• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBI Cracking Down on P2P Credit Card Transactions (Rent)

dealminer

TF Premier
Using a loophole is not fraud. For example, paying rent to one's spouse is not allowed. If the house were owned by my father, and had paying rent to my mother, that would be a fraud. Over invoicing and under invoicing is fraud.In this case, even if the IT department scrutinizes, I expect to prevail.
And not sure where I "hid my trail" - mom's pan number is clearly mentioned. Even TDS is done, and taxes are paid.

By this logic, those who use HUF provisions would be fraudsters as well.

But thanks for derailing the thread.
Is it possible to send money to parents and stating it as the rent?
Even if I don't stay with them?
Possible to save some tax there?

Tejo

TF Legend
So the rent payment party too will soon come to an end. RBI is tightening the screws on the credit card business and especially on VISA/MasterCard from all ends.

Not just p2p

RBI making certain instructions that only certain merchants can opt for card txns. Already asked merchant service providers to figure out which category merchants are eligible to opt for card payments.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So the rent payment party too will soon come to an end. RBI is tightening the screws on the credit card business and especially on VISA/MasterCard from all ends.

They can’t control inflation which is their primary job. They are controlling common man using credit card for Rs.20,000 liquidity and Rs400 rewards.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
They can’t control inflation which is their primary job. They are controlling common man using credit card for Rs.20,000 liquidity and Rs400 rewards.
Inflation is controlled 4-6% mostly .
Since policy came

But they fuckn killed crypto currency hype with cbdc & no one uses them

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Maybe by reducing card to bank they want to reduce no cost liquidity and credit card debt.
Users are increasing ..
India is 100 billion dollar short in giving loans to msme .. ( 100 billion dollar loan should have been distributed but it isnt)
Now dry credit fund ..( i don't think so )
Are we going privatization or
Economic emergency

Post banking scam scandal in 2017 .. banks are green now & should lend more but in effective way to avoid crisis again

catcat

TF Select
Not defending them, but stability of banking system is also RBI's responsibility. Allowing rent payments on CC leads to deferment of rent payment, which probably leads to higher discretionary consumption, but also increases indebtedness of households (not everybody is a points hunter - there are people who are hard up and could be using rent by CC for that purpose)

rogerthat

TF Ace
Not defending them, but stability of banking system is also RBI's responsibility. Allowing rent payments on CC leads to deferment of rent payment, which probably leads to higher discretionary consumption, but also increases indebtedness of households (not everybody is a points hunter - there are people who are hard up and could be using rent by CC for that purpose)
I don't think RBI or Govt is bothered about indebtness of households. In fact it is the other way around. The policy seems to be to discourage saving and to encourage spending everything we get and some more. And that too via UPI, in that way all bank account get emptied seamlessly and the money stays circulating in the system.