• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Query regarding linking the add-on RuPay card to BHIM App

Gabbar.Singh

TF Select
I hold a PNB Select RuPay Credit Card and my wife has an add-on card linked to my account. I have successfully linked my RuPay card to the BHIM App for UPI payments, but my wife is facing difficulties in doing the same. According to PNB, add-on cardholders are not eligible to link their cards to the BHIM App.

However, I have come across an RBI circular that states add-on cardholders can link their cards to the BHIM App if they have registered their mobile numbers with the card. PNB claims that this feature is not yet available. I am confused and frustrated by this situation.

Can someone please clarify the correct position and suggest a way for my wife to link her add-on card to the BHIM App?

ltf4ever

TF Ace
I hold a PNB Select RuPay Credit Card and my wife has an add-on card linked to my account. I have successfully linked my RuPay card to the BHIM App for UPI payments, but my wife is facing difficulties in doing the same. According to PNB, add-on cardholders are not eligible to link their cards to the BHIM App.

However, I have come across an RBI circular that states add-on cardholders can link their cards to the BHIM App if they have registered their mobile numbers with the card. PNB claims that this feature is not yet available. I am confused and frustrated by this situation.

Can someone please clarify the correct position and suggest a way for my wife to link her add-on card to the BHIM App?
hdfc also has same problem. so don't get frustrated in bob.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Im trying for add on for hdfc neu infinity card as an add on for my parents. Will they get the upi benefits?
No, in short. Please check this thread, and you will understand.

Add-on cards are also supported for UPI linking but looks like they are not fully live yet.

However, some people already used HDFC, BOB add-on cards for UPI payment.
Screenshot 2023-06-18 120241.png
Received this form for add-on card which is asking for mobile number and email address. also mentioned that otp's will be sent to add-on card holders mobile number. Does this also mean they can add the add-on card to their UPI? @Abhishek012

srikant

TF Premier
So what's the status now? I'm planning to take an add-on card -- I have HDFC MoneyBack+, BoB Easy, KMB Urbane and PNB Platinum in RuPay variants. Will any of them let the add-on card holder use the card over UPI?

I applied for an add-on for League Rupay card for my brother on the hope that he would be able to link that addon in his PhonePe with his number.
Did it work for your addon?
Not yes. I raised the request to update contact number of my mother on add-on card and it's still in process. Once it's done, I will be able to say if am able to link the add-on card to UPI on my mother's phone too.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Wow, Kotak League is available in RuPay?
Kotak league and Mojo both available in RuPay, here -

srikant

TF Premier
Kotak league and Mojo both available in RuPay, here -

But Mojo isn't LTF right? :) (Without fite)