• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBL Digital Savings Account - Prime SIP/RD

raghav_mri

TF Buzz
I recently opened an RBL Digital Savings Account with 5k MAB and got the signature+ debit card, My RM called me and forced me to open an RD of Rs.2000 to make my account as zero balance but I discovered that there is another option to make it 0 balance that is to put a SIP of 2000 or more, Has anyone opened the same account and started a SIP and made the account 0 balance? If so should I purchase the Mutual Fund via the RBL Mobile app?

suryatejad

TF Buzz
I recently opened an RBL Digital Savings Account with 5k MAB and got the signature+ debit card, My RM called me and forced me to open an RD of Rs.2000 to make my account as zero balance but I discovered that there is another option to make it 0 balance that is to put a SIP of 2000 or more, Has anyone opened the same account and started a SIP and made the account 0 balance? If so should I purchase the Mutual Fund via the RBL Mobile app?
I also have Same account for the last 1 year. I was also asked to open RD to make my5k balance account to zero balance account, but I already read on rbl bank website that opening a sip of 2k+ will make it zero balance. I opened a sip using RBL mobile banking app. It is converted to zero balance prime digital savings account. Better to open a sip than RD for better returns, but note that sip open through rbl app is Regular sip not Direct growth type.

raghav_mri

TF Buzz
I also have Same account for the last 1 year. I was also asked to open RD to make my5k balance account to zero balance account, but I already read on rbl bank website that opening a sip of 2k+ will make it zero balance. I opened a sip using RBL mobile banking app. It is converted to zero balance prime digital savings account. Better to open a sip than RD for better returns, but note that sip open through rbl app is Regular sip not Direct growth type.
Thanks for the info bro... Now anyway that the DC is devalued, will do a SIP for the next 6 months and close the account