• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBI disposes complaint against RBL bank

D7162

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Here is story

My brother was holding Maxima card, and one day call received from RBL bank saying he have upgrade offer to World Safari card, agent over call specifically mentioned that reward point value in Maxima is poor but World safari have 0.3 value fix and on call, i checked from RBL website tnc and found true

1697701043267.png

But after upgrade, when I tried to redeem, value is same as per maxima so i filed complained in RBI multiple times

1) They said as I am getting value of 0.2, they will credit extra points to compensate and make it equal to 0.3 but they miscalculate and credit very less points, RBI closed complaint

2) I created another complaint, this time they agreed to credit 50% points to make it equal to 0.3 per point, and they said in future i wont get point value equal to 0.3 they have changed terms, upon asking how they changed terms without 30 days notice, they replied over call that its not mandatory. I said Ok send everything on mail. They reply that they credit remaining points, and as reward value can be 0.2 less than 0.2 or more than 0.2, they wont give 0.3 value - they replied same to RBI ombudsman, i sent tnc multiple times to Ombudsmem but they are straight away closing complain saying No service deficiency observed and as bank has credited points, complain is disposed - I received Call from PNO regarding this points credit, statement is generated but those additional points are never credited. They replied OMBUDSMEN that they have credited points but in actual they didnt. PNO is not replying any mail

In between, I asked for make card LTF as they sold card on fake promise but they denied

What further we can do in this case ?
@VISHESH_BANSAL

Also I can share world safari card tnc PDF to everyone here if they want to make complain on changing tnc without intimation

Tejo

TF Legend
Here is story

My brother was holding Maxima card, and one day call received from RBL bank saying he have upgrade offer to World Safari card, agent over call specifically mentioned that reward point value in Maxima is poor but World safari have 0.3 value fix and on call, i checked from RBL website tnc and found true

1697701043267.png

But after upgrade, when I tried to redeem, value is same as per maxima so i filed complained in RBI multiple times

1) They said as I am getting value of 0.2, they will credit extra points to compensate and make it equal to 0.3 but they miscalculate and credit very less points, RBI closed complaint

2) I created another complaint, this time they agreed to credit 50% points to make it equal to 0.3 per point, and they said in future i wont get point value equal to 0.3 they have changed terms, upon asking how they changed terms without 30 days notice, they replied over call that its not mandatory. I said Ok send everything on mail. They reply that they credit remaining points, and as reward value can be 0.2 less than 0.2 or more than 0.2, they wont give 0.3 value - they replied same to RBI ombudsman, i sent tnc multiple times to Ombudsmem but they are straight away closing complain saying No service deficiency observed and as bank has credited points, complain is disposed - I received Call from PNO regarding this points credit, statement is generated but those additional points are never credited. They replied OMBUDSMEN that they have credited points but in actual they didnt. PNO is not replying any mail

In between, I asked for make card LTF as they sold card on fake promise but they denied

@VISHESH_BANSAL

Also I can share world safari card tnc PDF to everyone here if they want to make complain on changing tnc without intimation
So, bamboo pro is @VISHESH_BANSAL only

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Prestige
Here is story

1697701043267.png

@VISHESH_BANSAL

The value of RP they mention on Website is Just Gimmick.

Best Example of such Gimmick is
" RBL Platinum TravelEasy SuperCard"

On Product page they are mentioning Max Value of RP which you can get on on their Reward Redemption Portal.

If I talk about Travel Easy Card, as per Product Page it is giving 10% Value Back but when you actually redeem the points for GVs this 10% becomes around 2% on Most of the GVs.

Different GVs is giving Different Value for Same Number of RP.

As per Product Page of Travel Easy 1RP= 1 INR

But When you actually redeem, it becomes as low as 0.18 INR/RP

So I think , 0.3 INR/RP , in your case is the max value which you can get across Reward Redemption Portal.

This is RBL well planned Gimmick.

Last edited:
It is really SAD to see the new generation private banks resort to such UNETHICAL measures to get n do business.

Really shameful on the part of these non-Bankers running these banks by taking such anti-customer stands despite proving time n again that they are wrong ab-initio.

Just look at the crores of fines levied on even the biggies - ICICI, HDFC, AXIS - recently by RBI.

It is high time that NON-BANKERS are booted out from these banks. These chaps - even RNOs, PNOs, MDs, EDs n Directors of these banks - should be made accountable.
Banks are being run as private businesses n it is a pity that even RBI is reduced to a mute spectator.

Lost all respect for these private banks - especially keeping in view the growing unprofessional n cheating ways adopted by them.

BOB episode is the result of this malady affecting the Govt banks also, of late.

Shameful to say the least.

At least BOB - being a PSU - took the right decision of punishing the guilty - by sacking over 60 AGMs / CMs n even GMs.... Most of these guys are career Bankers - with about 25 to 30 yrs of banking experience.

I AM YET TO HEAR SACKING OF EVEN ONE PERSON FROM THESE PRIVATE BANKS.

Thieves n crooks n deceivers running banks now - it appears so.

Tejo

TF Legend
It is really SAD to see the new generation private banks resort to such UNETHICAL measures to get n do business.

Really shameful on the part of these non-Bankers running these banks by taking such anti-customer stands despite proving time n again that they are wrong ab-initio.

Just look at the crores of fines levied on even the biggies - ICICI, HDFC, AXIS - recently by RBI.

It is high time that NON-BANKERS are booted out from these banks. These chaps - even RNOs, PNOs, MDs, EDs n Directors of these banks - should be made accountable.
Banks are being run as private businesses n it is a pity that even RBI is reduced to a mute spectator.

Lost all respect for these private banks - especially keeping in view the growing unprofessional n cheating ways adopted by them.

BOB episode is the result of this malady affecting the Govt banks also, of late.

Shameful to say the least.
Why you always writing a magazine on every thing, are you using any AI 😂?

D7162

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
The value of RP they mention on Website is Just Gimmick.

Best Example of such Gimmick is
" RBL Platinum TravelEasy SuperCard"

On Product page they are mentioning Max Value of RP which you can get on on their Reward Redemption Portal.

If I talk about Travel Easy Card, as per Product Page it is giving 10% Value Back but when you actually redeem the points for GVs this 10% becomes around 2% on Most of the GVs.

Different GVs is giving Different Value for Same Number of RP.

As per Product Page of Travel Easy 1RP= 1 INR

But When you actually redeem, it becomes as low as 0.18 INR/RP

So I think , 0.3 INR/RP , in your case is the max value which you can get across Reward Redemption Portal.

This is RBL well planned Gimmick.
I shared part of tnc here. They clearly written it will be 0.3 - it's not Up to

Disappointed with RBI as they ignore my every mails and close complaint

Lastly l, complained on PMO portal, received call from them but as soon as I receive, it's on hold for infinite team, looks like to have to send reminder to PMO

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Prestige
I shared part of tnc here. They clearly written it will be 0.3 - it's not upto
Now , Website UI is changed.
Now they removed the Text in which Per Point Value is mentioned.

Earlier I am able to see for Travel Easy Card, now they removed it.

Same for Safari Card

Are you still able to see the same text showing INR Value of 1 RP on Product Page??

dvader

TF Premier
I completely feel you. But there are caveats,

1. Are you trying to redeem the points migrated from old card? If yes, then please check the conversion doc, HDFC has a solid conversion doc which can be used as a proof in such scenarios. If you can't find a conversion chart tough luck cuz you indirectly agree to it once you upgrade. And whatever the agent told you over call is moot, so don't even make that point.

2. If you are not able to redeem the points earned on the new card at the rate mentioned in the card's TnC (latest at the time of upgrade, if TnC chnaged say during the upgrade bank doesnt have to notify you cuz you agreed to upgrade, I know it's wrong but that's how RBI looked at it) then that is the serious convern and RBI will listen to it. Remember as long as it's clear that you are trying to redeem the points earned on this new card only, RBI has to listen.

3. They can change rewards TnC without sending you an explicit email. RBI mandates communicating major product changes to customers but Reward Point calculation is not classified as such so a change on website will be considered enough of a notice for a small thing related to rewards point calculation. For eg banks wont communicate that ; say Amazon vouchers are not available for redemption anymore, you are supposed to find that out by visiting tge website.

I know all this is wrong but I am just explaining why it's a wrong hill to die on. You can close the card ve done with RBL. Even if they credit extra points will it ve worth your wasted time?

Never go for a card upgrade on a call. Never buy a policy on call, never make an investment on call. Take your time, the agent is there to make a quick buck, he can and will lie cuz he is incentivised to do it.

