• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Query regarding Au bank digital account

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
the physical debit card necessary on au digital account… I can see au abhi account variant which only has virtual debit card.. But uts validity is only showing 1 year…. I dont want to take any physical payment based debit card… As already having free debit cards….

TheTrickySid

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
No virtual DC, also since you want it for amazon offer, shouldn't you get it?
Actually I already have 8 Bank accounts and opening a new one is making me think twice.
If I would have only got dc then I had no issues in paying the fees.Its 1200 returns on 177 investment.
Opening the bank account is a concern to me🤣, also there's no branch near my place.

yolofino

TF Ace
No I already have 2 rupay platinum cards... So not required.... Since there is no debit card... So no charges...
Bro, I have 6 different bank cards for lounge access. At one time, we were 3 people and 2 cards worked but others started 'failing' (even HDFC Regalia card) . At last, Equitas bank's Rupay Platinum worked and we enjoyed the lounge facilities.

So get as many cards as per your use case and of course, especially those that are free or almost free. You never know when you need one.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
I've a question now, I can't seem to add money to it by UPI since I've not yet received the debit card, not able to do online transaction as well since I can't put in IFSC code since I don't know what it is (I tried entering one near me but account is not found).

So how do I add the 200 rupees for debit card fees?

TheTrickySid

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
the physical debit card necessary on au digital account… I can see au abhi account variant which only has virtual debit card.. But uts validity is only showing 1 year…. I dont want to take any physical payment based debit card… As already having free debit cards….
You can add after you receive dc

yolofino

TF Ace
I've a question now, I can't seem to add money to it by UPI since I've not yet received the debit card, not able to do online transaction as well since I can't put in IFSC code since I don't know what it is (I tried entering one near me but account is not found).

You have another bank account? Just do a imps/neft/upi transfer from your existing bank account to your AU bank account. Simple.

If you have UPI with any other bank, you can put your AU bank details like IFSC code + bank account no. and make a trasfer.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
You have another bank account? Just do a imps/neft/upi transfer from your existing bank account to your AU bank account. Simple.

If you have UPI with any other bank, you can put your AU bank details like IFSC code + bank account no. and make a trasfer.
Mate, problem is the IFSC code of the AU bank is not getting accepted (means the branch is not found) in my other banks a/c to do neft/imps.

I've also tried with other branches of AU bank and with them a/c is not getting found.

yolofino

TF Ace
Mate, problem is the IFSC code of the AU bank is not getting accepted (means the branch is not found) in my other banks a/c to do neft/imps.

I've also tried with other branches of AU bank and with them a/c is not getting found.

Wow, this is new. I too opened my account without loading any money and no debit card at that time and I was able to transfer money via NEFT using my IDFC First bank account. Try going ahead with the IFSC code you have got and see if the transfer is successful. You can try with a smaller amount.

Also, even if you put wrong IFSC code (like other branches of the AU bank), it will still go through as the banks will see it as "AU bank". Only the account number needs to be correct. So you can put any famous branch's IFSC code and see if the transfer goes through or not.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Wow, this is new. I too opened my account without loading any money and no debit card at that time and I was able to transfer money via NEFT using my IDFC First bank account. Try going ahead with the IFSC code you have got and see if the transfer is successful. You can try with a smaller amount.

Also, even if you put wrong IFSC code (like other branches of the AU bank), it will still go through as the banks will see it as "AU bank". Only the account number needs to be correct. So you can put any famous branch's IFSC code and see if the transfer goes through or not.
That actually worked, I was trying with the IFSC code that shows in your AU app account info

Which is AUBL0002599
But it was not working

Then I tried with this IFSC which I got after some google time, which was found when I just put my city name and AU bank in search tab

Which is AUBL0002348

Believe it or not, that actually worked. I did rs 10 transfer as trial.

Funny thing is this is of different branch, so I assume your logic works here.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend

The ifsc code is given in app itself.. Open au 101 app... Then click on accounts and then on view account details.. There ur account nukber plus ifsc will be visible...