• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Cashback credit card application experience

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
I applied for the SBI Cashback credit card on October 10, 2022 (most probably; I don't remember the exact date).
They initially rejected my application without any verification (vKYC or offline KYC).
After that, as usual, I just requested SBI Card to reconsider my application.
Offline KYC document pickup and home verification were completed by the end of October 2022.
And finally, today, I gotthe final approval SMS.
The credit limit is just Rs. 10,000/-.

IMG-20221130-WA0037.jpg

Now, I'll send them my income and ask for limit enhancement.
Feel free to share your experiences.

iAmPm

TF Premier
I did apply today only 25341130***** is my application number. Got a cibil hit email also. However after giving digilocker access they asked to wait 12-24hours as the application is under consideration. Lets see.
No SBI card till now. Have Cibil 791 as of Oct end I last checked. My last card was HSBC in Aug 2022. Will let you know the progress in the thread.
how did you apply?

gautampai

TF Select
I have the same problem. No call from from agent or email yet.
Call SBI card customer care, it's an IVR call. In that choose " apply for new card" option (something like that, I don't remember the exact words) . Within a couple of days an agent will call you to finish the application form.

note:- try doing this IVR method on weekdays , I did it once on Friday didn't get any call from agent. Tried again on next Wednesday, got call on Thursday.

Kenu73

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Call SBI card customer care, it's an IVR call. In that choose " apply for new card" option (something like that, I don't remember the exact words) . Within a couple of days an agent will call you to finish the application form.

note:- try doing this IVR method on weekdays , I did it once on Friday didn't get any call from agent. Tried again on next Wednesday, got call on Thursday.
Same situation with my friend, what exactly did the agent do?

gautampai

TF Select
He told I'm approved for the card. Just need to finish the verification. So he scheduled a KYC, Physical KYC has been done, but address verification is still pending now.

akshayhs

TF Ace
Feel free to share your experiences.
I applied on Mar 03rd, 2023.
Approved instantly with Digilocker KYC and attaching exisitng SBI account for credit/debit verification.
Time gap between two applications (SBI only): 8 months.
Credit limit given: 77k
Existing SBI cards: 1 (SimplyClick with 32 limit, 20k given initially)
Current score: 776.
Number of enquiries on account: 16. 3 out of which occurred this quarter.
Total number of credit cards before applying: 5. (Details in my profile)

Last edited:

jimmypappachan

TF Premier
I applied on Mar 03rd, 2023.
Approved instantly with Digilocker KYC and attaching exisitng SBI account for credit/debit verification.
Credit limit given: 77k
Existing SBI cards: 1 (SimplyClick with 32 limit, 20k given initially)
Current score: 776.
Number of enquiries on account: 16. 3 out of which occurred this quarter.
Total number of credit cards before applying: 5. (Details in my profile)
Kind of same scenario but recieved lesser limit for cashback card
Copying his words and edit according to my details...

applied on Mar 4th, 2023.
Approved instantly with Digilocker KYC and attaching ICICI account for credit/debit verification.
Credit limit given: 48k
Existing SBI cards: 1 (SBI bpcl basic (VISA) with 32 limit, 20k given initially)
Current score: 765.
Number of enquiries(hard hits in CIBIL)in last 3 months -5: December- 3, January -2.
Total number of credit cards before applying: 3(onecard fd-2k,Sbi_bpcl &and rbl Zomato edition)

Just want to check cashback card is beneficial for me /
else want to transfer limit to my old bpcl card and close cashback card before deduction of annual fee 😅

Last edited:

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I applied twice in last year and got rejected. I had sbi simpliclick back in 2018 but closed it at that time. I gave my ITR which is >50L and salaried. My company must be in the preferential list as well. Strange to see SBI rejecting me.