• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Query regarding Au bank digital account

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
the physical debit card necessary on au digital account… I can see au abhi account variant which only has virtual debit card.. But uts validity is only showing 1 year…. I dont want to take any physical payment based debit card… As already having free debit cards….

yolofino

TF Premier
the physical debit card necessary on au digital account… I can see au abhi account variant which only has virtual debit card.. But uts validity is only showing 1 year…. I dont want to take any physical payment based debit card… As already having free debit cards….
Take the Rupay Platinum variant debit card. It costs 177/- per year but you get 100 off on Amazon Pay money load offer (Load 500/- on Friday, once per month). So in a way you will recover the money in 2 months.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Take the Rupay Platinum variant debit card. It costs 177/- per year but you get 100 off on Amazon Pay money load offer (Load 500/- on Friday, once per month). So in a way you will recover the money in 2 months.
I know that already having 2 cards and my requirements are fulfilled from it.... The point is that au bank is not telling that without debit card... You cant do anything in your account... Transaction rights will nit be activated...... Its nowhere written... And they are clearly giving option to unselect debit card while online account opening..... Which is kind of manipulation.. That one will open account thinking that debit card is not required... But it is necessary to start in first place.... No other bank does such........in what ever account i use... Except icici... Bht they dont give any option to unselect debit card... They clearly tell that debit card is required...

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Is it possible that they also have online version of debit card like kotak 811 and axis e-debit?

And they offer that by default to all? I'm just curious I don't know what's real with AU.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Yes
ICICI requires the codes in the grids
... For netbanking transactions and even changging account particulars like email, contact nukber or branch transfer. So they say it clearly... That uts mandatory..... If you skip it then you will face issues....i specifically asked au bank customer service... They said debit card not compulsory..... But you require to activate the transaction rights..... Without that au account is of no use.... You cant fund money... You cant take out money. .

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Is it possible that they also have online version of debit card like kotak 811 and axis e-debit?

And they offer that by default to all? I'm just curious I don't know what's real with AU.
No... They have physical debit card.... They won't even issue it if you dont fund your account for atleast.... 177rs....and without debit card you can't get transaction rights to fund account..... Its full on mess...

AllSeeker

TF Ace
No... They have physical debit card.... They won't even issue it if you dont fund your account for atleast.... 177rs....and without debit card you can't get transaction rights to fund account..... Its full on mess...
They offer rupay platinum for sure though? I mean I don't want to have one more rupay debit on hand without it being platinum version :ROFLMAO:

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
They offer rupay platinum for sure though? I mean I don't want to have one more rupay debit on hand without it being platinum version :ROFLMAO:
Yes.... It sure shot with au digital account.... With abhi account... You get normal yellow rupay card... And that account is only valid for 1 year....

With the accounts that require MAB.... I dont know if they give the rupay platinum or not

yolofino

TF Premier
I know that already having 2 cards and my requirements are fulfilled from it.... The point is that au bank is not telling that without debit card... You cant do anything in your account... Transaction rights will nit be activated...... Its nowhere written... And they are clearly giving option to unselect debit card while online account opening..... Which is kind of manipulation.. That one will open account thinking that debit card is not required... But it is necessary to start in first place.... No other bank does such........in what ever account i use... Except icici... Bht they dont give any option to unselect debit card... They clearly tell that debit card is required...
I did not select the debit card option while opening the account online. Since the transaction rights were disabled, I emailed them and then they enabled the transaction rights.

Later I decided to have the debit card and called them and they clearly told me it's as per the account variant and in the account variant PDF of charges, it's clearly mentioned that the card is a Rupay Platinum one.

yolofino

TF Premier
You can fund any bank account even without internet banking or UPI also.

yolofino

TF Premier
Yes
... For netbanking transactions and even changging account particulars like email, contact nukber or branch transfer. So they say it clearly... That uts mandatory..... If you skip it then you will face issues....i specifically asked au bank customer service... They said debit card not compulsory..... But you require to activate the transaction rights..... Without that au account is of no use.... You cant fund money... You cant take out money. .
Email them for activating transaction rights

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Opened AU digital a/c
Was told it will be platinum one with 177 fees
they told to keep 200 starting balance at least for fees
a/c is zero balance
NEFT/IMPS are free
I said no to checkbook
sms charges are per quarter 18 rs
Doesn't have home branch concept

I didn't ask anything else.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Opened AU digital a/c
Was told it will be platinum one with 177 fees
they told to keep 200 starting balance at least for fees
a/c is zero balance
NEFT/IMPS are free
I said no to checkbook
sms charges are per quarter 18 rs
Doesn't have home branch concept

I didn't ask anything else.
1.Are the dc fees applicable even for only virtual dc if we don't opt for physical dc
2.Can we deactivate the sms alert to avoid those charges??