpson GIF

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi Everyone,

I raised a request today via call to upgrade my existing Simplyclick to cashback credit card. Seems to be some inside news.

Agent said that all card upgrades are now stopped. He said SBI cashback is undergoing some major changes.
Instead of statement cashback, the card will now provide reward points (of similar worth?)

Given the way many managed to get this card even LTF, not sure if its up for some major devaluation.

Regards,
Vijay
why not.. its the only one standing.. but they had already excluded many categories...

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Devaluation is long due. But changing cashback to reward points goes against the name of the card. Doesn't seem right.

I expect limit to get reduced to 1000 cashback. And 5% will either continue with more exclusions like HDFC Swiggy card or specific merchants like HDFC Millenia card. A third option is reduction from 5% to 3% upto 1500 and then 1% unlimited like BOB Eterna.

Last edited: