• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBI Cracking Down on P2P Credit Card Transactions (Rent)

Calm Radiance

TF Premier
Unfortunately, in the end only genuine people gets affected!

They must allow rent however with strict documentation and likewise in other categories too where people have taken undue advantage and made manufactured spends.

RBI/ Banks/ Institution must ask for evident document so that people who cheat gets their cards cancelled and other punishment but genuine people are always protected.

catcat

TF Select
Hmm, I hope I am able to complete 20L spends on my SBI AI card before this becomes operational. Need another 2 months.

I pay my mother rent to get tax deductions, and also reward points, and is declared in her income. Will continue to pay her rent it even once this comes to an end, but if we can't pay via cc and get points, c'est la vie.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hmm, I hope I am able to complete 20L spends on my SBI AI card before this becomes operational. Need another 2 months.

I pay my mother rent to get tax deductions, and also reward points, and is declared in her income. Will continue to pay her rent it even once this comes to an end, but if we can't pay via cc and get points, c'est la vie.
That itself is tax fraud.

catcat

TF Select
Using a loophole is not fraud. For example, paying rent to one's spouse is not allowed. If the house were owned by my father, and had paying rent to my mother, that would be a fraud. Over invoicing and under invoicing is fraud.In this case, even if the IT department scrutinizes, I expect to prevail.
And not sure where I "hid my trail" - mom's pan number is clearly mentioned. Even TDS is done, and taxes are paid.

By this logic, those who use HUF provisions would be fraudsters as well.

But thanks for derailing the thread.

deep@vie

TF Legend
Using a loophole is not fraud. For example, paying rent to one's spouse is not allowed. If the house were owned by my father, and had paying rent to my mother, that would be a fraud. Over invoicing and under invoicing is fraud.In this case, even if the IT department scrutinizes, I expect to prevail.
And not sure where I "hid my trail" - mom's pan number is clearly mentioned. Even TDS is done, and taxes are paid.

By this logic, those who use HUF provisions would be fraudsters as well.

But thanks for derailing the thread.
Buddy @catcat don't take it personally

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Yeh to hona he tha, aaj nahi to kal.

Such transactions violate not just the credit card framework but is also beyond the scope of the current licensing of these entities.

“Credit card transactions are only meant to be between merchants and customers (P2M). If funds are being routed through an escrow account operated by a third party, it is bypassing the regulations and will not be allowed,”.