• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Atlas Rent payment on Axis Atlas considered as Milestone?

jainjain8396

TF Buzz
Hi,
Can anyone advise if Rent payments are considered for Atlas Milestone and Would earn miles.
Thanks in advance.

Which card is best for rent payment currently?
I have
Axis Atlas
Infinite
Privilege

@shrekster @CCFan12 Did you guys got edge miles credited? I can see my transactions done on 14th were credited to milestone counter, but not the miles counter
same happened with me. i did a rent payment on 27 oct and 2 more other payments of swiggy and zepto on 28 and 30 oct. the miles for swiggy and zepto payments have been received but i have not received the miles for the rent payments. but i can see the rent payment reflected in tier counter

nrj1007

TF Premier
same happened with me. i did a rent payment on 27 oct and 2 more other payments of swiggy and zepto on 28 and 30 oct. the miles for swiggy and zepto payments have been received but i have not received the miles for the rent payments. but i can see the rent payment reflected in tier counter
did you get the points? I made an education payment on 31st oct via payzapp (redgiraffe) but it is shown as rent payment in transation history and they charged additional 1% and gst. And haven't received miles yet.

did you get the points? I made an education payment on 31st oct via payzapp (redgiraffe) but it is shown as rent payment in transation history and they charged additional 1% and gst. And haven't received miles yet.
no i didnt get points(miles) for rent transaction. call their customer care and ask for the mcc of the transaction

nandan22d

TF Neo
Rent payment upto 50000/ month using Atlas will earn you miles, but rent payment will not count for the milestone.
At least is best for 4% return on rent
In Axis Atlas Brochure their is no mention of miles on first 50k spent on rent payment. I think Rent payment is excluded from miles benefit and milestone benefit

tn_72

TF Select
Usually tier counter gets updated after a transaction is completely posted in your account (not processing). In my one month experience, for transaction with small amount, EM gets credited in two days. But for larger amounts, typically greater than 5000, it is usually takes 7-10 days in my experience.

With Atlas credit card, there is tier counter, milestone benefit and Edge miles. There is no exclusion criteria for tier benefit ( i have checked for wallet reload and it is added to tier counter). For milestone benefit - rent and wallet reload does not count. For EM, except wallet recharge and insurance amount greater than 5000 (maximum 100 EM only) all other transactions are eligible for EM.

Source for information above in italics: TnC

So for rent you should get miles, but it will not be counted for achieving milestone benefit.

tn_72

TF Select
In pdf is only says that rent is excluded from milestone benefits.
It also depends on MCC code. As far as i know sometimes bhartnxt app uses utility MCC code for rent payment. In that case, you will get tier benefit, milestone benefit and EM miles. Similarly, few months ago, Mobikwik was using utility MCC code for transferring from wallet to bank using credit card. But now they have changed MCC to wallet reload.

nikhilesh71

TF Select
B
It also depends on MCC code. As far as i know sometimes bhartnxt app uses utility MCC code for rent payment. In that case, you will get tier benefit, milestone benefit and EM miles. Similarly, few months ago, Mobikwik was using utility MCC code for transferring from wallet to bank using credit card. But now they have changed MCC to wallet reload.
Bharatnxt info is wrong. I was charges 1% plus gst for rental payment. So guess they have changed mcc code

tn_72

TF Select
B

Bharatnxt info is wrong. I was charges 1% plus gst for rental payment. So guess they have changed mcc code
Bharatnxt charges for all payments (processing charge plus GST), may it be business payment and also for rental payments. Whether you are referring to the charges from the card issuing bank? All payments through Bharat Nxt app comes under utility according to the post below

https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/bharat-nxt-usage-with-magnus.12212/post-205162

this is as of May 2023. But i could not see anyone posting in this forum posting about change in MCC code for Bharatnxt app for rent payments.

Last edited:

nikhilesh71

TF Select
Yes.
Bharatnxt charges for all payments (processing charge plus GST), may it be business payment and also for rental payments. Whether you are referring to the charges from the card issuing bank? All payments through Bharat Nxt app comes under utility according to the post below

https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/bharat-nxt-usage-with-magnus.12212/post-205162

The user who posted this info is an Axis bank agent well know to many in the forum and this is as of May 2023. But i could not see anyone posting in this forum posting about change in MCC code for Bharatnxt app for rent payments.
I am talking about additional charges from axis bank side once transaction was settled. It was on atlas card. Category selected on bharatnxt- rental. I have not tried business payment. So atleast for rental payments, bharatnxt does not gives utility mcc.

tn_72

TF Select
Yes.

I am talking about additional charges from axis bank side once transaction was settled. It was on atlas card. Category selected on bharatnxt- rental. I have not tried business payment. So atleast for rental payments, bharatnxt does not gives utility mcc.
Oh okay. But i paid my office rent and home rent using two different ICICI credit card via Bharatnxt app. And i was not charged extra 1% rent payment fee by ICICI. Using Coral Rupay credit card I paid office rent and I got 2 reward points for 100 spent. Coral card offers only 1 reward point for utility and insurance payment, so Bharatnxt was not using utility MCC code (in my case). But it was not also using rental MCC, because if it is so, i would have been charged 1% by ICICI. i got cashback for June month rent payment using Axis ace on Bharat nxt and was not charged by Axis for rent payment. That made me to think that Bharat nxt was using utility MCC code (based on the link post above), that's why mentioned "sometimes" in my post.

I will try next month paying office rent via Atlas card on Bharat nxt app and will update here if i get additional charges from Axis.

rogerthat

TF Ace
Usually tier counter gets updated after a transaction is completely posted in your account (not processing). In my one month experience, for transaction with small amount, EM gets credited in two days. But for larger amounts, typically greater than 5000, it is usually takes 7-10 days in my experience.

With Atlas credit card, there is tier counter, milestone benefit and Edge miles. There is no exclusion criteria for tier benefit ( i have checked for wallet reload and it is added to tier counter). For milestone benefit - rent and wallet reload does not count. For EM, except wallet recharge and insurance amount greater than 5000 (maximum 100 EM only) all other transactions are eligible for EM.

Source for information above in italics: TnC

So for rent you should get miles, but it will not be counted for achieving milestone benefit.
Are you sure about no exclusions for tier benefit? I was under the impression that tier and milestone calculation are done using the same method.

So in this case where we pay rent woth CC the milestones benefit at 7.5 lakh spends will come a long time after the tier was already changed to Gold at 7.5 lakh tier spends.

tn_72

TF Select
Are you sure about no exclusions for tier benefit? I was under the impression that tier and milestone calculation are done using the same method.

So in this case where we pay rent worth CC the milestones benefit at 7.5 lakh spends will come a long time after the tier was already changed to Gold at 7.5 lakh tier spends.
Yes, i was also of the same impression that tier counter and milestone benefit works by the same method until i got Atlas last month. I checked by doing wallet load using mobikwik. The amount was added to tier counter after transaction is settled. But never received miles till date (more than 12 days has passed). Tier rewards for gold tier is 5000 miles and another 5000 miles separately for milestone benefit (so different calculation method is used). Anyways, it would not be beneficial to use wallet reload to achieve tier benefit but rent transaction would be beneficial.

Yes, the rent transaction will first be added to tier counter and then you will get Edge miles 5 to 6 days. But the milestone benefits (and tier benefit) will be credited within 60 days from the card annual fee payment date (That's what is mentioned in Axis TnC ) which most likely will happen after a long time (probably 2.5 to 3 month after card anniversary date).