• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[QUERY] Zero forex debit card for online spends

althafvly

TF Buzz
Hi,

I tried applying for niyo global, but DCB is showing not serviceable. Fi shows we are working on it, not able to apply. Same for Jupiter.

I want a debit card with zero forex charge. Zero balance or AMB 5000 is okay if its free card.

I'm not using it for travel. Its for international online spends. Mainly for VPS and domain charges. (hetzner and cloudflare).

Is there any other cards which i can try?

anonymuos

TF Ace
I got this one, first ever unsecured CC from SBM Bank: https://www.uni.cards/ But again I dunno on what criteria they are issuing. I had their credit line card from 2022 and that's how I got it after a long wait. It gives 1% cashback on local txns and 0% forex on international.

In DEBIT cards, IndusInd Exclusive account has 0% forex debit cards. They'd also give reward points on international transactions.

Last edited:

althafvly

TF Buzz
I got this one, first ever unsecured CC from SBM Bank: https://www.uni.cards/ But again I dunno on what criteria they are issuing. I had their credit line card from 2022 and that's how I got it after a long wait. It gives 1% cashback on local txns and 0% forex on international.
I might get rejected if i apply for another cc, because i already got 7 credit card in my 10 month cibil history. So i want to try for debit card atm.

anonymuos

TF Ace
Btw my experience with Jupiter is bad for international txns.

On Jupiter card, if you have kept international transactions normally off as a security measure (since there is no OTP), and then logged in to the app and enabled them, you must again wait for further 24 hours before using the card. This completely ruins Jupiter for me. I never use it for forex transactions because of this silly "security" crippling of the card.

The Jupiter app already does SIM binding. If we have logged in via successful authentication, I see no reason to restrict international transactions for any number of hours once they are enabled. No bank that I know does this for credit/debit cards. I didn't even know they did this and because of this, my intl txns kept failing. Only for banking channels like IMPS, NEFT etc there are usually such restrictions (cooldown period) when we want transfer huge amounts like 5L or something.

Not sure if they've changed this but they were stubborn and unfriendly in the Jupiter community when I raised this issue.