• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Rupay Add-on card for wife

CoolGeek

TF Premier
******Update*******
I got IndusInd Platinum Rupay LTF credit card (add-on card) for my wife, and it worked for her UPI number too. It's a decent card with 0.7% return for UPI

-------------------
Hi Everyone,
I have a Tata Neu rupay card, which I use for UPI payments. My wife just started a company (and its not making any revenue), and she does not have any credit cards. She also spends on UPI when I am not there. Hdfc does not allow us to add Add-on card to her mobile UPI.
So I want to know the best Rupay credit card (with a good cashback rate) that I can apply in my name, and then I can apply for a free add-on card for my wife, which can be added to her mobile number UPI.

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi Everyone,
I have a Tata Neu rupay card, which I use for UPI payments. My wife just started a company (and its not making any revenue), and she does not have any credit cards. She also spends on UPI when I am not there. Hdfc does not allow us to add Add-on card to her mobile UPI.
So I want to know the best Rupay credit card (with a good cashback rate) that I can apply in my name, and then I can apply for a free add-on card for my wife, which can be added to her mobile number UPI.
Whats your credit card profile

CoolGeek

TF Premier
Whats your credit card profile
I presume you are asking about the list of cards I have. I don't have any Rupay card except Tata Neu Infinity. I have around 10+ cards...Amex Trifecta, BoB eterna, SBI cashback, ICICI HPCL, IDFC wealth, IndusInd Legend, Hdfc diners. Can she get any Rupay card, from my profile/guarantee, or any FD that she can have.

MrJJ

TF Premier
I presume you are asking about the list of cards I have. I don't have any Rupay card except Tata Neu Infinity. I have around 10+ cards...Amex Trifecta, BoB eterna, SBI cashback, ICICI HPCL, IDFC wealth, IndusInd Legend, Hdfc diners. Can she get any Rupay card, from my profile/guarantee, or any FD that she can have.
Well if she can do fd then PNB offers Rupay Card against FD.
Paisabazar stepup card is also a Rupay Card from SBM but it only works with Payzapp and Freecharge.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Well for Quick remedies.
You can either change number just for cc in Axis, bob , idfc or icici even hdfc & give her your Rupay card.
Only con is new number will be added to cibil ( never a problem) .

For long term.
If u have banking program in idfc , axis or hdfc .u can add her .

If u don't you can open her a Hdfc Saving max account with 2-3 lakh or even 1+ lakh to maintain for 3 month & she will get cc from hdfc
( Just don't accept low end card & low end limit from hdfc)

Or if u can do if & want cc soon 🔜
Go to ICICI . Do 1 lakh Fd or 1.5 lakh
Get coral rupay card fd based .
In 3 month u can apply Apay form amazon & 100% it will be approved around same limit ..
Then u can close the fd card 😄

Don't go for Paisa bazar, kotak , one card or even idfc card ..
Those are for people who want to build credit card with low investment.

CoolGeek

TF Premier
Well for Quick remedies.
You can either change number just for cc in Axis, bob , idfc or icici even hdfc & give her your Rupay card.
Only con is new number will be added to cibil ( never a problem) .

For long term.
If u have banking program in idfc , axis or hdfc .u can add her .

If u don't you can open her a Hdfc Saving max account with 2-3 lakh or even 1+ lakh to maintain for 3 month & she will get cc from hdfc
( Just don't accept low end card & low end limit from hdfc)

Or if u can do if & want cc soon 🔜
Go to ICICI . Do 1 lakh Fd or 1.5 lakh
Get coral rupay card fd based .
In 3 month u can apply Apay form amazon & 100% it will be approved around same limit ..
Then u can close the fd card 😄

Don't go for Paisa bazar, kotak , one card or even idfc card ..
Those are for people who want to build credit card with low investment.
We both have Hdfc accounts (salary accounts). Which hdfc rupay card would you suggest? Or if it's Idfc, Axis, which card would you suggest?

D₹V

TF Prestige
Hi Everyone,
Apply her Kotak Myntra RuPay Select Credit Card.

No income proof required. It has annual fees but you'll Myntra GV worth 1000₹ to reimburse it.

And 1.25% cashback on UPI txns above 2k.

Make sure Kotak is serviceable at your pincode.

Once you get a credit card, getting other cards will be easier.

Hope it answers your query, you can mark my answer as solution by clicking best answer ☑️ button below my reply.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Apply her Kotak Myntra RuPay Select Credit Card.

No income proof required. It has annual fees but you'll Myntra GV worth 1000₹ to reimburse it.

And 1.25% cashback on UPI txns above 2k.

Make sure Kotak is serviceable at your pincode.

Once you get a credit card, getting other cards will be easier.

Hope it answers your query, you can mark my answer as solution by clicking best answer ☑️ button below my reply.
Max limit is 5 k per transaction upi

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
We both have Hdfc accounts (salary accounts). Which hdfc rupay card would you suggest? Or if it's Idfc, Axis, which card would you suggest?
Then apply for hdfc bank cc via bank .
Via salary slip
Hdfc( tata neu is best ) but get Millniea/ regalia as core card then rupay card . Thinking long term

As for. Sharing .
Axis iocl is good . ( U can get any axis card & iocl u can get on same limit just with call )
Idfc - power + , digital card rupay

CoolGeek

TF Premier
Then apply for hdfc bank cc via bank .
Via salary slip
Hdfc( tata neu is best ) but get Millniea/ regalia as core card then rupay card . Thinking long term

As for. Sharing .
Axis iocl is good . ( U can get any axis card & iocl u can get on same limit just with call )
Idfc - power + , digital card rupay
Since you said apply with salary slip, not sure if you have got the context. She is not working, and has no credit card, so no question of salary slip for get. Can I apply for her through my salary slip (don't think so). Or if i get the card, will add on card will have her mobile number in UPI.. Not happening with HDFC

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Since you said apply with salary slip, not sure if you have got the context. She is not working, and has no credit card, so no question of salary slip for get. Can I apply for her through my salary slip (don't think so). Or if i get the card, will add on card will have her mobile number in UPI.. Not happening with HDFC
Ok okie
To sum up:-
1- Really short term - Give her one of your cc ( one bank ) by changing to her number so she can use cc right away .
Or if u have any axis card - take IOCL card from axis & get her Add on card ( very easy process)
Or Give her Idfc rupay u will get it too ( another Rupay just by a call ( ask from customer care with link of digital rupay card or power + rupay card )

For her cibil profile -
Just maintain 1+ lakh on Hdfc .
by march / april she will get credited card.
More you maintain in hdfc more type of pre approved offer u will get .
Please never select self employed
If u have business - please show as Employed in same business as any post of ur liking hehe)

If u have another lakh - Get 1+ lakh fd Coral rupay or if coral(500+gst) is not rupay ..
Get Platinum chip card( ltf)
In 3-6 month she will get Apay with same kinda limit.
When she apply .
Amazon & her number (bank ) should be same .
Then u can cancel platinum fd based .
And get Platinum chip card unsecured via X route ( u will know from here)
Then its easy .

For axis - if u have more lakh for initial funding to bank
U can always negotiate with bank to get a credit card if u open With large funding.

ASK BANK u will get ..

I hope this sums up