• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Query regarding Au bank digital account

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
the physical debit card necessary on au digital account… I can see au abhi account variant which only has virtual debit card.. But uts validity is only showing 1 year…. I dont want to take any physical payment based debit card… As already having free debit cards….

Souvik

TF Premier
Point is.... If you get high limit.... There will be issue... Sometimes major bank reject application on basis of that you already have more credit in proportion of salary or itr declared....... Get the major ones and then you can look into au as rewards rate is very less....
That's a valid point, and a very good suggestion/advice after all.....Credit limit proportionate to income.

I wonder how these college students are getting hold of credit cards nowadays, and what if these are unsecured CC's ? That's a glut of credit for a novice, who may end up spoiling his cibil inadvertently.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
That's a valid point, and a very good suggestion/advice after all.....Credit limit proportionate to income.

I wonder how these college students are getting hold of credit cards nowadays, and what if these are unsecured CC's ? That's a glut of credit for a novice, who may end up spoiling his cibil inadvertently.
Indeed, and we don't need to look at far. We can see example of western countries who have credit card culture and everyone gets one in their teens.

I've heard many many horror stories. As we move towards consumer based market I think this is going to happen here too.

Arguments like we are different and now we are more informed don't work, this is mostly psychological war that bank goes with its young customer.

Souvik

TF Premier
Indeed, and we don't need to look at far. We can see example of western countries who have credit card culture and everyone gets one in their teens.

I've heard many many horror stories. As we move towards consumer based market I think this is going to happen here too.

Arguments like we are different and now we are more informed don't work, this is mostly psychological war that bank goes with its young customer.
At that age credit and s*x (If you read something objectionable, its your dirty mind, I cant help ;)) both are tricky. These banks across the world have expanded credit lines for customer acquisition to an extent that has all sections of people trapped, more so in western countries.

As we see it now and later, its the borrower who has to be responsible now, no way out !

AllSeeker

TF Ace
At that age credit and s*x (If you read something objectionable, its your dirty mind, I cant help ;)) both are tricky. These banks across the world have expanded credit lines for customer acquisition to an extent that has all sections of people trapped, more so in western countries.

As we see it now and later, its the borrower who has to be responsible now, no way out !
Exactly.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend

If they fail.. The bank recovery agents will make their lives hell.... They make adults run for cover....

Thats desperation of banks to push credit cards.... Its a lucrative business for them... If you don't pay... Its good for banks... The intrest rates are very high... Plus penalties, late fees... Etc...

Souvik

TF Premier
If they fail.. The bank recovery agents will make their lives hell.... They make adults run for cover....

Thats desperation of banks to push credit cards.... Its a lucrative business for them... If you don't pay... Its good for banks... The interest rates are very high... Plus penalties, late fees... Etc...
Definitely a lucrative business for banks, they very well know they are spoiling a society/ spending habits, still the impetus of excessive capitalism erodes social and moral values.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
All that said, if one can handle CCs, be it whatever age, they should try to get the best CCs they can get.
I can handle my CCs.

Nowadays many banks give CC at age 18, so really the customer must be careful.
Having descipline sums it all.
If one has descipline and control over spending even in availability of capital they would have no issues in handling the CC 😉

TF Ace
TF Family
I was not trying to quote your comment,
I was just trying to explain about the general CC usage.

I just follow 1 simple thing.
I only spent the amount of money through my CC that is available in my bank.
Yup I believe in the same, and also no EMIs (not even No-Cost EMIs). I just use for getting the product/service at best value. No over spending!

AllSeeker

TF Ace
My general rule is only have CC spending in equivalent amount that you have secured somewhere in case of emergency. And that spending can't be more than your one month salary/earnings.

Everything in my house is bought on no-cost emi and sometimes flat cc discounts. I think those tools are useful but you need to have the cash somewhere in either liquid or fd form that you can utilise if suddenly next month you don't get salary/cashflow in.

This happens more than what one might like, especially people with business have this problem so we always need to have plan B,C, D, E and F