• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Rupay Platinum vs Rupay Select

BiggBoss

TF Select
Rupay Platinum vs Rupay Select

Hi which card is best for offers and other features.

Rupay Platinum have Amazon 20% off.
Is there any offers on Rupay Select card?

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the links bro..which card do you recommend?
Take a Rupay Select Credit or Debit card. 1180 is not worth paying as it effectively nullifies the benefits, go for one which are sub 500, if you ask me Union Bank Rupay Select Debit card has lowest charges or PNB Rupay Select Credit Card which has charge of Rs 590.

girish3456

TF Premier
As far as I know, Rupay the variants are ranked in the order Classic < Platinum < Select. So, Rupay Select version has more benefits.

Link for Rupay FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions – RuPay Cards | RuPay

Rupay Select Benefits: Rupay (golftripz.com)
Rupay Platinum Benefits: RuPay Platinum Card Program (golftripz.com)

You see the benefits for yourself.
But if you see IDFC First's Power Plus credit card which is a Rupay select gives only 1 domestic airport lounge access every quarter (and no International airport lounge access offer) being a Rupay select card. So being at top of the line in Rupay variants, still it is offering only just 1 domestic airport lounge access offer that too its a spend based offer i.e., need to spend atleast 5000 worth of transactions in the preceeding month to avail domestic airport lounge offer

Attachments

• IDFC Power Plus card Screenshot.png
    IDFC Power Plus card Screenshot.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 11

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
But if you see IDFC First's Power Plus credit card which is a Rupay select gives only 1 domestic airport lounge access every quarter (and no International airport lounge access offer) being a Rupay select card. So being at top of the line in Rupay variants, still it is offering only just 1 domestic airport lounge access offer that too its a spend based offer i.e., need to spend atleast 5000 worth of transactions in the preceeding month to avail domestic airport lounge offer
Lounge benefits are controlled by bank, whatever the variant maybe, because bank is paying for them.

girish3456

TF Premier
So can you please help me with the information on PNB Rupay Platinum credit card whether does it provides domestic and international airport lounge offers as am not able to see the card details itself under https://www.rupay.co.in/platinum-booking -> Sign up -> Select Card Type -> Rupay Platinum Credit card -> "Select Card"

Can you please confirm on these which would be great help as I took this card just because of its airport lounge offers

cardio_guy

TF Ace
From the Rupay site, it looks like merchant offers are only for the Platinum variant, not Select.

From PNB website, it looks like merchant offers are available for both Platinum and Select
Platinum: https://pnbcard.in/types5.html
Select: https://pnbcard.in/types6.html

One main thing I noticed is - PNB Rupay platinum is a NCMC card. (Can be used for mobility uses. You don't need to buy another NCMC card later).