Last edited:

D7162

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I completely feel you. But there are caveats,

1. Are you trying to redeem the points migrated from old card? If yes, then please check the conversion doc, HDFC has a solid conversion doc which can be used as a proof in such scenarios. If you can't find a conversion chart tough luck cuz you indirectly agree to it once you upgrade. And whatever the agent told you over call is moot, so don't even make that point.

2. If you are not able to redeem the points earned on the new card at the rate mentioned in the card's TnC (latest at the time of upgrade, if TnC chnaged say during the upgrade bank doesnt have to notify you cuz you agreed to upgrade, I know it's wrong but that's how RBI looked at it) then that is the serious convern and RBI will listen to it. Remember as long as it's clear that you are trying to redeem the points earned on this new card only, RBI has to listen.

3. They can change rewards TnC without sending you an explicit email. RBI mandates communicating major product changes to customers but Reward Point calculation is not classified as such so a change on website will be considered enough of a notice for a small thing related to rewards point calculation. For eg banks wont communicate that ; say Amazon vouchers are not available for redemption anymore, you are supposed to find that out by visiting tge website.

I know all this is wrong but I am just explaining why it's a wrong hill to die on. You can close the card ve done with RBL. Even if they credit extra points will it ve worth your wasted time?

Never go for a card upgrade on a call. Never buy a policy on call, never make an investment on call. Take your time, the agent is there to make a quick buck, he can and will lie cuz he is incentivised to do it.
1) No - its for new card

2) 0.3 value mentioned as product feature, in specific tnc, and that was valid untli few days back when RBL changed their UI and removed pdfs from their web, but when I raised issue, they have tnc in their website available

3) They can change reward tnc - but here they mentioned 0.3 specifically as product feature, like, axis can add and remove tnc but earning 2 miles per 100 and 1:2 for travel partner is mentioned as product feature in atlas. They did mention this over call that they changed this, but they didnt replied in email such. What actually happened was, there was never 0.3 value even though its mentioned in card feature, agent over call informed as per their own pdf but in actual system it was never there so they didnt changed anything, here case is of misselling by comitting something which was never available. I have attached and send all proofs to RBI but they dont listened. Even at final resolution, RBL said they have credited points but in actual they didnt, then also RBI closed and even closing if I create complaints again

I will close card once I receive point and redeem them, atleast that is some thing i should get it written

D7162

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Now , Website UI is changed.
Now they removed the Text in which Per Point Value is mentioned.

Earlier I am able to see for Travel Easy Card, now they removed it.

Same for Safari Card

Are you still able to see the same text showing INR Value of 1 RP on Product Page??
They removed it once they changed UI, but I have downloaded version and sent RBI and PNO before they changed.

dvader

TF Premier
Since RBL responded with crediting Extra points, you can raise a new complaint here. Make sure you have everything in writing. Do not try to take the same complaint as It's gonna confuse people at the bank and RBI (never trust a banker no matter what). Create a new complaint that RBL made a mistake crediting points and they have accepted the mistake and promised to credit it (make sure you have a proof in writing) attach you statment mentioning that no such credit is available in the statement. This will classify as new complaint since it's no longer the matter of reward point value, that is resolved. It's the matter of RBL not crediting what they promised in writing.

Again, make sure RBL has explicitly mentioned that they will credit xxxx amount of extra points. It should be explicit, otherwise it doesnt mean anything.

D7162

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Again, make sure RBL has explicitly mentioned that they will credit xxxx amount of extra points. It should be explicit, otherwise it doesnt mean anything.
They have in writing and even RBI replied same that bank has conveyed them this - but as soon as I made reference to the last complaint they are closing on non appealable, will try again today

I cant understand one thing, here RBL was in fault and thats why they credited points, so RBI instead of closing complain, they disposed on remark saying no service deficiency observed, if there was no deficiency why RBL agreed to credit points

dvader

TF Premier
They have in writing and even RBI replied same that bank has conveyed them this - but as soon as I made reference to the last complaint they are closing on non appealable, will try again today

I cant understand one thing, here RBL was in fault and thats why they credited points, so RBI instead of closing complain, they disposed on remark saying no service deficiency observed, if there was no deficiency why RBL agreed to credit points
Don't mention RBIs older complaint anywhere. Just use the email from the bank as the basis of the new complaint. Just raise a complaint that the Bank promised a credit but failed to do so. That is it.