• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regarding Over-Limit and Limit Enhancement for Axis CC

mrtravel

TF Buzz
I am currently holding Vistara Infinite card which was issued a week ago. The current limit is not sufficient for my upcoming expenses. I might need to spend more than my card limit in single transaction a few times in upcoming months. Axis is not able to temporarily enhance my card's limit because it was recently issued.

1) Has anyone tried using over-limit facility for Axis CC? What are all the charges for using over-limit facility apart from one time fees? I read there would be a charge of 2.5% to 3% for the limit used over and above the credit limit of the card.

2) Can I pre-pay some amount to my card to increase the available limit and use the who limit in a single transaction? If I use this way, would there be over-limit charges? Would I be able to use the whole increased available limit without any over-limit restrictions if done in this method?

3) Is it possible to increase the limit of my existing card by opening an FD and setting it up as a Lien against my card? Has anyone tried this method?

I am currently holding Vistara Infinite card which was issued a week ago. The current limit is not sufficient for my upcoming expenses. I might need to spend more than my card limit in single transaction a few times in upcoming months. Axis is not able to temporarily enhance my card's limit because it was recently issued.

1) Has anyone tried using over-limit facility for Axis CC? What are all the charges for using over-limit facility apart from one time fees? I read there would be a charge of 2.5% to 3% for the limit used over and above the credit limit of the card.

2) Can I pre-pay some amount to my card to increase the available limit and use the who limit in a single transaction? If I use this way, would there be over-limit charges? Would I be able to use the whole increased available limit without any over-limit restrictions if done in this method?

3) Is it possible to increase the limit of my existing card by opening an FD and setting it up as a Lien against my card? Has anyone tried this method?
Bro 2nd option is not possible, because your credit limit is your per transaction limit as well.

manzb

TF Premier

I also had to spend more than the limit few times (with various cards). I went for option2 always and it works without any issue.

manzb

TF Premier
You can't use the card beyond the limit in one go.
Typically you use for partially. Let's say you have 5 lacs limit. Use the card for 4 lacs, then credit it with 4 lacs (typically takes 24-48 hrs to reflect) and use it for again 4.5 lacs after 2-3 days. Total 8.5 lacs. You can repeat it, but better avoid as the card may get blocked for biz txns.

Bharat

TF Select
VIP Lounge
You can't use the card beyond the limit in one go.
Typically you use for partially. Let's say you have 5 lacs limit. Use the card for 4 lacs, then credit it with 4 lacs (typically takes 24-48 hrs to reflect) and use it for again 4.5 lacs after 2-3 days. Total 8.5 lacs. You can repeat it, but better avoid as the card may get blocked for biz txns.
Point here is using the card to make a transaction in a single transaction not the case where one can split the transactions

Bharat

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Does someone have a working way of making such transaction
Upcoming Single transaction = 8L and Card Limit / Max Axis Limit = 5 Lac

PS. I want to do this on Vistara Infinite card, but I guess this would be the same for any Axis CC
@TechnoFino @anirban.choudhury @D₹V could you help here or tag someone who could guide, thanks.

Last edited:

Bharat

TF Select
VIP Lounge

Bharat

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Also, know about overlimit thing too incase you don't know.

Post in thread 'HDFC Limit Enhancement - Nov 23' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/hdfc-limit-enhancement-nov-23.19976/post-437417
Thanks . I know over limit ... I checked with CC they said no charges if paid before 1 day, i asked for confirmation he asked me to email support. I emailed but they just mentioned 500 or 2.5 or 3% ol charges but did not say about no charges on paying before or right after transaction

Bharat

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Sadly the card is <6m so can't go for usual LE option... I have Magnus>1yr but if i ask for LE on that they are not sure if they'll be able to match VI limit to magnus