• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Rupay Add-on card for wife

CoolGeek

TF Premier
******Update*******
I got IndusInd Platinum Rupay LTF credit card (add-on card) for my wife, and it worked for her UPI number too. It's a decent card with 0.7% return for UPI

-------------------
Hi Everyone,
I have a Tata Neu rupay card, which I use for UPI payments. My wife just started a company (and its not making any revenue), and she does not have any credit cards. She also spends on UPI when I am not there. Hdfc does not allow us to add Add-on card to her mobile UPI.
So I want to know the best Rupay credit card (with a good cashback rate) that I can apply in my name, and then I can apply for a free add-on card for my wife, which can be added to her mobile number UPI.

Last edited:

knowbie

TF Buzz
Addon cards do not get UPI access as for HDFC and IDFC
Hi Everyone,
I have a Tata Neu rupay card, which I use for UPI payments. My wife just started a company (and its not making any revenue), and she does not have any credit cards. She also spends on UPI when I am not there. Hdfc does not allow us to add Add-on card to her mobile UPI.
So I want to know the best Rupay credit card (with a good cashback rate) that I can apply in my name, and then I can apply for a free add-on card for my wife, which can be added to her mobile number UPI.
Addon cards do not get UPI access as for HDFC.

You need to get a card with your wife's mobile and your I'd to make this work

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Addon cards do not get UPI access as for HDFC and IDFC

Addon cards do not get UPI access as for HDFC.

You need to get a card with your wife's mobile and your I'd to make this work
Thats why i suggested number change in Idfc & apply power + card or digital rupay card

Since you said apply with salary slip, not sure if you have got the context. She is not working, and has no credit card, so no question of salary slip for get. Can I apply for her through my salary slip (don't think so). Or if i get the card, will add on card will have her mobile number in UPI.. Not happening with HDFC
Also, to build any new user's CIBIL profile, give them a BOB add-on card...their CIBIL history will be same as that of primary card holder's BOB card CIBIL history!!

CoolGeek

TF Premier
No, it doesn't !!
Even worse, unlike other addon cards (viz. Onecard, Axis), otp
Also, to build any new user's CIBIL profile, give them a BOB add-on card...their CIBIL history will be same as that of primary card holder's BOB card CIBIL history!!

for online txn. using BoB add-on card will go to primary card holders mobile !!
Also, if primary card holder tries to add BoB Rupay credit card to any app, it shows both primary & add-on cards
Conflicting answers, if it will work with BoB or not....
My wife's Cibil score is good, since we are paying Home loans for many years she has 800+ Cibil score. Will the person get a credit card, if the Cibil score is 800+, but no salary?

My wife's Cibil score is good, since we are paying Home loans for many years she has 800+ Cibil score. Will the person get a credit card, if the Cibil score is 800+, but no salary?
My views are wrt my personal experience with BoB Premier Rulay add on card that it cannot be added to add-on account holder's UPI account yet !!
I'm sure @4uziaul bhai meant somthing else here...

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Bhai if u have said u had home loan in her name .. should have told you in first place to get cc from same bank ..
Which bank u have the Home loan

Forget add ons

Give her one of your Cc & chnage the number.no zhik- zhik thing . should work smoothly.

2ndly Just keep some money in Hdfc bank ( By march u should expect cc pre approved offer.
More money u gonna keep .higher the possibility of cc limit.

CoolGeek

TF Premier
Bhai if u have said u had home loan in her name .. should have told you in first place to get cc from same bank ..

Forget add ons

Give her one of your Cc & chnage the number.no zhik- zhik thing . should work smoothly.

2ndly Just keep some money in Hdfc bank ( By march u should expect cc pre approved offer.
Home loan with hdfc (joint loan)....savings account with hdfc (both have accounts)....she also has current account in hdfc...but mostly wanted non-hdfc rupay card...if hdfc, then a good card with 1.5%+ cashback on upi (not neu)

Forget add ons

One doubt...if he changes the mob. no. of any of his card, wouldn't that no. be added to his CIBIL too?
Also, since that new no. is already linked to different CIBIL account...wouldn't that create a problem??

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
One doubt...if he changes the mob. no. of any of his card, wouldn't that no. be added to his CIBIL too?
Also, since that new no. is already linked to different CIBIL account...wouldn't that create a problem??
Yes . number will be reported.
No - no problem number don't play a role unless u want service on your name + having existing relationship with other person identity on same number.

Variable reported which matters -
Cibil age
No of account
Repayment %
Late payment

Little Inconvenience - address change.but no affect
Number change no effect as sometimes it gets reported as +91********
Or 91********* or just *********
Even +91-*********

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Home loan with hdfc (joint loan)....savings account with hdfc (both have accounts)....she also has current account in hdfc...but mostly wanted non-hdfc rupay card...if hdfc, then a good card with 1.5%+ cashback on upi (not neu)
1 you were looking for rupay card for upi .so hdfc comes 1st .

If u looking for reward card there are many in category.
U can check Some thread on best rupay card.

For first card - Hdfc account + high balance maintain= 100% pre approved cc in one quarter