• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Cashback credit card application experience

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
I applied for the SBI Cashback credit card on October 10, 2022 (most probably; I don't remember the exact date).
They initially rejected my application without any verification (vKYC or offline KYC).
After that, as usual, I just requested SBI Card to reconsider my application.
Offline KYC document pickup and home verification were completed by the end of October 2022.
And finally, today, I gotthe final approval SMS.
The credit limit is just Rs. 10,000/-.

IMG-20221130-WA0037.jpg

Now, I'll send them my income and ask for limit enhancement.
Feel free to share your experiences.

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Few days back I applied for SBI CB (Sprint). It got rejected straightaway without asking for income docs/bank statements. They did a CIBIL inquiry as well. I talked to them on twitter requesting a reconsideration, citing an issue on their end. They told me they're looking into it. Should I wait, or complain via mail as well?

tushu5121

TF Premier
MY experiance is even bad.
I applied and done eKyc.
After 2 days i recieved message of application approved card will recieve with 7 working days.
But i was shocked i saw simplySave card that was useless card.
I called sbi team mail nodel officer.
Received an answer saying
This is exclusive card from sbi and we are offering this to select customers only.
We regret to inform you that currently you are not eligible for sbi cashback card.
When i mail them
Still not received any response.

leonneel

TF Premier
MY experiance is even bad.
I applied and done eKyc.
After 2 days i recieved message of application approved card will recieve with 7 working days.
But i was shocked i saw simplySave card that was useless card.
I called sbi team mail nodel officer.
Received an answer saying
This is exclusive card from sbi and we are offering this to select customers only.
We regret to inform you that currently you are not eligible for sbi cashback card.
When i mail them
Still not received any response.
Damn, this feels how lucky I was getting the card in first wave. Only because i cancelled my simpliclick 2 years ago and only bpcl was left in my portfolio.

Xposed

TF Premier
He applied for Cashback card , was issued a different card

They can either reject the application or approve it
But to issue a different card is unethical

I think he can go to RBI with this

tushu5121

TF Premier
I don't think RBI will force sbi to issue cashback card to complainant.
And for that also i have to face more headache.
As sbi is very useless when it comes to service specually in my case i had very bad experiance with sbi.
THere employees and services just more than worst.
I hold sbi cards for offers now.
Recentky closed sbi prime and simply save ( which i got behalf of cashback )

Fews weeks ago they revised my credit limit from 1 45L to 45K without any reason
Even i had no default almost cleared my debt and that showed in my cibil reports
My credit utilization was also 6% to 9%
They made merchant payment as rent payment and applied fees on my transaction.
Which i fought with them for 1 month.

They are simply stupid. Don't know what to do

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Few days back I applied for SBI CB (Sprint). It got rejected straightaway without asking for income docs/bank statements. They did a CIBIL inquiry as well. I talked to them on twitter requesting a reconsideration, citing an issue on their end. They told me they're looking into it. Should I wait, or complain via mail as well?
Turns out it was rejected due to pincode. Anybody having experience of getting it approved after rejected for pincode?
They also did a cibil enquiry which is usually not the case with other banks, they reject it before enquiry :confused:

Akashn

TF Ace
Try changing few characters in the address. When I gave my permanent address I also faced same issue. After I gave current address as permanent address it got enabled. So it might be pin code issue. Not sure though.
Same for me. Should i go ahead and select current address as permanent address? (Aadhar address is diff)

deep@vie

TF Legend
Turns out it was rejected due to pincode. Anybody having experience of getting it approved after rejected for pincode?
They also did a cibil enquiry which is usually not the case with other banks, they reject it before enquiry :confused:
Sbi being SBI always, do share the pincode ,I'll let you know it's serviceable or not

binno

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I applied for the SBI Cashback credit card on October 10, 2022 (most probably; I don't remember the exact date).
They initially rejected my application without any verification (vKYC or offline KYC).
After that, as usual, I just requested SBI Card to reconsider my application.
Offline KYC document pickup and home verification were completed by the end of October 2022.
And finally, today, I gotthe final approval SMS.
The credit limit is just Rs. 10,000/-.

IMG-20221130-WA0037.jpg

Now, I'll send them my income and ask for limit enhancement.
Feel free to share your experiences.
any update ??? its been more than 6 months i am waiting for you to update 😂