• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Resolved - Amazon Payment Glitch

sjmajumder

TF Ace
I've been experiencing a unique problem for 6-8 months. When I try to make payment in Amazon through CC/DC after entering CVV and clicking on payment it comes back to the same page and this keeps on happening. I called Amazon customer care and they gave random solutions like one of the product is not deliverable in my pin code in spite of the item being a on prime. I removed the item and still the same issue and amazon cc is clueless. Then I kept on trying for 15-20 minutes and got lucky once. I mostly use APay balance for my purchases and then this problem doesn't occur - occurs only when paying through CC/DC.

I had a tough time buying clothes during the last sale and then while buying laptop few months back and again today while buying a phone. Today I didn't get lucky even after 20 minutes then started looking for solutions in Google. Have searched earlier also but didn't find anything. Today I got lucky, found one solution saying if you have too many cards added this problem occurs sometimes. Keep the number of cards below 10 and the problem will go away. So I started deleting...coming down to 10 from 35 took some time :(.

The moment number of cards got reduced to 9, payment went through. I tried at 20, 15, 10 but faced the same issue.

This is an unexpected glitch. Not keeping all my cards added is disadvantageous. When I go to payment page any offer against any card is automatically shown. This is the best way to discover payment offers. But with most of my cards deleted now I will not know which offer I am missing. I will drop a mail to Jeff Bezos explaining the issue and requesting him to rectify it.

Update:
1709989640680.png

Last edited:

Tejo

TF Legend
I've been experiencing a unique problem for 6-8 months. When I try to make payment in Amazon through CC/DC after entering CVV and clicking on payment it comes back to the same page and this keeps on happening. I called Amazon customer care and they gave random solutions like one of the product is not deliverable in my pin code in spite of the item being a on prime. I removed the item and still the same issue and amazon cc is clueless. Then I kept on trying for 15-20 minutes and got lucky once. I mostly use APay balance for my purchases and then this problem doesn't occur - occurs only when paying through CC/DC.

I had a tough time buying clothes during the last sale and then while buying laptop few months back and again today while buying a phone. Today I didn't get lucky even after 20 minutes then started looking for solutions in Google. Have searched earlier also but didn't find anything. Today I got lucky, found one solution saying if you have too many cards added this problem occurs sometimes. Keep the number of cards below 10 and the problem will go away. So I started deleting...coming down to 10 from 35 took some time :(.

The moment number of cards got reduced to 9, payment went through. I tried at 20, 15, 10 but faced the same issue.

This is an unexpected glitch. Not keeping all my cards added is disadvantageous. When I go to payment page any offer against any card is automatically shown. This is the best way to discover payment offers. But with most of my cards deleted now I will not know which offer I am missing. I will drop a mail to Jeff Bezos explaining the issue and requesting him to rectify it.

Update:
1709989640680.png
I too faced the same, but for me the issue is for amazon pay gift cards only.

one of my friend told me that, if there was a change ip address, the cards payment might be not processed. it was a security feature by amazon. Leaving india, several countries dont have 3d secure page .... otp. even it has it might be static password or dob.

unlike in india, in usa the people will have dedicated ip addresses according to region/isp plans.

sjmajumder

TF Ace
I too faced the same, but for me the issue is for amazon pay gift cards only.

one of my friend told me that, if there was a change ip address, the cards payment might be not processed. it was a security feature by amazon. Leaving india, several countries dont have 3d secure page .... otp. even it has it might be static password or dob.

unlike in india, in usa the people will have dedicated ip addresses according to region/isp plans.
I use APay gift cards extensively. Buying 26K every month. But have never faced any issue whether its on website or app. I am sure that's a glitch too. In India everytime you switch off your router or data connection, you get a new IP Adress when you connect back next time. Unless you are in your office where a proxy server is used you will get new IP Adress everytime. So, I don't think there is any security measure like that.

Tejo

TF Legend
I use APay gift cards extensively. Buying 26K every month. But have never faced any issue whether its on website or app. I am sure that's a glitch too. In India everytime you switch off your router or data connection, you get a new IP Adress when you connect back next time. Unless you are in your office where a proxy server is used you will get new IP Adress everytime. So, I don't think there is any security measure like that.
even the people in india having broadband connection might not see change in ip address unless there was refresh in modem, router etc.

nowadays people in remote villages too are having broadband.

there was a much difference between th ip address of broadband and mobile isp providers. .... mobile isp seems managed one

Subhajeet

TF Select

Update:
1709989640680.png
it should have been done from amazon end amazon customer service is pathetic now

sjmajumder

TF Ace
even the people in india having broadband connection might not see change in ip address unless there was refresh in modem, router etc.

nowadays people in remote villages too are having broadband.

there was a much difference between th ip address of broadband and mobile isp providers. .... mobile isp seems managed one
If you want dedicated static IP you can use a security service like ZScaler.

sjmajumder

TF Ace
it should have been done from amazon end amazon customer service is pathetic now
When was Amazon customer service good?

I had an issue with paying with Amex cards long back when I used IndusInd Iconia Amex. The payment always used to time out in Amazon while in CC payment always went through and was reversed later. They never understood the issue and could not resolve it ever. I was always deprived of the RP benefits of Iconia Amex and had to use other cards.